The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Like I said, I started on a serious rant and caught myself after a couple of lines.
DELETE!
It may have been construed as a political comment.

I understand only too well.

The bottom line is it is political. The people who were voted into office, backed by big money (the political part), implemented extreme policies that are damaging the fabric of not only my country but yours as well as other countries. The takeaway is people vote for the names that are stuck in their faces the most. The more money a candidate has, the more the candidate is in your face, and the likelihood of one's vote.

When I was in my public education, my high school classes consisted in part of civics, the Constitution, and the U.S. Government. This was back in the late sixties, the years of high school parking lots stuffed with muscle cars, the good old days. We were taught to understand elections, election issues, and how to vet candidates. Back then, the political parties were centered in the areas of common sense instead of today's extremes. Public schools have not taught such classes in many years. Perhaps it is part of the reprogramming.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Touche! Just like here in Canada. Our leader refused to sell Germany cng which we have but we will be full scale hydrogen selling by something like 2030. "eyeroll"
When I think, hear hydrogen, I think this: Also, FWIW, One of my mother's older brothers was at Lakehurst when it went down and had a piece of the fabric, which over the years, I have no idea where it went. And they were complaining about the Pinto's..... yada yada yada...

hd.JPG

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back then, the political parties were centered in the areas of common sense instead of today's extremes. Public schools have not taught such classes in many years. Perhaps it is part of the reprogramming.

While I agree with most of your comments, with all the stupidity in recent years, I've been reevaluating what I have learned growing up in the 60s & 70s.

If we look back at many of the assassinations from the past, it looks pretty clear that anyone who dares to speak the truth or displays selfless ethics inevitably is shot or killed.

The past is littered with assassinations and many that I wasn't aware of until I looked. I've concluded that my perception of the past was an illusion, the world is not such a pretty place and never has been.

That is my perception because all that has happened in recent years has awakened my mind.

YMMV

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When I think, hear hydrogen, I think this: Also, FWIW, One of my mother's older brothers was at Lakehurst when it went down and had a piece of the fabric, which over the years, I have no idea where it went. And they were complaining about the Pinto's..... yada yada yada...

View attachment 534773
The hindenburg was the past and the future, look it up, lol. That accident happened because Germany was denied the use of helium from it's supplier, the usa lol. Sadly, that disaster has ruined the chances of that being a legit way to move cargo. But there is a movement to bring it back, it might be the best way to move cargo, better then plane or container ship. Yes, the plane brings the best speed, but if you look at all aspects of travel, the hindenburg clones may someday take over the way of moving cargo. It is the "greenist" option. Many people dont realize, blimps used to be legit ways to travel around the world.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The hindenburg was the past and the future, look it up, lol. That accident happened because Germany was denied the use of helium from it's supplier, the usa lol. Sadly, that disaster has ruined the chances of that being a legit way to move cargo. But there is a movement to bring it back, it might be the best way to move cargo, better then plane or container ship. Yes, the plane brings the best speed, but if you look at all aspects of travel, the hindenburg clones may someday take over the way of moving cargo. It is the "greenist" option. Many people dont realize, blimps used to be legit ways to travel around the world.

With the patience and tolerance that is displayed everywhere today, do you truly believe that a slower method of shipping & transportation would be adopted by industry and the masses? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'd gladly travel in a blimp. It'd be cool I think.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
With the patience and tolerance that is displayed everywhere today, do you truly believe that a slower method of shipping & transportation would be adopted by industry and the masses? :rolleyes:

well. they still use cargo ships, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would wager that new blimps wouldnt need a crew as well, takes out the tragedy factor.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yep, AI will be piloting all forms of mass transportation, whether the cargo is freight or people

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
While I agree with most of your comments, with all the stupidity in recent years, I've been reevaluating what I have learned growing up in the 60s & 70s.

If we look back at many of the assassinations from the past, it looks pretty clear that anyone who dares to speak the truth or displays selfless ethics inevitably is shot or killed.
I think we were very fortunate to have come of age in the sixties and seventies. We walked around not realizing the evil below our feet (recall the Cuban Missile Crisis) while we gathered around an AM radio and tuned in CKLW out of Windsor for Motown music with our biggest worry about the playlist or where we could scrape up a buck or two for gas. Our parents did, I can recall several times when they mentioned the difficulties we were going to face yet the doom and gloom never materialized to the point it blocked my dreams. I'm trying to understand if today's global political environment is any worse than it was in our youth. Back then we didn't have resources like the Internet, there were no global news stations, we lived on the news from our local stations and 30 minutes of Huntly & Brinkley or Walter Cronkite whom we trusted. I wonder if that trust was misplaced.

I don't know if globalization was an issue back during Lyndon Johnson's term, the answer to why was Kennedy assassinated would answer a wealth of questions. I had to live through the dark times of Jimmy Carter, trying to feed a young family, keep my job, and pay the mortgage. When Ronald Regan sat down in the Oval Office, I yawned and thought great, another elite taking us down the path of misery but he did the opposite and changed me politically forever. I had to ask myself why I never experienced what politicians told me before they were elected. My Mom always told me to ignore what the politicians say but study what they do, I would find my answers there, she was right, boy was she right.

Like millions of parents across the globe, I worry about my kids in these times of lunacy. I worry about what my Grandchildren will face knowing there is nothing I can do about changing anything. So I worry about my kids like my parents worried about me and somehow, I've made it this far and so shall they, I think.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we were very fortunate to have come of age in the sixties and seventies. We walked around not realizing the evil below our feet (recall the Cuban Missile Crisis) while we gathered around an AM radio and tuned in CKLW out of Windsor for Motown music with our biggest worry about the playlist or where we could scrape up a buck or two for gas.

Well said and I agree, I do feel very fortunate to have grown up when I did. I learned electronics from my Dad in the early 70s and started work in '81 when Telecom was growing in leaps and bounds, it was very exciting, never a dull moment.

Our parents did, I can recall several times when they mentioned the difficulties we were going to face yet the doom and gloom never materialized to the point it blocked my dreams. I'm trying to understand if today's global political environment is any worse than it was in our youth. Back then we didn't have resources like the Internet, there were no global news stations, we lived on the news from our local stations and 30 minutes of Huntly & Brinkley or Walter Cronkite whom we trusted. I wonder if that trust was misplaced.

Like Walter Cronkite, we had Harvey Kirk and Lloyd Robertson as our trusted newscasters, surely they would have never lied or knowingly deceived us. We all gathered every night to learn what was happening in the world and likely would have believed almost anything they said because they were all about truth, we thought.

We had our own fun North of the 49th, too. The FLQ crisis in Montreal was when the other trudeau enacted the War Measures Act.

We were always reminded of the unrest in the USSR and that we could be on the receiving end of ICBMs at any moment in time.

I remember in elementary school in the 60s, we were taught and practiced how to take cover under doorways and desks if the emergency sirens were to wail. That was a bit frightening.

I don't know if globalization was an issue back during Lyndon Johnson's term, the answer to why was Kennedy assassinated would answer a wealth of questions. I had to live through the dark times of Jimmy Carter, trying to feed a young family, keep my job, and pay the mortgage. When Ronald Regan sat down in the Oval Office, I yawned and thought great, another elite taking us down the path of misery but he did the opposite and changed me politically forever. I had to ask myself why I never experienced what politicians told me before they were elected. My Mom always told me to ignore what the politicians say but study what they do, I would find my answers there, she was right, boy was she right.

Your Mom was a smart woman.

I like the adage, how can you tell when a politician is lying?
You see their lips moving.

I don't believe in words from politicians anymore, just actions.

Like millions of parents across the globe, I worry about my kids in these times of lunacy. I worry about what my Grandchildren will face knowing there is nothing I can do about changing anything. So I worry about my kids like my parents worried about me and somehow, I've made it this far and so shall they, I think.

I don't have any children but I do worry about your's, my neighbour's and my friend's children.

I haven't lost all hope yet but I just wish more people would get off their a$$ and research to learn what these globalists and elites have planned for us all.

Some might call it a conspiracy theory but a short bit of research will provide significant enlightenment, it's the don't look don't care attitude I find appalling and dangerous to us all.

I still believe that information is power and I will go down fighting to my last breath.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I left the USS Oriskany CVA 34 less than a month before the Oriskany Fire.
The source of that fire was 1 Magnesium Para Flare, it burned at 1 Million Candle Power,
One of the Aviation Ordnancemen that took my place had made the mistake of tossing an Armed Magnesium Para Flare in the forward Storage Locker, that contained at least 600 other Para Flares.
By the way, they had to allow that fire to continue to burn, it burned through about 7 Steel Decks or floors, the Magnesium was still burning when it landed on the Sea Floor.
The only way to put a Magnesium Fire out, is by spraying CLASS D dry chemical
a blend of powdered graphite, granular sodium chloride, and fragments of copper, on top of the flame,
cost of a 30 lbs extinguisher is $1872.81 !!!............
Back in the day, Lawn Boy push mower decks were made out of magnesium. When they cracked, the mower had to be thrown away.

I used to run a small engine sales and repair shop. When a broken Lawn Boy would make its way to my shop, and the owner left with a new mower, I would save the old deck until I had enough cardboard and trash to burn.

I would get a good fire going and throw the Lawn Boy deck on the fire.

I have never seen a fire burn so bright and white. It is a sight to behold.

I was waiting for one to burn a hole into the ground some day. lol

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
speaking of blimps, I was working at the Hemisfair68 in san antonio in 65-66 when they were building it and got to ride in the Goodyear blimp. it was pretty cool cruising around s.a. at maybe 2000' and 35 miles an hour. landing was just aim for the mob of people on the ground and they grabbed the bunch of ropes that hanged down.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
speaking of blimps, I was working at the Hemisfair68 in san antonio in 65-66 when they were building it and got to ride in the Goodyear blimp. it was pretty cool cruising around s.a. at maybe 2000' and 35 miles an hour. landing was just aim for the mob of people on the ground and they grabbed the bunch of ropes that hanged down.
N ever been on a Blimp. I have however many many times been in "Big Blue", which is the massive hangar on Lakehurst Naval Air Station (not doing the ole named combined name of Dix, McGuire and Lakehurst is now). We would have conventions in there and such when not being used for other things, like Act MX and such. Just a monster of a Building.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/hangar-no-1-lakehurst-naval-air-station.htm

bb.JPG

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
N ever been on a Blimp. I have however many many times been in "Big Blue", which is the massive hangar on Lakehurst Naval Air Station (not doing the ole named combined name of Dix, McGuire and Lakehurst is now). We would have conventions in there and such when not being used for other things, like Act MX and such. Just a monster of a Building.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/hangar-no-1-lakehurst-naval-air-station.htm

View attachment 534795
there's a blimp hanger like that just off hwy 6 near Navasota

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We actually almost got to experience a nuclear war several times, fortunately they always managed to back away from the cliff.

Today, young peoples biggest worry is are they going to misgender someone. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.