Suspention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram classic
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone know of some quailty rear coils to help with sag when theres a load in the bed. Also wondering if people have had luck installing spring packs in the rear maybe a 2 leaf pack for added support..
Would it be as simple as making hangers sqaure and mounting to frame or is there a reason they dont put leafs in the halftons

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You are probably overloading your truck, the sag is most likely telling you to not do that. Changing out springs won't fix your problem but just mask it and possibly create new ones. Your truck is designed to carry a maximum weight, look inside front door jamb at payload capacity, this is the maximum weight including people, after market accessories like running boards and bed covers, gear you normally have in truck, stuff in the bed, and weight transferred to hitch from trailer. When fully loaded go to a scale and get your front and rear axle weight, imagine you will find you are over your GVWR (also on door sticker).

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know of some quailty rear coils to help with sag when theres a load in the bed. Also wondering if people have had luck installing spring packs in the rear maybe a 2 leaf pack for added support..
Would it be as simple as making hangers sqaure and mounting to frame or is there a reason they dont put leafs in the halftons
I have these in my rear springs helps alot when im towing my car trailer and boat.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you decide to do the in spring airbags,run them as 2 seperate bags,if you T them together,when you go into a corner,and the truck leans over slightly,the air from the outside bag,will transfer over to the inside bag,compounding the lean. I ran my fittings to my licence plate bolts,but i've seen them mounted to the hitch receiver,and inside the gas door.

Attachments

• IMG_1919.JPG
    IMG_1919.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 8

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How about towing a landscape trailer? 1500's have poor payload capabilities, you can put 2 to 3 times more in a 2500 as the frame is built for it.

They don't put leafs in half tons because 4 gen 1500's were build for comfort and not stiffness. It was quite the upgrade for comfort the coil back rear springs Mopar invented. You test drove a Ford versus a ram, you would go away with the feeling man those rams drive great starting 2009.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think we are rated for 1600, maybe more with later years, I religiously load 2k pounds, and I can safely say I wouldn't go any heavier, and that is with one passenger.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How about towing a landscape trailer? 1500's have poor payload capabilities, you can put 2 to 3 times more in a 2500 as the frame is built for it.

They don't put leafs in half tons because 4 gen 1500's were build for comfort and not stiffness. It was quite the upgrade for comfort the coil back rear springs Mopar invented. You test drove a Ford versus a ram, you would go away with the feeling man those rams drive great starting 2009.
GM was the first to use a coil spring in their trucks from 67 to 72 Mike.They used a trailing arm to locate the diff,while Ram used a 4 link set-up.The Nascar guys used the early GM trucks suspension in the late 60's/early 70's.Then they went back to leaf springs in 73 when they introduced the square body trucks

"The majority of 10 and 20 series Chevrolet trucks from 1967 to 1972 were built with a coil spring trailing arm rear suspension, which greatly improved the ride over traditional leaf springs.Jun 1, 2021"

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
GM was the first to use a coil spring in their trucks from 67 to 72 Mike.They used a trailing arm to locate the diff,while Ram used a 4 link set-up.The Nascar guys used the early GM trucks suspension in the late 60's/early 70's.Then they went back to leaf springs in 73 when they introduced the square body trucks

"The majority of 10 and 20 series Chevrolet trucks from 1967 to 1972 were built with a coil spring trailing arm rear suspension, which greatly improved the ride over traditional leaf springs.Jun 1, 2021"
well chiet, 1972 my bad :) So ram brought it back, and in early years ram forum we were all "aglow" on how these trucks drive. I was 6 in 1972 and all I cared about was kissing girls and riding bikes.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
They even had a bolt-on 1/2 leaf spring that was used as an overload spring.It bolted to the frame rail behind the diff,and was basically a cut down leaf spring,that contacted the pad on the rear of the trailing arm.I only ever seen it on the 20 series trucks,but it was an available option through the dealers for the 10 series trucks too.