The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My lil electric bill on my modest place has gone up 48% since Feb 2021, not including the hidden charge on bills PPL do not look for "paying" for the over alleged 8 Billion dollar surcharge on the energy "purchased" during the Feb 2021 storm that shut down most of the state.

YUP, ERCOT always screaming in summer to conserve, than in winter to conserve, but yet all we hear is State good, ok, I believe U, lol.

ADDED: EV: I got a battery op blower, weed eater and trimmer. I'll keep my ICE RAM, lol.

CAVEAT: I got a problem, @GTyankee, parking my ride in some lot to take Public Trans to work while some other "person" moves it, etc etc, yeah that not work for me either.
My electric bill legit has an "EV upcharge" on it. Why should I pay to charge other people's power wheels?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My electric bill legit has an "EV upcharge" on it. Why should I pay to charge other people's power wheels?
Dat sounds like a State or PUC thing there. I have read, of other states and maybe even TX considering an upscale charge on yearly Registrations like a road tax use to supplement the lost money made from fuel taxes not being generated. YUP, my poor lil Bighorn stay in the driveway forever.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh it is lol MA is something special for sure
OH NO, this is TX, EVERYTHING bigger, including the stuff that comes out of the South end of a North Bound Hossie, Bull, Cow, etc, LOL.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
EVs are an evolving technology. Not a hoax and not an artifact of the World Economic Forum.
You don't have to like em.
Maybe the evolution of the technology should be a little more refined. Horse drawn buggy was not forcably replaced by the automobile or mandated that citizens can't buy horses and buggies by x date because "technology" is moving forward like is happening today. None of it makes any sense. Like it or not if people are forced to do something as a whole that they don't want they will ban together and end it. Weather it be like a civil war over slavery or in general governments control over us, when enough is enough you have a side to choose. But I for one will not be puhisned with EVs and for what large industries are doing to our planet.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
EVs are an evolving technology. Not a hoax and not an artifact of the World Economic Forum.
You don't have to like em.
EV's arent a hoax at all, I have wanted a tesla for a long time, it makes sense for me and the wife. The hoax is that will save the climate. Consider you still burn fossil fuels to fuel ev's, consider the amount of carbon is takes to make 2k pounds batteries, consider the lifespan of ev's batteries. At best, it's a wash.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mining trucks can use 92 gallons per hour, 736 gallons of fuel in one shift. Depending on the metal you have to sift through such massive amounts of dirt just for a little metal the thought is mind bogling. Ever watch them gold mining shows? Yeah, it's like that. Just spread knowledge and truth, not follow people who say we all die in 12 years blindly. Before you turn the key on the tesla there is 5 years plus worth of fuel burnt to build the battery.

Why I want a tesla? Because after you use it up sit on it, the recycling value of tesla batteries in 20 years will be astronomical, lol.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Map that Burla Posted is false when it comes to California being short on Electricity.
The PUC is forcing PRIVATE Power Plants to shut down, they are saying that the private plants are just Polluters.
3 Years ago, they forced a privately owned Small Nuclear Power Plant to close, before the Courts told them that they had to shut down, the PUC told them what Days & Hours that they could run.
Like when the Wind was blowing hard enough that they had to use the Brakes on the Wind Turbines, they told the small private plant to shut down, until further notice, which would be when the wind slowed back down.

When we have several days of SUN, the big power companies are sending OUR Electricity to other States, we are being seduced without lube

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the lithium mining equipment, copper mining equipment, and most power plants run on fossil fuels. Just because an EV doesn't have a tail pipe doesn't mean it's not polluting.

All you're doing by running an EV is exporting your carbon footprint elsewhere.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just posted news stuff, the good news is we will find out over the next few years, the bad news is we will find out over the next few years. Regardless of what people say or post. I imagine texas thought they were in good shape as well, turns out like the map said texas is susceptible to"events". Obviously, it would be stupid to counter that point after what happened. As for CA, next cold wave or heat wave I guess we will see. I certainly hope I am wrong, but I bought two genny's in case I'm not.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Mining trucks can use 92 gallons per hour, 736 gallons of fuel in one shift. Depending on the metal you have to sift through such massive amounts of dirt just for a little metal the thought is mind bogling. Ever watch them gold mining shows? Yeah, it's like that. Just spread knowledge and truth, not follow people who say we all die in 12 years blindly. Before you turn the key on the tesla there is 5 years plus worth of fuel burnt to build the battery.

Why I want a tesla? Because after you use it up sit on it, the recycling value of tesla batteries in 20 years will be astronomical, lol.
Working in construction we were going through a 16000L fuel truck every two days building roads. The cat 775 60 ton truck I Beleive has a 6-700l tank. Working a 12 hr shift it needs to refuel at 9 hrs if you're running them hard. But that twin turbo v12 is wicked.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can see how much the rock to metal ratio of elements, as you can see battery elements you need to move a bunch of earth to extract them, similar to gold. LI is lithium and the lithium mining is a huge net loss on energy, look it up. This shouldnt be controversial, the carbon footprint on mining just ends any conversation about ev's being carbon neutral or carbon responsible?

1-s2.0-S0959652623011162-gr4.jpg

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You can see how much the rock to metal ratio of elements, as you can see battery elements you need to move a bunch of earth to extract them, similar to gold. LI is lithium and the lithium mining is a huge net loss on energy, look it up. This shouldnt be controversial, the carbon footprint on mining just ends any conversation about ev's being carbon neutral or carbon responsible?

View attachment 534655
The amount of ore we hauled was crazy 60 ton trucks hauling 30-40 loads a day x6 and I bet 8 tons were processed a day as usable. I never had actual numbers on this but it is a fractional number, bulk VS finished product.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
In actuality, the entire environmental impact (of all types) of your RAM is still less than that of a similar sized EV. Its the destruction of the environment to both make and then discard the Li battery.

And............ the power in that plug has to come from somewhere... that affects the environment.

There are solid peer-review studies that back up this statement.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Also what I said above is just a government plan to keep us at eachother. Because at the end of the day it's just a couple people In command telling millions how its going to be and if everyone agreed for the most part we'd become organized and they CAN'T have that or we'd all be thinking for ourselves and they'd instantly lose power...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Horses & Horseless Carriages was brought up.

Horses ran the Main Drag & when a Horseless Carriage came down the same street, a man with a flag walked several feet in front of it when daylight, a Light was carried at Night.
On the open road, if a Car & horse were getting close to each other, the engine had to be shut off, because you could not scare the horse & cause it to bolt. Those engines back then sounded more like a backfiring Johnny Popper

When the horses pulled loads of freight into town & it was a bit muddy, Ruts would build up in the street,
That was OK when it was still a Rustic Town, but as Ladies wearing proper dresses started moving into town as residents, THEY complained about Ruts & Manure.

That was when Wagon Freight was first moved to the side streets & Freight was delivered to the Back Doors of the businesses.

Last edited:

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Set the record straight, it is a discussion bud. Post where you think the wrong info is and where you are coming from. I'm not sure anyone is anti EV, but rather theories on where we are headed, thus the title of the thread.

Another bad part of EV's are the rebates, the reason why most EV's are being bought by companies they are the only ones who get the 8k rebate. If you are a tax payer and you get a rebate every year, you get a grand total of zero dollars of that rebate as I posted before. So EV's are for upper income people and companies, regular working joes oh yeah you can buy an EV but you will pay 8k more then your counterpart. So the poor fools are subsidizing all of these rebates just so some rich dude or company can buy it. Should it be that way?

Granted that point didnt belong, but how he is a criminal? Wouldnt that be disinformation?
The tax (your money) subsidies that make solar and EVs even remotely affordable is classical wealth redistribution where the Gov picks the winners and the losers. The current Public / Private partnerships is a deliberate shaping of the automotive (private transportation market and access) when we will all not be able to buy gas or diesel RAMs is classical Fascism, not Communism. But it is all based in Marxist fundamentals applied to control of the environmental and Climate Control agenda/cult.

What CA is currently mandating at the state level against Internal Combustion Engines and for EVs is what the rest of the USA will adopt 2026 and later.

Just look at what the "innocent" 2006 CA state laws on then "future" vehicle emissions restrictions for diesel has done to the ground transportation and shipping industry having to retrofit entire fleets of trucks.

As a previous poster (above) stated, the goal is still Build Back Better by 2030. The timeline shifted back from the original UN 2021 plan.

What is stated above is not for or against any political party. It is fact that is well documented as "the current agenda" and every key person in all of the right Federal Agencies is on video stating versions of this agenda. Pay particular attention to the Department of Transportation, but the real juice in pushing this agenda is not the Environmental Protection Agency, but is the Department of Energy. Look it up. This is all public knowledge/access.

Now be good serfs and pay your taxes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.