Think I might crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's our current education system.

And this retar ded new world where we all bend over backwards to avoid upsetting anyone because they might not share our beliefs or just because they're behaving like an idiot.

And a Merry Christmas to all. :cool:

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Now why would I do that that’s no fun I have zero issue what so ever replacing **** I just wanna know what might be needing to be replaced that’s part of being a 18 year old with a hemi
Well then, take it to an expert and have it fixed right. By your own statements you dont have the skill and experience to evaluate it yourself.

If you are going to drive it that hard it takes more repairs. No reason not to drive hard, I still do but only as long as the vehicle is in tip top shape. Trying to tell you what needs fixing remotely, isn't going to work very well.

BigMike518

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
33x12.5x20? Are you running wheels with big neg offsets? Worn fronts (7/32” from 18/32” new) caused noticeable steering issues on my 1500 with -1 offsets. I thought I was going to have to redo front end all around until I noticed a gash in one of the fronts. Got new tires all around last week and it now drives like when I drove it off the lot with 10 miles in it.(65k now). Neg offset wheels + worn tires will probably make it feel like the truck is falling apart even at low speed turns. Slow down, get new tires if worn, get alignment checked, maintain tire pressures, and keep up with rotate/balance intervals And you should be ok.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
It's amazing how I'm still alive after my teens and early 20s. When I was 15, I worked with a woman who ferried fighter planes in World War 2, and she was with Joey Chitwoods Daredevils in the late 50s and early 60s. She taught me how to drive on 2 wheels and I did it often for a couple of years. I got a couple of cars up over 160 mph on freeway feeders and Farm to Market roads. I was taking my Roadrunner with the newly installed Hemi to get mufflers installed when I tried to pass a bus on a residential street and the carburetor return springs came off and I was going through people's front yards and dodging trees with 725 horsepower spinning the tires on the grass before I got a chance to turn the key off. I built my 73 F150 to jump, tires springs, shocks, etc. I also jumped boats and my favorite thing in the world was to be out on my 18 foot catamaran in a 45 knot wind, standing on the hull with the tiller in one hand and the main sheet in the other, clipping the tops of the waves. It's all just about growing up, or dying. I had friends who died racing drunk. I almost died when I fell asleep at the wheel and hit a semi head-on. If I had been racing, I would have been awake.
I'm still here, slower. I drive the back roads. 6 decades of Houston traffic took it out of me.
Leave the kid alone while he still thinks he's immortal.
I lived on the theory that every time something happens it splits reality, creating another parallel universe where one of you lives. I probably died a dozen times.

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Note to OP & rookies “Good judgement comes from bad experiences and a lot of those come from bad judgement.” Sincerely hope you and your passengers or pets never have a bad experience in your Ram at 80+ mph.

And yes, been there & done that. I’m a survivor of some poor judgement. Also know that it’s difficult to put an old head on young shoulders. But if even only a few youngsters on the forum heed my opening remarks, i did my good deed for the day.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have enjoyed spirited driving my whole life and still do. I drove rally, raced bikes off road, ice raced, raced on paved road courses, dirt track raced, rode trials bikes and a bunch of other stuff. I also drove like a hooligan on public roads, still do some days.

Just today, I took a long box crew cab 2500 through country a lot of guys have trouble navigating a jeep through, so clearly previous experience is a factor and you don't learn to drive fast or in difficult situations by reading a book, you have to actually do it.

1000003057.jpg

What I clearly understood, even at 20 years old, vehicles are designed for specifc types of driving and courses. Trying to use a cross country racer in a Trials course meant you would fail miserably. Running a pickup in a stock class road course race was allowed, but you would get your butt kicked by every sedan, let alone what the sports cars would do to you.

Same applies on the open road. A pickup is NOT a 911, or Corvette. Driving it like it is will give you experiences you may not live through. Any race I ever entered had inspections you had to pass and if the vehicle didn't you weren't racing. Driving any vehicle like a hooligan on open roads, that isn't in top shape is guaranteed to get you in trouble and possibly hurt innocent road users.

I don't care how young or bullet proof you think you are, you have no right to kill others with your stupidity and inexperience.

Danny Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It seems like they don't teach driver's ed anymore. So many terrible drivers. Most of new drivers don't know how to use turn signals, right of way, which lane to travel in. Don't have to deal with it much in Payson, AZ.

OP
OP
RamDiver

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like the government can't protect everyone from Darwinism. Hopefully you will wise up 1st. I to enjoy fast vehicles BUT commonsense HAS to be applied.

Are you referring to uncommon sense???

It certainly hasn't been too common in the last decade or two and seems to be rapidly spiralling down the toilet in recent years, AFAIC. :cool:

alexander122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you are doing 80-85-90, and you have to do a quick evasive move, you will end up killing yourself or someone else, hopefully you realize this sooner rather than later.

There won't be any time to think about it when you are flipping over 17 times.
Still out here cutting up plus at this point no accident is killing me

OP
OP
RamDiver

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure how I became the OP of this thread created by alexander122.

It seems that there are 2 versions of this thread now and it has been dissected for some odd reason.

The original was started here;

OP
OP
RamDiver

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I was just wondering about that.

Oh to be young again and know it all. I'm glad I lived long enough to grow out of that stage. Some don't.

Yup, a great call on your part.

Me too, lots of bad $hit but mine was more self-destructive than a risk to innocent bystanders.

The only way I'd want to be young again is if I could retain what I've learned about not being stupid. :cool:

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A younger body would be nice lol. I'm not that old but my knees hurt just watching my kids play with hot wheels cars on our driveway.

It is kind of entertaining to think back about all the "cool" stuff you did back then and what you thought was "cool" and just laugh at how moronic you really were.... Or maybe that's just me lol.

OP
OP
RamDiver

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A younger body would be nice lol. I'm not that old but my knees hurt just watching my kids play with hot wheels cars on our driveway.

It is kind of entertaining to think back about all the "cool" stuff you did back then and what you thought was "cool" and just laugh at how moronic you really were.... Or maybe that's just me lol.

Yes, a younger body with more energy would be awesome, although...

One of my best friends will be turning 68 this year and I don't know that I've ever been energetic enough to keep up with her, she's a machine. LOL

She's been a produce farmer for the past 15 or 20 years and she just never quits. She works three mid-sized greenhouses and several gardens the size of my backyard, all day long and then she still stays up late partying with us on the weekends. :cool: