The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very polarizing topics in this thread. I work in automotive transportation. The free market is correcting alot of these issues. Several major auto manufacturers are already cutting EV production for 24 and upping ICE production. This along with an anticipation in changes in government will stifle the EV craze that has been pushed on to society , or at the very least delay it. Hydrogen power will be here soon !

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have my RAM when you pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.
Or something like that.
Heard/read "somewhere" a similar phrase but referring to "firearms".

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Saw a new negative on EV's - what resale do they have? About zero. Nobody want's to replace the most expensive part of those things - the battery pack.

I didn't even get wifey a hybrid - read about high repair rates with dual drive systems. Makes sense - double the powertrains.

Got an AWD GDI Turbo Mazda. Runs great, good mileage 27-40 mpg, comfy, excellent acceleration (unlike competitors with 1.5L mouse motors and CVT trans), good quality, good price. Just gotta change that oil every 5k from soot loading from the GDI rich burn mode.

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Map of states brought to the brink of available electricity.

107167180-1671135679684-2022_LTRA_Infographic.png

Thanks for posting. Lotta peeps don't know upper North Central Grid is maxed out and decrepit. They've just started to fund replacement. Takes DECADES and billions.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You can see how much the rock to metal ratio of elements, as you can see battery elements you need to move a bunch of earth to extract them, similar to gold. LI is lithium and the lithium mining is a huge net loss on energy, look it up. This shouldnt be controversial, the carbon footprint on mining just ends any conversation about ev's being carbon neutral or carbon responsible?

View attachment 534655

Geezus, Mike - where in the world do you find stuff like this?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Mining trucks can use 92 gallons per hour, 736 gallons of fuel in one shift. Depending on the metal you have to sift through such massive amounts of dirt just for a little metal the thought is mind bogling. Ever watch them gold mining shows? Yeah, it's like that. Just spread knowledge and truth, not follow people who say we all die in 12 years blindly. Before you turn the key on the tesla there is 5 years plus worth of fuel burnt to build the battery.

Why I want a tesla? Because after you use it up sit on it, the recycling value of tesla batteries in 20 years will be astronomical, lol.

Cummins QSK60 3,000 hp engines burned 110 gallons per hour @ load.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Lithium Brine taken from the ground is graded
Some of the best Brine in the world is working its way out of the ground, in California's southern most desert, almost at the Border with Mexico.
It is estimated that 40% of the Earth's Lithium is in the ground there.

There is a very large problem with Mining that Brine, it takes Water, there is no usable water in that California Desert, if there was Water, it would not be called a desert.
That means that Water will have to be Imported & they can not use Colorado River Water.

That means that water would have to come from the Gulf of California, which is quite few miles south in Mexico's Farm land

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Very polarizing topics in this thread. I work in automotive transportation. The free market is correcting alot of these issues. Several major auto manufacturers are already cutting EV production for 24 and upping ICE production. This along with an anticipation in changes in government will stifle the EV craze that has been pushed on to society , or at the very least delay it. Hydrogen power will be here soon !
I have continued to expect hydrogen to find a way to become a viable alternative. A lot of money going into development and it could also be the next thing for service stations to invest in. The economics of investing in car chargers just isn't there for the average station (from a friend who owns several). Even with 20 chargers and an EV averaging an half hour to charge, that is less than the number of cars that fill with gasoline in 15 or so minutes. A convenience store would go out of business supporting just EVs. And since the next biggest thing to do is have service bays, I can see the possibility of more negative results.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Getting hydrogen by reformers, either from methane or water still requires power - electricity. Still need extra solar and wind, same problem as EV's.
Unless there's better retail storage, that's an issue also.
They were looking into lithium metal hydrides for fuel cells when I left Cummins. Similar to fusion bomb containment.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for posting. Lotta peeps don't know upper North Central Grid is maxed out and decrepit. They've just started to fund replacement. Takes DECADES and billions.
The grid around me is the same way. Rotten poles, corroded wires, rusted transformers, etc etc. I used to see them up close in person when I worked for the cable company for 15 years. It's scary what supplies our power. That's why I have a generator and 30+ gallons of gas on hand at any given time.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats the other thing everyone thinks is going to fix the EV range problem: more chargers. While I can see that being somewhat a solution, the fact is it takes hours to charge a EV when it's low on charge. So what are we supposed to do on a road trip, plan a minimum of 12 hours for charging? More? That's if you can get to a charger that isn't being used.

Takes 5 mins to fuel my truck from 1/4 tank.

No thanks.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder if anyone has heard of this, the state of Arkansas has joined a venture W/ Exxon Mobil to open up a Lithium mine in their state, apparently their state is rich in this resource, Sarah Huckabee Sanders kicked ********* China out of there state recently, so there is a little hope with the light not being from a freight train!!!!

I think it's for battery power tools that we have allot of.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Geezus, Mike - where in the world do you find stuff like this?

The dirty web, hidden in the deep dark dirty web where the governments havent "cleaned" it yet lays what used to be established science. Science that was never a threat until it didnt fit their narratives. Science such as co2 levels have no effect on the earths temperature for billions of years despite being over ten times the co2 levels of today, in fact closer to 20 times the co2 levels of today, not 20% more but 2,000% more. Historical co2 levels that were as high as 7k and an average of around 3500ppm over the last BILLION years are now 400ppm, and yet the absolute garbage absurd statements that co2 levels are changing the climate. If you note the chart clearly earths temperatures fluctuate for some reason not related to co2 levels but more likely some type of orbit similar to a Milankovitch Cycle but less common and more drastic, perhaps our solar systems orbit with another solar system?

About every 150 billion years the earths temperature bottoms out and then rises like clockwork. I am much more worried about the next ice age then fossil fuel climate change which simply does not exist anywhere except the human mind. Clearly they had to come up with something to change the opinions of americans because without it they would never have been as successful as they have been. 150 billion invested by auto manu's in electric vehicles that are still very unpopular. They are expensive and likely will end the ability to travel for a large sub section who cannot afford them or the increased prices of gas vehicles because of the carbon fines such as we see with the cummins fine. All of those fines and investments will end up in the price tag of every car sold. The only result will be the poor not being able to afford to travel like we had growing up.

Marketing degrees and public relation degrees are all about changing not only the way america thinks but what they actually believe, and truth has no part in either, there is nothing in those degrees that even suggest the truth is a worthy talking point. Marketing degrees change behaviors and public relation degrees change opinions. Together they are a one two punch and the science of both suggest it simply doesnt matter what the truth is, the only thing that matters are the goals are achieved. Regardless of what the truth is, enough people believe these goals are worthy, once a goal is in the light, it is nearly impossible to get rid of it. Early public relations are still with us today, there is a restaurant chain named after it, Ihop. Despite knowledge that perhaps sugar carbs with fried bacon and eggs are not the best way to start a day for health and energy, we still live with the goals of early pr that were sponsored by the eggs and ham people. Prior to this pr success people generally ate cereal for breakfast, that dude changed americans breakfast by falsely saying bacon and eggs and a huge breakfast was the healthy option. We are being sold the same exact lie just with different window dressing, the best thing for our planet is EV's, despite the many downsides discussed in this thread similar to the many downsides of the american breakfast as Edward Bernay's designed it, these goals just dont go away ever.

The largest advantage with PR is perpetual offense, everything written not in line about the issue at hand is indeed defense and there is a cost to it. It is hard to score points when you on defense? Meanwhile, offensive goals are constantly scoring points. The fallacy of democracy is that if more are against then are for, that against with win. Simply a huge lie. One scary thing in out future, despite 95% of us eating meat, that some day that will be threatened by the few in power and they will succeed in ending it. The early beginnings of this have already started.

They will attack every level of the food pyramid and use every organization to achieve this goal, will start with the end of red meat. You laugh, but you have no idea what you are up against. They will use doctors just like bernays did, the will use science just like EV science, they will slowly errode the truth and **** lies such that americans eat to few carbs, lol? Yeah no kidding, read this. Americans eat to few carbs 2020-2025, who knew? The future is bleak just as brandon has said, but as you can see we are truly helpless in the face of PR professionals with a government agenda. It is a slow process, but make no mistake they will win. And yes the OP is correct, the future is one of dystopia. Imagine that, we are actually going back to the cereal breakfast in time thanks to the people who rule us. Americans dont get enough carbs, lol. EV's will save us, lol. A huge breakfast with bacon and eggs is healthy, lol. We are the pawns, they are the puppet masters, dont shoot the messenger, for 2 years I sat in PR classrooms, I get what we are up against.

main-qimg-0386a77dea093449149974f7364a0304.gif

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dirty web, hidden in the deep dark dirty web where the governments havent "cleaned" it yet lays what used to be established science. Science that was never a threat until it didnt fit their narratives. Science such as co2 levels have no effect on the earths temperature for billions of years despite being over ten times the co2 levels of today, in fact closer to 20 times the co2 levels of today, not 20% more but 2,000% more. Historical co2 levels that were as high as 7k and an average of around 3500ppm over the last BILLION years are now 400ppm, and yet the absolute garbage absorb statements that co2 levels are changing the climate. If you note the chart clearly earths temperatures fluctuate for some reason not related to co2 levels but more likely some type of orbit similar to a Milankovitch Cycle but less common and more drastic, perhaps our solar systems orbit with another solar system?

About every 150 billion years the earths temperature bottoms out and then rises like clockwork. I am much more worried about the next ice age then fossil fuel climate change which simply does not exist anywhere except the human mind. Clearly they had to come up with something to change the opinions of americans because without it they would never have been as successful as they have been. 150 billion invested by auto manu's in electric vehicles that are still very unpopular. They are expensive and likely will end the ability to travel for a large sub section who cannot afford them or the increased prices of gas vehicles because of the carbon fines such as we see with the cummins fine. All of those fines and investments will end up in the price tag of every car sold. The only result will be the poor not being able to afford to travel like we had growing up.

Marketing degrees and public relation degrees are all about changing not only the way america thinks but what they actually believe, and truth has no part in either, there is nothing in those degrees that even suggest the truth is a worthy talking point. Marketing degrees change behaviors and public relation degrees change opinions. Together they are a one two punch and the science of both suggest it simply doesnt matter what the truth is, the only thing that matters are the goals are achieved. Regardless of what the truth is, enough people believe these goals are worthy, once a goal is in the light, it is nearly impossible to get rid of it. Early public relations are still with us today, there is a resturant chain named after it, Ihop. Despite knowledge that perhaps sugar carbs with friend bacon and eggs are not the best way to start a day for health and energy, we still live with the goals of early pr that were sponsored by the eggs and ham people. Prior to this pr people generally ate cereal for breakfast, that dude changed americans breakfast by falsely saying bacon and eggs and a huge breakfast was the healthy option. We are being sold the same exact lie just with different window dressing, the best thing for our planet is EV's, despite the many downsides discussed in this thread similar to the many downsides of the american breakfast as Edward Bernay's designed it, these goals just dont go away ever.

The largest advantage with PR is perpetual offense, everything written not in line about the issue at hand is indeed defense and their is a cost to it. It is hard to score points when you on defense? Meanwhile, offensive goals are constantly scoring points. The fallacy of democracy is that if more are against then are for, that against with win. Simply a huge lie. One scary thing in out future, despite 95% of us eating meat, that some day that will be threatened by the few in power and they will succeed in ending it. The early beginnings of this have already started.

They will attack every level of the food pyramid and use every organization to achieve this goal, will start with the end of red meat. You laugh, but you have no idea what you are up against. They will use doctors just like bernays did, the will use science just like EV science, they will slowly errode the truth and **** lies such that americans eat to few carbs, lol? Yeah no kidding, read this. Americans eat to few carbs 2020-2025, who knew? The future is bleak just as brandon has said, but as you can see we are truly helpless in the face of PR professionals with a government agenda. It is a slow process, but make no mistake they will win. And yes the OP is correct, the future is one of dystopia. Imagine that, we are actually going back to the cereal breakfast in time thanks to the people who rule us. Americans dont get enough carbs, lol. EV's will save us, lol. A huge breakfast with bacon and eggs is healthy, lol. We are the pawns, they are the puppet masters, dont shoot the messenger, for 2 years I sat in PR classrooms, I get what we are up against.

View attachment 534728
Mike you're doing it again, stop with the common sense and logic.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My bad for sure, just wanted to spit a little common sense before the lock and delete.

Who has the odds on when this gets deleted? Taking bets, no way this survives the week.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The sad truth it isnt politics that this place doesnt want you to discuss, it is anti politics. If we post mission statements from stelantis on why we need to be in ram EV's instead of gas = no problem. If we explain how short sided this wrong thinking is, then we are political? I hope I am wrong, I hope the mods consider that. Regardless we can all see where this is going, gas engines are the next horse and buggy regardless of what the masses want, it is simply a matter of time. my 2 cents and then some, good luck to the thread.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The dirty web, hidden in the deep dark dirty web where the governments havent "cleaned" it yet lays what used to be established science. Science that was never a threat until it didnt fit their narratives. Science such as co2 levels have no effect on the earths temperature for billions of years despite being over ten times the co2 levels of today, in fact closer to 20 times the co2 levels of today, not 20% more but 2,000% more. Historical co2 levels that were as high as 7k and an average of around 3500ppm over the last BILLION years are now 400ppm, and yet the absolute garbage absorb statements that co2 levels are changing the climate. If you note the chart clearly earths temperatures fluctuate for some reason not related to co2 levels but more likely some type of orbit similar to a Milankovitch Cycle but less common and more drastic, perhaps our solar systems orbit with another solar system?

Marketing degrees and public relation degrees are all about changing not only the way america thinks but what they actually believe, and truth has no part in either, there is nothing in those degrees that even suggest the truth is a worthy talking point. Marketing degrees change behaviors and public relation degrees change opinions. Together they are a one two punch and the science of both suggest it simply doesnt matter what the truth is, the only thing that matters are the goals are achieved. Regardless of what the truth is, enough people believe these goals are worthy, once a goal is in the light, it is nearly impossible to get rid of it. Early public relations are still with us today, there is a resturant chain named after it, Ihop. Despite knowledge that perhaps sugar carbs with friend bacon and eggs are not the best way to start a day for health and energy, we still live with the goals of early pr that were sponsored by the eggs and ham people. Prior to this pr people generally ate cereal for breakfast, that dude changed americans breakfast by falsely saying bacon and eggs and a huge breakfast was the healthy option. We are being sold the same exact lie just with different window dressing, the best thing for our planet is EV's, despite the many downsides discussed in this thread similar to the many downsides of the american breakfast as Edward Bernay's designed it, these goals just dont go away ever.

The largest advantage with PR is perpetual offense, everything written not in line about the issue at hand is indeed defense and their is a cost to it. It is hard to score points when you on defense? Meanwhile, offensive goals are constantly scoring points. The fallacy of democracy is that if more are against then are for, that against with win. Simply a huge lie. One scary thing in out future, despite 95% of us eating meat, that some day that will be threatened by the few in power and they will succeed in ending it. The early beginnings of this have already started.

View attachment 534728
You're a smart dude. I think we can be friends. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.