Low Tire Pressure Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

restopaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
2014 2500 6.7 Cummins, manual trans. Got a low tire pressure message the other day, tires aren't low. Drove for a bit and message disappeared. It was good for a couple days and then message came back and won't go away. It reads: Front tire low inflate to 60psi, with both front tire icons red. Also states that both front tires are inflated to 66psi. Is my truck haunted? And yes I took a gauge and checked the pressures. Thanks.......Paul

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
TPMS batteries going low. 10yrs is about max life for them.
10 years if you're lucky - I have had them not last 5 years. It's actually a good idea to have them replaced when you get new tires, since they have to break down the tires to replace them when they go bad anyway.

HOWEVER, I would try rotating and re-learning the tires first, just to make sure the system itself isn't having a fault, since he says BOTH front tires are saying they're low. I don't recall if his has just one receiver in the center of the truck or if there's one for the fronts and one for the rears, I have heard it could be either, but if the receiver itself is having issues this will tell you: if the low tire warning follows the tires then it's the sensors in the tires, if it stays put it's the receiver.

I'm not saying it IS the receiver but it's a good idea to check it before spending any real money, and tire rotations are dirt cheap (free if you can do them yourself).

OP
OP
restopaul

restopaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I think low batteries or bad receiver is not the issue. As I drive the truck and the tire pressures increase due to temperature the pressure readings on the display increase.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think low batteries or bad receiver is not the issue. As I drive the truck and the tire pressures increase due to temperature the pressure readings on the display increase.
Are those factory original TPMS sensors, as in the ones the truck was built with? You can have flakey sensors transmit and stop transmitting intermittently, especially on cold PSI. Then they stabilize when they warm up, or become unstable when they warm up. If those ARE original units, my money would be on aged-out sensors.