Stellantis Profits Crash In 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
After 50 years of racing everything from motocross bikes/snowmobiles and vehicles it's time to retire i think,lol. Both the wife and i aren't in as good shape as we were a couple years ago,and she was basically forced out when she shattered her right leg,and with-out her at the track,it wasn't as much fun,so it's time to step back from things. If things change in a year or two in regards to our health,we might get back into it again.To tell you the truth,i'm kind of glad both are sold,as i'm not under any pressure to have them at the track on a weekly basis. My local track is 155 miles from my driveway to the entrance gates,and i'm getting to old to enjoy getting home at 2:00 am anymore,lol
A gal in her early 50's has been after my truck for several years,and when she agreed to my price i told her she could come get it,lol Same with the 1320,a young guy seen it at the Hemi shoot-out last summer,and has been after me to sell it to him since.

So you don't own a ram anymore then? That's too bad. I hope you'll stick around the forum and dispense your words of wisdom as in the past :)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When standard search engines fail, perhaps try Yandex.

Stuff Google, Duck Duck and others whitewash (censor) show on Yandex.

YMMV. :cool:

Nope, I've tested Duck Duck Go and it doesn't censor or manipulate the results like Google or Bing.

I'm a big proponent of avoiding all things Google and any site or service that manipulates results to support hidden agendas.

Or any site or service that harvests personal data. I am fully aware of the coming of AI and the power it represents to process and monetize our personal information.

If someone doesn't care about their personal information being collected and the potential threat involved, please speak to an educated nerd or someone who can help you appreciate the magnitude of this threat.

My personal computers and cell phone are all locked up tight for this very reason.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I will not use anything that mentions BING

Bing search engine will only list businesses that have paid to have their businesses mentioned.

As a For Instance :

A family that was traveling had a SERIOUS thing happen to one of the members, they needed a Doctor immediately.

They did a search for a Doctor & they were close to a Town or Village, their device used the Bing Search & it listed a Doctor that was several miles away.

The TRUTH was that there was a competent Doctor close by their location.
That Doctor was not a paying customer of BING

When it comes the Medical facilities & Law Enforcement,
they should not be Unlisted, for any reason

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm like the flu,tough to get rid of :Big Laugh:
Don't worry I sold mine too. It didn't go far as I walk outside every morning and look across the street and see it. Neighbors kid is about to get married and was really wanting one like my truck, but could only find junk in his price range. 30k... They were bad. I wasn't driving it as much so I sold it to him for what I needed to buy a hot rod. He paid me cash and has been loving it ever since. All it takes is just taking care of them. The original driver window switch finally kicked it, but 12 years it made it. Thats been about the only thing that has gone wrong with it. Like I have said before. I really think once Stellantis took over the problems started.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Tavares said the company needs to improve communicating available incentives so customers focus less on the MSRP and more on the actual purchase price. In the U.S., the average Stellantis transaction price is $57,666, while the industry average is $48,389.

- https://www.thedrive.com/news/ram-1...ng-too-many-broken-trucks-stellantis-ceo-says

and an interesting comment (cut and paste, but formatted to make it easier to read here):

I work at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant and take pride in the vehicle we build. Tavares is full of BS and I'm tired of hearing his nonsense. The large majority of repairs is caused first, by poorly engineered parts (mostly modules) that don't work, and second, because of parts shortages. This was not an issue until we started building 2024's last year. That's when the repairs started building up. To the point they had to be towed to a different storage lot.

That has never happened before in the time I have worked here. Of course they didn't stop and fix the problems then. They just hammered out trucks that need to be fixed. Tavares wants to send engineering jobs to other countries, well this is what you're going to get. He wants to blame the people who actually build the vehicle for the problems they created. The UAW employees here do a job. We do the job the way we are trained and we do it well. It's not our fault but it's always blamed on us workers.

Tavares just wants to squeeze what he can out of the former FCA (and it seems like especially Chrysler Group) and then toss us aside when there is no more to get from us. I'm sure the investors love this guy but he's the Devil. Wish he would have left us alone. It was much better then.

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This mess started a while ago. A quick search of Autotrader shows 342 - 2022, and 982 - 2023 NEW Ram pickups still for sale within a 100 mile radius of me. I live in western NC, not a major metropolitan area.

Last edited:

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hello, I don't get on here much anymore but thought I'd throw my .02 on here not that it matters to many on here. I stuck with Mopar my whole life since I started driving in 1976. I stuck with them after they quit making a 2 door V-8 I think in 1985 till 2008. I went to their pickup trucks so I could have a V-8 powered 2 door. I've had a hard time sticking with them since in 2010 they started calling their trucks "Ram" and not Dodge. My 2012 "Ram" has "Dodge" on my window sticker, build sheet and in the center of my dash so that helped me some. After 2012 the name "Dodge" is gone all together so they took that from me. Now they've taken the V-8 from me (It doesn't have to be a Hemi) completely so after 50 year's of having nothing but Mopar I am now a man without a brand in 2025! Nothing any other brand and I mean all of them has never had anything that has interested me in the least. Luckily at my age I should be able to finish out my life with something "Mopar". Good luck to all of you in what you have to choose from, especially the one's of you that was a dedicated MOPAR fan.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Getting old and worn out ,to wear you can’t do what you’ve always done sucks bad. I have several issues that prevent me from living like I once did, I think the mental aspect is the worst .

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Local Ford dealer near me still has brand new 2022 F350s on the lot. Still won’t budge off MSRP. Very frustrating for a friend who is a salesman there.
All mfgs are getting a huge reality check that we are sick of their poor quality and high prices.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have to buy a vehicle with a bed
It has to be comfortable for driving for 10 hours
It can NOT be longer than Ram's current Quad Cab
it must have Navigation
I have looked at many newer Instrument Clusters & i think that many of them are way to big & distracting.
example: 12" cluster is too big & it seems like the Vehicle Engineers think that they are building Game Consoles
1722204782139.png

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
After all the hype in Dallas at the journalists truck intro early spring I decided to trade off my 2015 RAM Laramie. I waited and waited as there was a missing component or some other problem holding up the Group A for the '25 Limiteds. No communication from Stellantis, dealers knew nothing and then finally and recently Group A was available. Then the reports of the SO engine throwing CELs that dealers couldn't fix. Maybe its just the SO not the HO. Finally I could order the Limited and got a good quote, but wait, I would have to wait another 3 or 4 months from now for delivery. Then articles about Taverse finally recognizing QA issues at SHAP. Even the website for builds did not fully work most of the time. Enough . . . . .

I'd had it and found a '24 GMC Denali 1500, 6.2 and after 2 weeks very happy with it. Yes, I miss the ram boxes but the ride and tech isn't bad and the 6.2 is more than I had with the 5.7. I know, they all have their issues and recalls. Happy now but plan to look at RAM again in 2 years. Who knows, may come back to the fold.

jimmyfjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Cylinder deactivation, cam failures, and E-Torque, I believe, have put a big hurt in sales.

The huge price increases, poor quality, and lack of warranty support, have just added fuel to the fire.

Then, you have the loonies in charge pushing E this and E that, costing the car companies billions of dollars, resulting in nothing but the ruination of the auto manufacturers, which was the main goal all along,

We are supposed to live in controlled, self-sustainable communities where all the needs "they" think we need are met, leaving an almost zero "carbon footprint".

This was laid out in UN Agenda 21 well over 20 years ago. I read it back then, but try finding that text today. It's all been whitewashed into a fairy tale sounding wonderful life.

I'm just an old pion whose thoughts don't matter, so I just have to make the best of how things are and live out the rest of my days.

Things sure aren't the way I grew up. Some things are much better, and needed to be corrected. I don't see smoke stacks from factories spewing jet black smoke like I used to. People aren't throwing their trash in gullies and fields in order to fill them in.

Motor oil isn't spread onto dirt roads to keep dust down, though that really did a great job of dust control if you lived on a dirt road like I did.

Some things needed changing, but things have gotten out of control in order to empower a few.

Rant over. Maybe I shouldn't post right after having a migraine....
You are 100% correct in all you stated. Except the smoke stacks. go to china and look at the crap they spew will making everything we purchase in this country. i also remember the good days before all this a21 started being pushed.

Big3MG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Doing an oil change on any vehicle at 9k miles is begging for engine failure (lifters mainly). 5k max. Oil gets dirty from engine operation regardless of how expensive the oil is. There are so many YouTube videos of engine takedowns showing failures caused by the 7-10k oil mileage intervals. Engines full of sludge clogging variable valve timing gear function and clogging timing phasers. Nuts how people will save a few bucks then complain when they have to replace a $7k engine at 80-100k miles.

Digi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing will always be a reason they never want to admit, cost. The cost to purchase a new vehicle for each of those brands are just crazy. Most everyone I know, family and friends, never buy new and haven't in decades, just not worth it when you compare what you can get 5+ years earlier model.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
One thing will always be a reason they never want to admit, cost. The cost to purchase a new vehicle for each of those brands are just crazy. Most everyone I know, family and friends, never buy new and haven't in decades, just not worth it when you compare what you can get 5+ years earlier model.
You're right about that as far as my experience. I bought 2 new vehicles in my life. I hate to say never will buy new again because it always bites me in the booty but since those 2 I have always bought my vehicles when they were a year old and probably used as rental vehicles with low 30,000 miles on them. I have saved a minimum of $10,000 doing so and they are still like new to me. Bought a '95 Chrysler LHS in '96 for my wife and drove it for 14 years and 265,000 miles before I got rid of it. Her current vehicle which is a '14 Dodge Durango we bought 1 year old with low 30,000 miles and saved $12,000 off what they cost new. She doesn't drive as much as she use too but we still think of it as a new vehicle with only 95,000 miles.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricohz