PW stalling at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've got a 2019 and twice in the last 3 months it has stalled at idle. any suggestions here? i was going to look at the spark plugs and clean the throttle body. truck has 55k miles and is serviced religiously. It happened the first time after a Baja surf trip where you buy gas on the roadside and its a little dirty (you never know what they cut it with). I did use several fuel injector cleaners over the next 2 weeks after that trip though

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would get a pressure gauge on the fuel rail. Both running and idle psi. My suspicion is a weak fuel pump but either way that should tell you if it's fuel related.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would post this in the general forum also as you will probably get more comments. This isn't anything specific to a PW.

Do you get any engine codes/check engine light when this happens?

OP
OP
hbleconey

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I would post this in the general forum also as you will probably get more comments. This isn't anything specific to a PW.

Do you get any engine codes/check engine light when this happens?
no engine codes, just a stall as it idles a little low

OP
OP
hbleconey

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
probably the fuel pump...just tried to drive it around the corner and it kept stalling out