Random Car Picture Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well that and the V flags emblems. 68 if it was a SS car got the SS emblems and the Camaro script was different in 68 than 67. Lots of subtle changes that most people miss.
That v-flag emblem wasn't a factory GM emblem,that was a Dana emblem.The easiest way to tell a 67 and 68 apart,are the doors,the 67's had vent windows,the 68's didn't they used a 1 piece side glass.My old 68 with a pile of body mods,like filled in marker lights,lol.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-6.jpg
    ScannedImage-6.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 6

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I've had a few 302's including a fairly healthy built one,and i never really considered them to be a tire burner engine especially in a 4400+lb truck,lol.You guys sure you're remembering right,lol
Everything's a tire burner with a 3 on the tree...LOL- but yes it moved out.
I have no idea what the rear gear ratio was but it would do 70mph in 2nd and slap it down into 3rd and it would just walk away from my brother in laws C10 with the venerable 350...
He would get so pissed...
In fact it was kind of it's downfall as I ended up sliding off a corner and rolling down an embankment and that pretty much ended that one's life...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That v-flag emblem wasn't a factory GM emblem,that was a Dana emblem.The easiest way to tell a 67 and 68 apart,are the doors,the 67's had vent windows,the 68's didn't they used a 1 piece side glass.My old 68 with a pile of body mods,like filled in marker lights,lol.
Every 67 that I have seen that is correctly restored has the V flag. Including my 1 respray SS 350 67 that I redid back in 08-11. It didn't matter if it was a 6 cylinder or a 396 car. They all had them. 68 they did not.

Your car was freaking cool back in the day. That was before everyone else was doing that stuff lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Every 67 that I have seen that is correctly restored has the V flag. Including my 1 respray SS 350 67 that I redid back in 08-11. It didn't matter if it was a 6 cylinder or a 396 car. They all had them. 68 they did not.

Your car was freaking cool back in the day. That was before everyone else was doing that stuff lol.
Seeing as how only the Copo Camaro's ever had a factory 427,that's a Dana emblem,plus it's totally differant then a GM 396 flag emblem the Camaro's had.It doesn't even match the 427 emblem the Vette's or Chevelles had. I'm not saying GM didn't have a crossed flags emblem,they did,but they didn't have that style of crossed flags emblem.Look at it close,where have you seen that style of 427 emblem other then on a Dana car,the Nickey and Motion cars also used a differant fender emblem from that one

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Seeing as how only the Copo Camaro's ever had a factory 427,that's a Dana emblem,plus it's totally differant then a GM 396 flag emblem the Camaro's had.It doesn't even match the 427 emblem the Vette's or Chevelles had. I'm not saying GM didn't have a crossed flags emblem,they did,but they didn't have that style of crossed flags emblem.Look at it close,where have you seen that style of 427 emblem other then on a Dana car,the Nickey and Motion cars also used a differant fender emblem from that one

Yes you are correct. I know that in 67 Nickey was like the emblem I have on my fender. 68 went to the emblem that I have on the dash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-07-24 at 6.38.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-07-24 at 6.38.38 AM.png
    772.8 KB · Views: 6

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It was built to pick-up girls,and that it did,lol.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 4
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ScannedImage-5.jpg
    ScannedImage-5.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 4

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

What? Dodge Hellcat Powered 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo!​

Who needs to LS-swap when you can shove an 829-hp supercharged Hellcat mill into your Chevy project!
Steven RuppWriterMatt LankfordPhotographerJul 25, 2024

001 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

In a world where LS engine swaps seem to be everywhere, it’s nice to see hot rodders try to venture down the path least traveled. After all, if you were to LS-swap an ’80s G-body, you’d be just another sheep in the herd. But what if you had an idea to do something different, to step out of the herd and blaze your own trail to hot rodding glory? Well, then you might be driving there in this Dodge Hellcat-swapped 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo!

002 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

The Hellcat Monte you see here was built by Jeff Schwartz at Schwartz Performance in Harvard, Illinois. As Schwartz told us, “The owner lives in Washington state and has a couple of Hellcat-powered vehicles including a modified Track Hawk, a Challenger, and such. He’s also absolutely in love with the Monte Carlo SS G-body and has a few of them in his garage. Given this, we thought it would be cool to put the engine he loves into a body style he loves! A bonus is that the G-body Monte is much lighter than his other OEM Hellcat-powered vehicles.”
003 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

The starting point for the build was one of Schwartz’s G-machine chassis, which can easily accommodate any engine from the typical LS to a larger V-10 Viper mill. Once the appropriate motor mounts were welded in place, the Schwartz team could fabricate a custom set of headers along with a full 3-inch exhaust system. The chassis itself features Schwartz needle-bearing A-arms, tubular splined sway bars with billet arms, a Flaming River 12:1 rack, and Ridetech single-adjustable coilovers. In the rear there’s a full-floater Moser housing with a Currie aluminum third-member, beefy 35-spline floating axles, along with a TruTrac posi and 3:70 gears. The manual braking system was built around a 14-inch Baer Pro-Plus disc brake system.

004 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

Mopars are large, and their drivetrains are large, as well. This meant the biggest challenge was fitting all these large parts into the dimensionally challenged Monte Carlo G-body. “It was a big challenge trying to fit the giant Mopar seats into the car along with the massive eight-speed transmission,” Schwartz said. “We basically fabricated everything from the bottom of the windshield all the way to the trunk from scratch including the firewall, trans tunnel, and floors. Also, the giant 20x10-inch front and 22x13-inch Bonspeed wheels, with Pirelli tires (sourced from a Lamborghini), were so tall, we had to fabricate new front inner fenders and very large radius mini tubs.” Once the fabrication was done and the bodywork perfect, the Hellcat Monte was shot in-house by painter Eric Curtis. The graphics were also painted on, and unique emblems were made for the car based on the GM OE design, but with a twist.
005 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

Find a car near you
As for the engine, it’s not even close to being a stock crate mill. The Hellcat features CNC-ported heads, ported blower, custom-grind blower cam, custom pulleys, 1,200cc fuel injectors, a Hotwire harness, Mopar ECU, and an E85 tune that puts 829 hp and 775 lb-ft of torque to the rear tires! Backing up the worked over Hellcat is a Mopar HHP90 eight-speed automatic transmission with a Sound German standalone controller that allowed the team to use the OEM Challenger shifter. Supplying fuel is left to a custom stainless-steel gas tank fitted with twin 525 LPH pumps.
006 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

Nestled in the dash there’s a Holley EFI 12.3-inch Pro Dash to track the Monte’s vitals along with a slick central screen to wrangle iPhone and car functions.

007 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance SSRT Challenger seats
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

The custom interior features modified seats from a modern Challenger with custom SSRT logos, black leather, black suede, and red stitching. For tunes there’s a Pioneer double-DIN head unit along with some rather large amps and a subwoofer system integrated into the trunk space. For cruising comfort there’s also a complete Vintage Air system. It’s a crazy mix of modern Mopar along with that vintage ’80s GM vibe, and it just works.
008 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo g Body Dodge Hellcat Swap Schwartz Performance
SEE ALL 78 PHOTOS

Put it all together, and you get a hot rod that stands out from the crowd because it wasn’t afraid to roll the dice and try something different. It’s a mix of ’80s GM and Modern Mopar muscle that seamlessly blends the two into a car that’s more than just the sum of its parts. And let’s just say the SSRT Monte is stupid fast as a very nice bonus. Will this slow down the “LS-swap the world” trend? Maybe not, but it should show some hot rodders out there that there’s more than one way to stuff modern performance into your classic ride.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a big fan of the 80's Monte Carlos but that one is done to the extreme. Very clean and done right. I bet it is a blast to drive. Love the SSRT badging.

A buddy of my wifes has a mid 80's Monte that he has gone next level on too. Should be on the road this summer I would think. Last time I saw it he was getting pretty close.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I had a 79 Gran Prix that i dropped a cammed HO 400 into back in the mid 80's. I lifted the car a couple inches by swapping in the longer spindles and springs from a Cadillac. Car was differant from the lowered cars running around,and was alot of fun with the 400,and it got alot of comments about being a couple inches up in the air.