New to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigjaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2017 2500 that I just got to replace my 14 1500 that got totaled. The new truck has the notorious cam and lifter issue. I'm wondering what anybody that has gone through this would recommend for parts. I plan to replace the cam and all lifters, but the number of different brands is completely overwhelming. Also, has anyone came up with a complete kit? If so, where? I'm not doing anything more than a bone stock cam.

On another topic, I'm going to be putting the VP4NA radio in it and I will have to come up with the correct wiring for it. I have a 2 antenna wires currently and the VP4NA has a plug for 4 or 5. I already have the bezel, and shark fin antenna and radio out of the 14, but I need the wiring to control the fan and vents.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2017 2500 that I just got to replace my 14 1500 that got totaled. The new truck has the notorious cam and lifter issue. I'm wondering what anybody that has gone through this would recommend for parts. I plan to replace the cam and all lifters, but the number of different brands is completely overwhelming. Also, has anyone came up with a complete kit? If so, where? I'm not doing anything more than a bone stock cam.

On another topic, I'm going to be putting the VP4NA radio in it and I will have to come up with the correct wiring for it. I have a 2 antenna wires currently and the VP4NA has a plug for 4 or 5. I already have the bezel, and shark fin antenna and radio out of the 14, but I need the wiring to control the fan and vents.

I can’t help with the cam/lifters but for the radio install reach out to forum vendor M2 Mods in the preferred vendors section. He is the resident radio/wiring/retrofit guru. Super knowledgeable, fabricates high quality equipment and very reasonable prices.

OP
OP
C

craigjaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe it's because I'm using my phone, but I can't find any preferred vendors on here

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

If you want to stick with a stock cam and lifters get ahold of Benny and have him put a kit together with everything you need.