MMX no tune required cam. Anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed this cam about a month ago w/ their MDS delete kit. Idles fine on a superchips tune w/ no codes.
Paired with shorty headers, it pulls great. Definitely a noticeable difference in normal low to mid rpm driving as well. Happy with it.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I installed this cam about a month ago w/ their MDS delete kit. Idles fine on a superchips tune w/ no codes.
Paired with shorty headers, it pulls great. Definitely a noticeable difference in normal low to mid rpm driving as well. Happy with it.

Any chance you've dyno'd the truck?

Resurrected Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the diablo sport Jammer CAI tune/Kit and wanted to pair it with this cam with lifter changes (Piece of Mind). Thinking of keeping the mds system just because this is a daily and don't actually drive a long way and well there is not much support for tuning and parts out where I live. si thought this cam and what already have with a little bit of exhaust work and call it done.
Thoughts?

Resurrected Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think im going to do this becausse i need to change water pump and power steering pump anyway
might as well just tear everything apart and refresh everything

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
I just installed this cam on my 18 2500 6.4 because I had a lifter failure. Hellcat lifters and oil pump. Cam feels good but no idea what it added power wise. 70-75psi oil pressure now up from 50ish. Smoothest it’s ever ran since I bought it. Specs on the cam are as follows. Anyone know the OEM truck cam specs? I was curious how Comp achieved an improvement on a stock PCM. I am running a Hemifever 93 tune currently.

image.jpg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m on the edge between cams. This NTR/NSR cam from mmx/moes performance, the NTR/NSR cam from frp, or going with a full on cam. I’m leaning full on cam because that gives me more reason to replace springs and refresh the cylinder heads. Debating on sending them out for a cleaning/mild porting at the same time. Really want to do a full on cam and switch to HP tuners but that’s a lot of extra cost to switch. Hope I can recoup some selling my used pcm and Diablo i3

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
why not just stick with the diablo to tune the cam? sure it might not be the best option out there but...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why not just stick with the diablo to tune the cam? sure it might not be the best option out there but...
If I go with a cam from frp I would prefer for him to tune the truck and he only uses hp tuners otherwise I would keep the Diablo tuner.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed this cam on my 18 2500 6.4 because I had a lifter failure. Hellcat lifters and oil pump. Cam feels good but no idea what it added power wise. 70-75psi oil pressure now up from 50ish. Smoothest it’s ever ran since I bought it. Specs on the cam are as follows. Anyone know the OEM truck cam specs? I was curious how Comp achieved an improvement on a stock PCM. I am running a Hemifever 93 tune currently.
Bringing this back to the top.... It appears no one ever answered your question and I also wanted to know....

I copied this from another thread....

OEM part# 05045517AC for 6.4 truck Hemi

215/221 @ .050"
.353"/.333" lobe lift
.574"/.541" valve lift
121 LSA
108 ICL

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really don't get this desire to avoid a tune. Anything worth doing is going to require a tune. Anything else is just :manos:
Purely $ IMO

If you’re gaining any HP / TQ “while you’re in there” doing say a cam swap, plus getting rid of the OEM known bad metallurgy cam… and you don’t need to spend the extra $1k for a tune… why wouldn’t you?

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that's an excellent offering. In fact I might go that route first because of a few reasons

Don't have to pull the heads
Don't have to change valve springs.
Don't need the top end rebuild kit.

Then when I'm ready for that stroker kit I can do all the above later along with another cam to fit the stroker motor profile.
Don’t have to pull heads for a cam swap???
How so?

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t have to pull heads for a cam swap???
How so?
You back off the tension on all the lifters then rotate the cam and it pushes the lifters up so the cam can be pulled out... Look it up on youtube.... There are several videos of guys doing it...

With that said.... I'm in the camp of why would you swap the cam and not replace the lifters. I guess I could see it if the engine only had a few thousand miles on it but after, say 10K miles there is no way I would do it....

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You back off the tension on all the lifters then rotate the cam and it pushes the lifters up so the cam can be pulled out... Look it up on youtube.... There are several videos of guys doing it...

With that said.... I'm in the camp of why would you swap the cam and not replace the lifters. I guess I could see it if the engine only had a few thousand miles on it but after, say 10K miles there is no way I would do it....
Interesting… knowing my luck a lifter would drop.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

MegaHertz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm taking a hard look at the MMX No tune cam as well. Running an OTS Diablo pcm/tcm tune now, and probably will do a custom Hemifever tune in the future after shorty headers, 6.4 manifold/CAI and cam all go in (first two already ordered).

But, I like the peace of mind that I can run all those mods without a tune if need be, or even just a canned tune. I can just "drop-in" the upgrades and not have to worry if the truck will start or run without CELs (assuming installed correctly); or that I couldn't take it to the mechanic down the street anytime if needed.

I'm not looking for choppy idle or tire shredding gains, just OEM+ (ok, maybe ++). Still debating whether to do MDS delete or not, as then I would be tied to some sort of tune all the time at least to disable that system.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm taking a hard look at the MMX No tune cam as well. Running an OTS Diablo pcm/tcm tune now, and probably will do a custom Hemifever tune in the future after shorty headers, 6.4 manifold/CAI and cam all go in (first two already ordered).

But, I like the peace of mind that I can run all those mods without a tune if need be, or even just a canned tune. I can just "drop-in" the upgrades and not have to worry if the truck will start or run without CELs (assuming installed correctly); or that I couldn't take it to the mechanic down the street anytime if needed.

I'm not looking for choppy idle or tire shredding gains, just OEM+ (ok, maybe ++). Still debating whether to do MDS delete or not, as then I would be tied to some sort of tune all the time at least to disable that system.
If you're doing cam/shorties/6.4 intake/CAI,you're going to have to tune it,to get everything to work together,so you might as well replace the mds solenoids with the Mopar plugs,and run the non-mds cam.

MegaHertz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're doing cam/shorties/6.4 intake/CAI,you're going to have to tune it,to get everything to work together,so you might as well replace the mds solenoids with the Mopar plugs,and run the non-mds cam.
Well, ok. :emotions133: