Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have used it now for a couple of years. I like it. It's great for in-betweens. They also have a wipe on wipe off that is good and has little more longevity. I really like the Wolfgang ceramic wipe on wipe off for the long term durability of it.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, it's a really good product. You can use it on the outside plastic of the truck too, I use it on my wheels, plastic on the outside mirrors, the plastic along under the wipers, the strips along the top of the bed sides. etc. Water beads like crazy. If you buy the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wash (orange jug) as well, they work together to bead water wonderfully.

- Oops, I thought you were talking about the Meguiar,s 'Liquid' Hybrid Wax (yellow bottle), but they all work together. I use the Spray Wax (blue bottle) just to boost the protection. With the liquid down as a base the spray holds onto it nicely. Very easy to work with.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have heard mixed reviews about it. I personally would use this. I have used it and its awesome! If you want to get a little more advanced they have different levels.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing about the detailing world is there is an INSANE amount of companies and products out there today, so many choices, it's almost overwhelming. The facts are pretty much ALL of them are great products. A huge majority of the cars on the road people just drive them, maybe throwing in a car wash. So anyone willing to put time in to wax even with a basic, cheaper $ product is doing great work. Every product will have both good/bad comments, think of them for the people deep into the detail world. For average user, like I said, your willing to put the time to wax, so your 100% ahead of the game.
Meguiar's is a reputable brand, they make great stuff (as most of the brands do to), you won't go wrong with the above wax. Like Treburkulosis said above, you will like it, it is a fantastic product.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thing about the detailing world is there is an INSANE amount of companies and products out there today, so many choices, it's almost overwhelming. The facts are pretty much ALL of them are great products. A huge majority of the cars on the road people just drive them, maybe throwing in a car wash. So anyone willing to put time in to wax even with a basic, cheaper $ product is doing great work. Every product will have both good/bad comments, think of them for the people deep into the detail world. For average user, like I said, your willing to put the time to wax, so your 100% ahead of the game.
Meguiar's is a reputable brand, they make great stuff (as most of the brands do to), you won't go wrong with the above wax. Like Treburkulosis said above, you will like it, it is a fantastic product.
I was a meguires guy for a long time. Had great results with it. It was easy to find. As my detailing progressed, I discovered Chemical Guys and Adams. I was using Chemical Guys for a long time. Nothing wrong with them at all, I just like the simplicity of Adams products. They dont have a billion different things. I would say 90% of my detailing cabinet is Adams now. Those are our two vehicles I just did.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.48 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 11.49.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 11.49.21 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use on my Truck and MC, works well. Nice lower priced product. If U want to dump some $$$, ADAMS good also.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use on my Truck and MC, works well. Nice lower priced product. If U want to dump some $$$, ADAMS good also.
Meguires has been around forever. They make good products. I have a detailing buddy that is at SEMA every year with the Meguires guys. What I like about Adams is he is the most humble guy. At their 20 year anniversary he revisted everyone that helped him get to where he is now. It was really cool and everyone just loves him. He does videos from time to time of him doing his own personal vehicles. You cant go wrong with either one, it all just depends on long term durability and shine. The Adams stuff is so easy. Apply it and 2-3 minutes later you just wipe it off. Easy on and easy off.

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tons of good responses....thnx!! Over the last few years, I started using lots of Chemical Guys products and have been happy with them. I did buy this Maguiar's hybrid ceramic stuff....it just got here today. I'm hoping to get a decent weather day in NJ to get it on at least a couple cars!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I do mobile detailing now full time and I love this stuff and include it on my "Deluxe Wash" package and the "Premium Wash" as well which I do a claybar treatment followed up with polish or buff depending on the condition of the clearcoat ....

If you wash your vehicle weekly after applying this Hybrid ceramic wax, you will definately see how easy it is to clean ... and for a spray wax this thing really beads, I like it better than beadmaker from PnS.....

I don't mess with Adams or Chemical guys products at all, they are overpriced and the detail supplies I use are from a local guy here in town ... check out my mobile instagram and website

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What you need to also check is where you're applying it? Garage, outside (shade or sunlight). Some products can't do sunlight applications.

I tried the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions line, it's pretty good and actually impressed me (wasn't a fan of TW in the past). It can be applied in direct sunlight and pretty much every surface. But I'm looking around to see if I can rent a garage for a few days and apply a real ceramic coating.

All the brands mentioned here are top notch, you just need to find what you prefer depending on application.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Best way to apply this is right after the final rinse, don't dry it and just spray each panel while it is still wet, you don't need much at all just a quick spray, then you spread it with another spray of the pressure washer or garden hose ...

Don't let the rinse wash it off, I spray the panels with upwards so that the wax goes up instead of down .... then you can dry it and use a towel to buffed it out ...

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Ive been using nextgen and it works pretty good too. Get lots of compliments after I apply it. Last pretty long. Good water beading.

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, ALL we use on vehicles of ours, including the Harleys.... pick of the litter. Also we clay bar with their Quick Detailer 1-2 times a year.

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It warmed up enough in NJ today to wash and finally try the Meguiars hybrid wax. LOVE how easy it is to use and looks great. Since it was the first application, I gave 2 or 3 sprays to each panel, one at a time while the truck was still wet. Then, rubbed them in with some new microfiber towels. Next time, I will just spray it on and hose it to spread it around and cover everything, then dry.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
It warmed up enough in NJ today to wash and finally try the Meguiars hybrid wax. LOVE how easy it is to use and looks great. Since it was the first application, I gave 2 or 3 sprays to each panel, one at a time while the truck was still wet. Then, rubbed them in with some new microfiber towels. Next time, I will just spray it on and hose it to spread it around and cover everything, then dry.
How been a few weeks since you first applied it, hows it doing ?

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used this over summer and its still beading nicely! I have the detailing mist also which i should be adding but havnt just yet.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I used this over summer and its still beading nicely! I have the detailing mist also which i should be adding but havnt just yet.
I love this stuff man seriously, only reason I haven't ceramic coated my truck with a true h-9 ceramic coating lol ... but I will be doing the true ceramic coating right before spring hits when it gets a little warmer, or I might just do it after New Years, my truck needs a little paint enhancement so it should take about 4 hours to do so ....

But on my truck this stuff still makes it bead and makes it easier to clean as well ...