What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Daughter gave us 1 day notice of her, husband and 2 grandkids coming to visit. We have a german shepard that takes his security role too serious and we are in the process of getting him to stop being such an a(&hole. So they are staying in the 5th wheel. It's also an introduction to "camping" to our 3 yr old grandson. Anyway,

finished up the topper cradle. Threw on some wheels and setup the sidebars
20240607_114942.jpg

Hung the topper from the rafters, they are reinforced using straps to lift it enough to clear the bed to move the truck out.
20240607_161154.jpg

barely have enough room to have the topper to the back and to give enough room for the overhead winch to lift up the hitch
20240607_163510.jpg

got the trailer moved out to the front for some semi-level round, access to the rv plug and water.
yeah it's an ancient '93 Sierra Cobra 26'
20240607_170414.jpg

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added a Diablo T2 Tuner. Got it cheap and it's simple. Will do the basic stuff I want to get done with the canned 91 tune. Plus when I do the MDS delete cam and lifters, etc, the Diablo can do the delete.

Wanted the HP, but I think it is too powerful and way more than I can handle

Last edited:

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
153k miles on my 15. Changed all the fluids. Unbelievable at how expensive that was, and everything takes it's own special fliid.
Replaced exh manifolds with BD manifolds. Impressed with how thick they are. Never been this quiet.
In the process of installing LED headlights. Hi beams are done, had to get an additional harness to finish low beams.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
decided to check my intake bolts and they were loose. I got a good half a turn and maybe a little more out of them.

swapped around coil packs to find the misfire problem pretty sure it’s the lifter don’t really matter plans are in the works been talking to mmx for a few days now haven’t made any decisions yet
funny thing is . is that it stopped making any noises it’s just shuddering a lot from misfiring

Last edited:

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Installed my new rear sway bar (new to truck also- as it came without one). Original owner ordered HD "stuff" when truck was ordered. But it came without a rear bar. Front bar measured 1.4 inches/36mm Did my research and found what I wanted (one that was 50-75 % smaller than front bar). Company is Hellwig, got it thru "Summit Racing" Good people! It is 60% smaller than the front bar. A lot less $$ than an O.E. assembly. But as it was just the bar, bar bushings, mounting brackets, and bolts/washers to attach the bar to rear axle, I had to decide what I wanted in a set of links. Hellwig had a set for $196 PN 7961(yes you read that correct). They looked EXTREMELY heavy duty, BUT again $196??? It was stated that these were a "must" if the vehicle did not already have a sway bar. So pulled up the directions. After looking at the directions, online before I ordered the bar, I noticed a note "This Sway Bar is designed to replace the Factory Bar - it reuses O.E. Links. So, I went to my part store - O'Reilly's - and ordered a pair of Precision Links- pn750396 Which also included all bolts/hardware need for the links, and they are greaseable. It is a real simple install. All attaching points are already part of the frame/axle. the nice thing is it adjustable (3 holes to choose from) I started in the loose one.
WOW!!!! what a difference. Played YEE-Haw (right & left) going down the road, then on a rural two lane, leaned on it. As with local roads the crown and surface can leave a bit to be desired. SO, before the bar @ 90MPH or so the truck, - a Tradesman,5.7, reg.cab, long box, 2WD would have been looking for a place to be. Same road took it to 118-120MPH truck is now stable, before it even starts to twitch around! So it should make a big difference with a load in the box and/or the steel deck and car behind it. It actually at normal speeds (posted limit 45) rides extremely nice, better than without. Had it there (position 1) for a few days, then moved it to the middle position. Do not know if I will go back to position 1 or not but know I won't go to 3 Corners even "flatter" in no. 2 but as the truck has Standard load 265/70R17's it really pushes hard on the sidewalls of the tires, as compared to position 1. You get the feeling of the tire sidewalls being worked very hard. And as that kind of driving is not my "normal" I will probably go back to no.1. The tires on the truck are not designed to be leaned on that hard. They did not start to slide but they "WERE NOT HAPPY- IN THEIR WORK"!
So for $267 for the bar package (Summit Racing) and $78 for the links. It is a fabulous addition to the truck. If you do not have a rear bar, the money and time will be well spent. Any questions? Well then Class dismissed.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Installed my new rear sway bar (new to truck also- as it came without one). Original owner ordered HD "stuff" when truck was ordered. But it came without a rear bar. Front bar measured 1.4 inches/36mm Did my research and found what I wanted (one that was 50-75 % smaller than front bar). Company is Hellwig, got it thru "Summit Racing" Good people! It is 60% smaller than the front bar. A lot less $$ than an O.E. assembly. But as it was just the bar, bar bushings, mounting brackets, and bolts/washers to attach the bar to rear axle, I had to decide what I wanted in a set of links. Hellwig had a set for $196 PN 7961(yes you read that correct). They looked EXTREMELY heavy duty, BUT again $196??? It was stated that these were a "must" if the vehicle did not already have a sway bar. So pulled up the directions. After looking at the directions, online before I ordered the bar, I noticed a note "This Sway Bar is designed to replace the Factory Bar - it reuses O.E. Links. So, I went to my part store - O'Reilly's - and ordered a pair of Precision Links- pn750396 Which also included all bolts/hardware need for the links, and they are greaseable. It is a real simple install. All attaching points are already part of the frame/axle. the nice thing is it adjustable (3 holes to choose from) I started in the loose one.
WOW!!!! what a difference. Played YEE-Haw (right & left) going down the road, then on a rural two lane, leaned on it. As with local roads the crown and surface can leave a bit to be desired. SO, before the bar @ 90MPH or so the truck, - a Tradesman,5.7, reg.cab, long box, 2WD would have been looking for a place to be. Same road took it to 118-120MPH truck is now stable, before it even starts to twitch around! So it should make a big difference with a load in the box and/or the steel deck and car behind it. It actually at normal speeds (posted limit 45) rides extremely nice, better than without. Had it there (position 1) for a few days, then moved it to the middle position. Do not know if I will go back to position 1 or not but know I won't go to 3 Corners even "flatter" in no. 2 but as the truck has Standard load 265/70R17's it really pushes hard on the sidewalls of the tires, as compared to position 1. You get the feeling of the tire sidewalls being worked very hard. And as that kind of driving is not my "normal" I will probably go back to no.1. The tires on the truck are not designed to be leaned on that hard. They did not start to slide but they "WERE NOT HAPPY- IN THEIR WORK"!
So for $267 for the bar package (Summit Racing) and $78 for the links. It is a fabulous addition to the truck. If you do not have a rear bar, the money and time will be well spent. Any questions? Well then Class dismissed.
I run my Hellwig bar in the front holes,but i'm also on a lower profile 305/50/20,so sidewall roll over isn't a big issue. My bar is as old as god,as i had it originally on my old 13,before putting it on this truck,lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3996.JPG
    IMG_3996.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 18

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed aftermarket tow hooks on a 1500 Express. Requires some measuring and cutting of lower insert in bumper cover. Not a bad job, just take your time. Went aftermarket as OEM are stupid expensive. I looked in the used market but people either had rusted out junk to sell or wanted new prices for used equipment.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Have noticed a couple times now when i first start up and drive, it skips 3rd gear now and then. Once its warm, doesn't do it. No slipping, just the skip of 3rd gear once in a while. So I've been collecting parts already before this to do a tranmission oil and filter change. 89k now, but pretty sure its never been done. Mopar filters always, and found Mopar trans fluid as well at a fair price. I hate pans with no drain, so after a lot of mental debate decided to do Dorman look alike with drain plug. Put a fumato valve in the transmission pan as well. And got the metal thread spin on filter replacement from plastic one that comes with the filter. And lately the temp bypass to cooler block mod too. Like I said, been planning for this until the skipping of 3rd gear thing recently.

So I've already heard about the valve body leaks on a 68rfe for some as well as some other upgrades that after market offers. I don't drive my truck like a race car, or expect similar. Not wanting it to do anything but last me for as long as possible. So I found a transmission shop that offers rebuilt valve bodies with a few extra upgrades at a price I was willing to spend. New solenoid valve and today started on it.

I did buy some larger drain pan add one, and kept so much more trans oil in the drain pan this time. Not all though but was a lot better. I like to replace the sump filter seal when I do this kind of work. And have do this plenty of times over the years. This time however I mEssed the seal up not getting it squarely started. Ugh....

No local parts places near me had just the seal either. It was either wait several days, or buy a kit to get it...not Mopar either. One kit later and I had my new seal in correctly and new sealant on the Dorman transmission drain pan with drain valve. In the morning I'll swap the pass through block to trans cooler on outside of tranny, and top off the fluids. Then go through a relearn and see if my 3rd gear skip is gone.

TBH I could probably have just swapped the solenoid valve for the 3rd gear skip item, but I don't want to be messing with a transmission this summer while taking the boat to the lake. Will update once I get some test time.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced the Moog rear sway bar end links. The rubber bushings finally wore out after 6 years. Hellwig sway bar still going strong.
I'll be replacing mine today, as well. Crawled under the truck the other day to find a clunk. Sway bar link bushings are disintegrating. New ones will be here today, along with the sway bar bushings. I ordered the Mevotech TTX links and bushings from Rockauto.

***Edit*** Swapped them out, clunk is gone. Sway bar bushings I got were smaller than the originals. Originals still looked good and were still pliable. Cleaned them up, light coat of grease, back in they went.

Last edited:

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be replacing mine today, as well. Crawled under the truck the other day to find a clunk. Sway bar link bushings are disintegrating. New ones will be here today, along with the sway bar bushings. I ordered the Mevotech TTX links and bushings from Rockauto.

I'm hunting a clunk myself and I feel like it's the front sway bar on my truck, when coming to a stop or taking off sometimes it's like a quick thud.

I took the bed cover off. Thinking of selling it as it's been more of a hassle lately.