Pricing discounts on 2025 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjeckert6297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 SO
So I just ordered my 2025 DoubleCab Big Horn this past weekend. When I ordered it the dealer said we will discuss final pricing and what rebates are available when it comes in. I am curious what kind of discounts from MSRP people are getting with what I am hearing is reduced sales? This is the first RAM for me (longtime Chevy guy), but when I drove the new Chevy/GMC/Ford, they did not drive any better, mostly worse than my current 14-year-old truck. I was going to just keep my old truck and then once I drove the Dodge I was sold. I know the new engine will have growing pains as every new model year does, but I hope they get it straight in a short amount of time. So MSRP on my truck is around $62k with the out the door price being around $66K if no discounts or rebates are applied. I was thinking an out the door price of $62k would be reasonable, but with what I am seeing, am I selling myself short? Should I be leaning more towards $58k or less? Trying to get some insight from others who have recently purchased and what kind of deals you got. I know it will vary dealer by dealer, but I would like to get the general consensus of where everyone is at. Thanks!

KubotaTed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SST-HO
Congrats on your order. I personally demand final pricing before ordering any vehicle, so I know everything down to the penny - including admin fees. There is no reason that the dealer can't do this and if they balk, then they are playing games. I realize that if you have a trade, they can't guarantee the value of the trade-in 'xyz months' from now, so I'm only talking the price of the new truck.

I ordered a RAM 1500 on 7/5/24 and locked in final pricing that day. Even when they agreed to final pricing, they required a $1k deposit, which I told them needed to be refundable. They said that it wouldn't be. At that point, I thanked him for his time and left. Oddly enough, I wasn't using that as a negotiation tactic, but rather wasn't something I was willing to bend on. I hadn't even made it to my car in the parking lot and the guy was running after me saying that the "sales manager decided that it can be refundable". I said, ok - let's paper it up then.

To answer your question about pricing - my observation (perhaps incorrect) is that invoice is about 6-7% under MSRP on these RAMs. I secured pricing right at invoice, however I know some reputable dealers (Granger) actually sell under invoice. I strongly considered going that route, but ultimately wanted convenience of local.

OP
OP
S

sjeckert6297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 SO
I am prepared to pay what is in the paperwork, I don't want to, but I can...BUT if I can get a better deal then I want to. Also, if I don't agree on the price I can just walk away from the deal and the dealer will sell the truck to someone else. I have my deposit is refundable in writing. I was told this is how this particular dealer does orders, which by the way I have never had to order a vehicle before, I have always been able to find what I wanted previously. Just seems people want crew cabs with short beds...that's not for me.

OP
OP
S

sjeckert6297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 SO
Congrats on your order. I personally demand final pricing before ordering any vehicle, so I know everything down to the penny - including admin fees. There is no reason that the dealer can't do this and if they balk, then they are playing games. I realize that if you have a trade, they can't guarantee the value of the trade-in 'xyz months' from now, so I'm only talking the price of the new truck.

I ordered a RAM 1500 on 7/5/24 and locked in final pricing that day. Even when they agreed to final pricing, they required a $1k deposit, which I told them needed to be refundable. They said that it wouldn't be. At that point, I thanked him for his time and left. Oddly enough, I wasn't using that as a negotiation tactic, but rather wasn't something I was willing to bend on. I hadn't even made it to my car in the parking lot and the guy was running after me saying that the "sales manager decided that it can be refundable". I said, ok - let's paper it up then.

To answer your question about pricing - my observation (perhaps incorrect) is that invoice is about 6-7% under MSRP on these RAMs. I secured pricing right at invoice, however I know some reputable dealers (Granger) actually sell under invoice. I strongly considered going that route, but ultimately wanted convenience of local.
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking 5% under MSRP, so I am not too far off.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Ummm.. firstly, happy for you and your new Ram.

However, signing for a new vehicle without knowing your final price is mind blowing to me.

Et al, this can't be a common practice, or, is it and I'm a dumb_a---z.._a for thinking otherwise?!
I know some local dealers that'll custom order for you and if you aren't happy when it gets here, they'll refund any deposits and just put it on the lot and sell it. Not so much now, but when inventory was a bit shorter, it worked in their favor to do that. It was especially advantageous to dealers that were adding "market adjustments" to things...Like Ford dealers. The manufacturer couldn't track market adjustments to cars that were already assigned a customer name.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ummm.. firstly, happy for you and your new Ram.

However, signing for a new vehicle without knowing your final price is mind blowing to me.

Et al, this can't be a common practice, or, is it and I'm a dumb_a---z.._a for thinking otherwise?!
I am prepared to pay what is in the paperwork, I don't want to, but I can...BUT if I can get a better deal then I want to. Also, if I don't agree on the price I can just walk away from the deal and the dealer will sell the truck to someone else. I have my deposit is refundable in writing. I was told this is how this particular dealer does orders, which by the way I have never had to order a vehicle before, I have always been able to find what I wanted previously. Just seems people want crew cabs with short beds...that's not for me.
I have owned 3 trucks in the past 37 years - a Ford, a Chevy, and now a RAM - all my EDD and have always ordered the truck with what I want on in, which is always minimal bells and whistles. Every dealer I've spoken to says that they don't control what rebates or discounts the manufacturer offers. So, you might be able to get them to guarantee any dealer rebates, but any manufacturer offers will be what is offered when the truck comes in. The dealer is not going to guarantee a manufacturer rebate of $2000 if the manufacturer isn't going to be footing the bill.

KubotaTed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SST-HO
I have owned 3 trucks in the past 37 years - a Ford, a Chevy, and now a RAM - all my EDD and have always ordered the truck with what I want on in, which is always minimal bells and whistles. Every dealer I've spoken to says that they don't control what rebates or discounts the manufacturer offers. So, you might be able to get them to guarantee any dealer rebates, but any manufacturer offers will be what is offered when the truck comes in. The dealer is not going to guarantee a manufacturer rebate of $2000 if the manufacturer isn't going to be footing the bill.

Sort of. I neglected to mention that part in my write-up. My specific order does have a $1,000 rebate attached. In my paperwork, it indicates that on delivery, I'll get the higher of any current rebates or this $1,000. I suspect the rebate is honored to the dealer from the manufacturer based on the 'order date', but not sure how that back office funding works. Worst case, the dealer pulls it from profit and lives to fight another day.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I ordered mine the price was locked in but if any new rebates came I could potentially get them. Also dealer told me they get dinged if they order a truck as a customer paid spec ( creates some sort of priority with factory or so they claimed ) and don’t sell it to the named customer. They didn’t even cash my deposit check, said they needed it for verification with Chrysler if they get audited on the customer orders and wanted to have my check with the order form and would cash it when the truck came in. I thought that was weird, surely they could use a copy of the check but whatever.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would think they should have been able to agree to a not-to-exceed price at the time of delivery. But I suspect they are hedging a little in case additional manufacturer discounts or incentives are announced before delivery that they can apply - to your advantage. I actually think you are setting your expectations a little low. I bought my 23 11 months ago and got about $10k off on a Limited, which afterwards was not as good as some other deals I read about. My truck was on the lot however.

But I think I would expect some agreed to, NTE price before submitting a deposit.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I ordered mine the price was locked in but if any new rebates came I could potentially get them. Also dealer told me they get dinged if they order a truck as a customer paid spec ( creates some sort of priority with factory or so they claimed ) and don’t sell it to the named customer. They didn’t even cash my deposit check, said they needed it for verification with Chrysler if they get audited on the customer orders and wanted to have my check with the order form and would cash it when the truck came in. I thought that was weird, surely they could use a copy of the check but whatever.
If you mean that by special ordering a truck it makes it a priority, you would be mistaken. I ordered a 2022 in July 2022 - 6 months later it was still sitting in Mexico, so obviously not any kind of rush order. I cancelled that order. A month later it came in but it was too late.

OP
OP
S

sjeckert6297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 SO
I would think they should have been able to agree to a not-to-exceed price at the time of delivery. But I suspect they are hedging a little in case additional manufacturer discounts or incentives are announced before delivery that they can apply - to your advantage. I actually think you are setting your expectations a little low. I bought my 23 11 months ago and got about $10k off on a Limited, which afterwards was not as good as some other deals I read about. My truck was on the lot however.

But I think I would expect some agreed to, NTE price before submitting a deposit.

I am not thinking I want to get at least $5k off and will be happy with that since it is an order, but I will definitely try to get more than that off. If I do not get the $5K off I will probably just ask for my deposit back and they can sell the truck to someone else in the future. That is the great thing about buying a truck when the one I have has nothing wrong with it and I don't NEED a new truck, but I really want those new items like heated seats/steering wheel, etc...

OP
OP
S

sjeckert6297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 SO
If you mean that by special ordering a truck it makes it a priority, you would be mistaken. I ordered a 2022 in July 2022 - 6 months later it was still sitting in Mexico, so obviously not any kind of rush order. I cancelled that order. A month later it came in but it was too late.
Was that a 2500? I have been told the 2500s take about 6 months where the 1500s are 2-4 months...guess I will see...LOL

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was that a 2500? I have been told the 2500s take about 6 months where the 1500s are 2-4 months...guess I will see...LOL
It was a 1500 Tradesman. I thought I was being reasonable by waiting 120 days/3 months. Six months or more is completely unsatisfactory.

When I eventually ordered my 2500, I told them I would again wait 3 months and if it wasn't in I was going to cancel that order, too. It was at the dealership in two months.

I understand the the dealership has no control over when the manufacturer ships vehicles, but if enough customers cancel orders after a reasonable period of time, and the dealerships have to eat it on a sale, the dealerships are going to start bagging on the manufacturer to get their sht together.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
See how much Granger is selling for. 5k off seems low to me. Lots are absolutely full and Stellantis is losing money. I got 14k off my 23 big horn which MSRP was 62k and this was back when the lots were not as full as they are.

rammus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO
Definitely push for more than $5k off. Lots are full right now.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
So I just ordered my 2025 DoubleCab Big Horn this past weekend. When I ordered it the dealer said we will discuss final pricing and what rebates are available when it comes in.

Yeah, no. Set a price when you order or don't order. Rebates can change, but the only reason to not give you a price is to get you emotionally hooked and charge more.

There's enough good dealers out there I wouldn't bother to play games.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Dennis Dillon in Idaho is usually a pretty good measuring stick for what is going on in the market as they are historically a very high volume, deep discount, bottom line price dealership. They are currently offering between 9-10K off MSRP. I haven't really looked into them recently but in the past I know you could order from them and get the same discount. Of course, Idaho is a long ways from Pennsylvania but this is at least a negotiating point with your dealer.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you sign paperwork with the MSRP price on it? If so the only thing you are likely to get is manufacturers rebates at that point. I highly doubt you are going to get anywhere near $5k off, probably $1-2K at best. Dealer has you locked in to msrp so that isn't going to budge. Should have negotiated that up front, they got you now

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Your dealer is playing games with you. I special ordered my last 2500 in Mar 30, 2021. I got the price quote, to the penny, including all fees, taxes and all rebates that were in place at the time of ordering. I put a $5000 deposit to bind the deal. It took almost 5 months for the pickup to be built and arrive in early Aug 2021. All rebates were no longer in place, but the dealer honoured the price and the pricing code when it was ordered from ram, showed the rebates locked in on a sold vehicle. MSRP was $83,778 plus fees and 5% GST. I paid $69,440, all in. (GST was $3,304, Fees were $120. These are Canadian prices which tend to be higher than U.S.)

This was also the case for the vehicle I ordered a year earlier. There is no chance I would order a vehicle without having nailed down the exact price delivered.