Phone issues 8.4 UAQ upgrade in 2013 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently got an 8.4 UAQ unit to replace my stock 8.4 RA so I would have the benefit of carplay and android auto. Unfortunately, I don't have any sound on my end during calls unless I'm constantly tapping the screen (mute button). The company I bought it from sent me a replacement, but that one had the same issue in addition to a cracked screen. Given I didn't wait the "acclimation period" I don't know if that one genuinely had the same issue since it didn't have any sound during calls unless I did the same thing. They're sending me another replacement and I have to wait the 48 hour acclimation period to see if it works. The customer service person I spoke to today said the "tier 2" tech suggested the BCM might not be working with the UAQ. Does that make sense? I can stream music and videos without any issue, but any calls I make have no sound on my end. People on the other end hear me just fine. Anyone else out there done this upgrade and experienced this?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What phone are you trying to connect? and is the phone and app fully updated?

Let's see in @SitKneelBend chimes in, also I believe he's away on vacation but @Mpgrimm2 is another great resource for this issue.

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What phone are you trying to connect? and is the phone and app fully updated?

Let's see in @SitKneelBend chimes in, also I believe he's away on vacation but @Mpgrimm2 is another great resource for this issue.
I have both an android (Galaxy S22 Ultimate) and an iPhone 15 Max Pro. Same result with either...and yes...both are fully updated. They connect fine. it's no sound on my end when making calls, but recipients can hear me just fine.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have both an android (Galaxy S22 Ultimate) and an iPhone 15 Max Pro. Same result with either...and yes...both are fully updated. They connect fine. it's no sound on my end when making calls, but recipients can hear me just fine.
Have you tried turning up the volume while in call? Are you sure all of your speakers are working (specifically driver dash speaker)?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the phone isn't charging, you need to check if 12V is getting to the hub, it might be a blow fuse or a bad hub.
Read through this thread, it will show where to look for the power going to the hub:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I recently got an 8.4 UAQ unit to replace my stock 8.4 RA so I would have the benefit of carplay and android auto. Unfortunately, I don't have any sound on my end during calls unless I'm constantly tapping the screen (mute button). The company I bought it from sent me a replacement, but that one had the same issue in addition to a cracked screen. Given I didn't wait the "acclimation period" I don't know if that one genuinely had the same issue since it didn't have any sound during calls unless I did the same thing. They're sending me another replacement and I have to wait the 48 hour acclimation period to see if it works. The customer service person I spoke to today said the "tier 2" tech suggested the BCM might not be working with the UAQ. Does that make sense? I can stream music and videos without any issue, but any calls I make have no sound on my end. People on the other end hear me just fine. Anyone else out there done this upgrade and experienced this?
Where did you buy the upgrade from?
(What all did they supply?)

What's the Mopar PN of the radio (ie 63816631Ax).

What application version on the radio & what Hardware PN?
(Dealer mode: Key to run, press and hold Temp up Temp Down & Front Defrost for 5-10 secs)

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you buy the upgrade from?
(What all did they supply?)

What's the Mopar PN of the radio (ie 63816631Ax).

What application version on the radio & what Hardware PN?
(Dealer mode: Key to run, press and hold Temp up Temp Down & Front Defrost for 5-10 secs)
I got it from Infotainment.com

Part # is 68429185AC

I'll have to check that tomorrow, but I was told it was all updated to the latest version before it was shipped.
Have you tried turning up the volume while in call? Are you sure all of your speakers are working (specifically driver dash speaker)?
That was step #1. Quite certain all the speakers work since the only issue I have is being able to hear any sound during calls unless I'm touching the screen.

Today I received a replacement UAQ from Infotainment to see if that resolves my issues. I'll wait the "48 hour" acclimation period to see if anything is different.