Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,004 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 667 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AMSOIL SS 0W-40 is really good.

Mobil 1 FS 0W-40

Castrol EDGE Euro 0W-40 - hard to find, but they reformulated it with Moly and Magnesium.

Quaker State Euro 5W-40 - this one is the same oil as Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 - the very same oil that Ferrari uses as factory fill. Shell sells their excess production in Quaker State Euro and Pennzoil Platinum Euro bottles.
I ran Edge for years in my ram. It was an excellent oil. I always had great oil pressure and it was super quiet even when not using biotech.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is timing gonna tank stellantis? Top 5 EV trucks in order, Ford Lightening, Rivian, Chevy, Tesla, and Hummer - LIST. Ram not even there as they don't have anything for the market. And the real bad news is Ford is number 1 but yet they lose 100k per truck from the number one position. And considering where ram chose to go with it's EV platform, embarrassing gen z wish lists and no consideration to cost, will this tank the entire stellantis co? New ram EV 60-90k estimate.

I guess a better question is truck ev's gonna tank all non EV brands such as Ford, Chevy and ram? Is not Toyota the smartest vehicle maker on this planet? No truck ev, lol. Hybrid only. Same as Nissan. Did Toyota and Nissan somehow pull the okey dokey of the ages and smoke the USA car makers by cleverly not making EV trucks will USA went balls out into EV?

Does anyone think this is actually gonna work? Countdown to auto bail out number two?

If I ran an auto manufacturer, I wouldn't be putting an EV on the market at all. Money losers to no end. Just pay any government fines for not doing so, and still come out ahead.

Reasons:

EVs cost too much to make
People can't afford them

Battery materials not available for the amount of EVs to be made

The amount of copper needed for EVs and chargers is more than has been mined so far in the history of earth

Not enough chargers

If there was enough chargers, not enough electricity, and no way to get enough any time soon, if ever

When EVs catch fire, you can't put the fire out

Car insurance will go through the roof when EVs are adopted due to the huge cost to repair/replace

EVs are a rouse to get us out of our petro vehicles, and into the UN Agenda 21 communities, where we will reside our whole lives, totally controlled

Flame Away....

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
If I ran an auto manufacturer, I wouldn't be putting an EV on the market at all. Money losers to no end. Just pay any government fines for not doing so, and still come out ahead.

Reasons:

People can't afford them

The amount of copper needed for EVs and chargers is more than has been mined so far in the history of earth

Not enough chargers

If there was enough chargers, not enough electricity, and no way to get enough any time soon, if ever

Car insurance will go through the roof when EVs are adopted due to the huge cost to repair/replace

EVs are a rouse to get us out of our petro vehicles, and into the UN Agenda 21 communities, where we will reside our whole lives, totally controlled

Flame Away....

I recently had conversation with an retired GM Environmental Engineer about the EV and how the process of making the batteries is an "extremely dirty process" and isn't mentioned by the P........ Elites and "tree huggers" that are pushing the EV mandate.

It's not difficult to know why.

If "they" want everyone to accept the EV as the new means of way to get around or travel, let it be an choice/option/decision that the individual can make and maybe, more folks will "buy" into the idea?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Reasons:

People can't afford them

Not enough chargers

Flame Away....
They are building a tesla super charger station right across the street from wait for it..... another tesla super charger station, lol. This for a town 60k people, and the original super chargers station is huge and I have never seen it impacted. In fact another hardware store has EV charging as well, they actually get better parking then handicap, no joke. 3 EV stations within a mile, meanwhile nobody is getting this in rural anywhere. Whatever ev's are gonna be sold, it's gonna be city and suburbia thing.

Curmudgeon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently had conversation with an retired GM Environmental Engineer about the EV and how the process of making the batteries is an "extremely dirty process" and isn't mentioned by the P........ Elites and "tree huggers" that are pushing the EV mandate.

It's not difficult to know why.

If "they" want everyone to accept the EV as the new means of way to get around or travel, let it be an choice/option/decision that the individual can make and maybe, more folks will "buy" into the idea?

"If a man can write a better book or preach a better sermon or make a better mousetrap than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1871

Truth be told, truly great works and ideas do not require the force of government for implementation.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
"If a man can write a better book or preach a better sermon or make a better mousetrap than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1871

Truth be told, truly great works and ideas do not require the force of government for implementation.

It was easy for Uncle Waldo to make an assessment such as that during his life time, but a mouse trap is still an mouse trap and at the current moment, there is still the option if someone would want one and not because they were told to own one, lol.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't get my hands on RL 5W30 so been thinking on what to swap to between PUP, Royal Purple or Mobil1 (maybe Amsoil?)

2017 RT
80k mileage
Texas coast so hot humid summer temps
No current tick
I know some people have gotten burned from them but eliteracefab.com has it now. They were sold out for awhile. Or at least they were a month or so ago when I looked. $12.66 a quart. I ordered 10 quarts and a gallon of c+ atf to get me above there $160 or whatever it takes for free shipping. Yes I'm a cheapass like that. I've placed 2 orders with them previously and have received both orders without problems.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I already got refunded for the redline 5w30 I just ordered email and bank account confirmed (refunded). I called eliteracefab.com and apparently someone entered in that they had it in stock when they don't. Since redline is moving he said they haven't received any in awhile. The guy said they have a bunch on order from redline and hopefully they will see some July 6th. So I guess I got a gallon of c+ for $52.69 on this order. I'll be checking back on the 6th to see if they have any. I don't need it any time soon but it's always good to have on hand.

Tony Donato

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Very well said.

I love this forum!

Well I already got refunded for the redline 5w30 I just ordered email and bank account confirmed (refunded). I called eliteracefab.com and apparently someone entered in that they had it in stock when they don't. Since redline is moving he said they haven't received any in awhile. The guy said they have a bunch on order from redline and hopefully they will see some July 6th. So I guess I got a gallon of c+ for $52.69 on this order. I'll be checking back on the 6th to see if they have any. I don't need it any time soon but it's always good to have on hand.
One of the best options until you can get a hold of Red Line 5W-30 is the Castrol EDGE Euro 0W-40. It's even approved for the EcoDiesel 3.0 and SRT applications.

Amazon has it back in stock for a reasonable price now, click here.

1719529821181.jpeg 1719529918095.jpeg

New Specs for this oil:
  • ACEA A3/B4
  • API SP
  • BMW Longlife-01
  • MB-Approval 229.5
  • Porsche A40
  • Renault RN0700 / RN0710VW 502 00/ 505 00
  • Meets Ford WSS-M2C937-A
  • Suitable for use in the following specifications: MB 229.3, Chrysler MS-12633 / MS-A0921
This oil being Porsche A40 approved means that it doesn't foam, at all. The Porsche A40 approval does not allow for any foaming.

Here is a VOA for the Castrol EDGE Euro 0W-40:

1719531222137.png

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For the few of us running HPL; they're having a 4th of July sale, 25% off automatically applied when purchased on the 3rd or 4th, orders will ship out on the 8th due to limited staff.

Time to stock up!

Last edited: