Rear air suspension button stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Recently purchased a '16 1500 with air suspension. Since the day I got the ride was like Cadillac. But the two lights on height adj button on dash have always been on. Now the rear end is like it's welded to the axle. I bought an obm and tests say the button is stuck. So now I know it's a tangable issue.
I guess I'll r&r the dashboard button, but any other advice or thoughts you'd like to share with me?

Attachments

• 20240719_111145.jpg
    20240719_111145.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240725-122956.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725-122956.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
I found a guy with similar issues as I have. He said he pulled the F50 fuse so the truck wouldn't raise & lower. I did it and he is correct. However, my bags are full and won't release any pressure, so the ride borders on unbearable.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
I found this thread on another site and followed his steps to the T. I pulled my dash so I could see the assembly thats giving me all this grief, took 2 pictures. Pulled 3 fuses and checked, all ok. I took the relay out to test it but I guess I didnt choose the correct setting on the multimeter. So Ill swing by an auto parts store for a test and possible purchase. But the OBD says my raise & lower buttons are stuck.
One step at a time.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Rear end still on bumpstops, relay was tested fine. Air suspension adj buttons still "stuck" on. But the OBD gives me c15d9-00 Low Air Mass code.
Any advice or recommendations?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally I would quit wasting time and money on that right now, buy new struts, rear coils and coil isolators and delete that garbage system.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Thank you. Seriously considering that. I really don't like technology.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Anyone do a swap like this that could offer info and/or links to parts?

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I deleted the air suspension in my 17 Laramie about two years ago. I used a Bilstein kit from airdelete.com. You could probably source all the parts you need at a bit cheaper price, but I liked that everything came together in one shipment and the owner Brendan is very helpful. All said, it probably took me about 4-5 hours for the install and that was taking my time. I battled various issues with the air suspension for a year or so and came out in the morning to find the truck on the bump stops numerous times. I really did like the air suspension, but it just wasn't worth dealing with the constant issues. The ride definitely isn't as plush as it was with air suspension, but it's a relief knowing I won't have to deal with coming outside to a lowrider on a cold morning.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
Anyone have a diagram of the rear air suspension set up. Im considering attaching two new lines directly to an air intake splitter and run them to the air suspension.

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
These two lights have been on since I bought the truck. Are they supposed to stay illuminated? Ive replaced that button assembly, disconnected the battery for hours, and have reset the air suspension countless numerous times.
Since the assembly doesnt leak air, IM leaning towards this being an electrical short somewhere. So, now my thoughts are to delete the suspension with the ODM and power the compressor & direct the air manually via mechanical control. Schrader valve mounted in back by tanks. Probably put an air dryer inline from a semi. Then I dont need to worry about nitrogen.
Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• dash lights.jpg
    dash lights.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
I havent given up yet.
In my research Ive come across some very interesting sites. Below is a TSB site. It claims the 1500s are the biggest POS of all the rams. So, we have that trophy...

OP
OP
A child of God
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L ecodiesel v6
This is the results from having an auto store scan my truck today.
Ive already purchased the thermostat and will put it in soon.

My thoughts are:
since I dont have an air leak and the suspension buttons are constantly active, Im thinking all these "lost communications" are my suspension gremlins.
Im still considering separating the air ride controls completely from the brain. I have an appt to be diagnosed on 18 Sept.

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ram dash codes.jpeg
    ram dash codes.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2