OBDLink MX+ and ALFA OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyphertx0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 bighorn that the mirror turn signals and puddle lights don't work and it's second set. Someone said it may have never been flashed for them after someone added them. Also was adding factory trailer brake which also requires flashing. Someone said alfaobd would be my best option so I downloaded on my galaxy s24 ultra. I'm looking at obdlink mx+. Would this be my best option and will I need any cables?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 2015 bighorn that the mirror turn signals and puddle lights don't work and it's second set. Someone said it may have never been flashed for them after someone added them. Also was adding factory trailer brake which also requires flashing. Someone said alfaobd would be my best option so I downloaded on my galaxy s24 ultra. I'm looking at obdlink mx+. Would this be my best option and will I need any cables?
Yes, I have the same setup for my 2016. You do not need a bypass cable

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use it with a windows 10 laptop and have had zero problems with that setup. The laptop is just my preference over the android.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I use it on an ancient, and I mean ancient, Samsung Galaxy S5 and the OBDlink MX+, works fine on both my trucks, my son's truck, and my old Charger before the front end got ran over by a clown that didn't know how to pull out of a parking spot with a lifted truck.

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While on this obdlink mx subject. I've been looking at Torque Pro for dashboard display. Anyone else use it or any advice on a good dashboard to monitor cummins proformance.
Thanks

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also use the MX+ with torque pro that's on an android tablet and it works well. Only thing is, it will only monitor / view and reset some codes, not change anything in the Mopars, like the Alfaobd will.

But is is like good of both worlds. The program that comes with the MX+ is also very good, but like Torque, doesn't change stuff.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need the MX+ unless you want to be able to use some sort of iPhone based CODE READER. (I am unaware of any iPhone based car programming apps, but I also personally hate iPhones for a variety of reasons.) Get a cheaper model from OBDLink.

Bypass cable as others have said is only for post 2018 models.

EDIT: and I say that as someone who HAS the MX+. You pay like $50 extra (From when I last looked like 18 months ago) to be able to link to iPhones too.