Removing air suspension assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmart1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
High outout diesel
I've been researching the air suspension issue. We are having the same problem and would love to remove the factory system and replace with regular air bags. (Used them on our Ford trucks and worked great). Anyone remove the factory suspension? Should we go to a Dodge dealer to get them removed?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I've been researching the air suspension issue. We are having the same problem and would love to remove the factory system and replace with regular air bags. (Used them on our Ford trucks and worked great). Anyone remove the factory suspension? Should we go to a Dodge dealer to get them removed?
Well howdy there @Jmart1776 , you just got through private messaging me (aka RooBee) from our rv fb group, hope this forum can assist you more then i did. :favorites37:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just Google for ram air suspension delete kit. Bunch of companies out there. Many include use of a programmer keep the “air suspension needs service” code from appearing.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don’t mind diy you can save a lot of money doing it yourself. All you need is front struts, rear coils and rear coil isolators. And alpha obd to disable the warnings you’ll get once removed.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
You should list your vehicle that you are referring to.
If it's the 3500HD, trucks with rear only factory airbags do not have major issues.
The 1500 trucks with full airride on the other hand have.
The 2 posts above mine have nothing to do with a 3500HD rear airbags. They are talking about the 1500s.
If this is on a 2024 new H.O. I'd get it repaired under warranty. Or atleast post the codes and see if folks can walk you through it. One of my 2018 has 158k miles and have never had a single issue with the rear airbag system.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My 2500 has the rear only air bag system. So far no issues as of yet with this, but I will admit I store my truck in the winter. Seems as if mpst issues stem from cold weather operation.