What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmingdales Finest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent most of Thursday calling machine shops about milling the oem manifolds and no one I called did it. Then Friday researched headers and it seems more hit and miss than what I read about the longevity and the fact I have tidal flooding several times a month on my street I was afraid most headers would rust out in no time. In my research I found mention of the BD Diesel exhaust manifolds. I watched the video's from the company and spoke to Nick at GotExhaust and he confirmed they are much more durable than OEM or Headers but won't add any HP. I was 100% fine with that I want reliability first and foremost.

I ordered the BD Diesel exhaust manifold on Saturday afternoon to replace the current ones that have a broken bolt on each side. Much to my surprise I got them delivered today.

Now I have to make an appointment with my mechanic for installation.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent most of Thursday calling machine shops about milling the oem manifolds and no one I called did it. Then Friday researched headers and it seems more hit and miss than what I read about the longevity and the fact I have tidal flooding several times a month on my street I was afraid most headers would rust out in no time. In my research I found mention of the BD Diesel exhaust manifolds. I watched the video's from the company and spoke to Nick at GotExhaust and he confirmed they are much more durable than OEM or Headers but won't add any HP. I was 100% fine with that I want reliability first and foremost.

I ordered the BD Diesel exhaust manifold on Saturday afternoon to replace the current ones that have a broken bolt on each side. Much to my surprise I got them delivered today.

Now I have to make an appointment with my mechanic for installation.
I replaced my passenger side manifold with a BD diesel manifold in April due to broken bolts. Haven't gotten around to changing driver side yet. Driver side is more of pain because steering knuckle in the way,but not hard to disconnect. One broken bolt held me up 2 days on the passenger side, because it broke off flush and I couldn't tap it out. Son in law brought a portable welder over and after 4 or so tries we finally got a nut welded to it and came right out. The other broken bolt wasn't flush and extracted easily. Don't think driver side has any broken bolts, hope it stays that way when I change it.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I put this fuel filter solution on my truck some time back - LINK At the time they were selling with CAT filter vs. Fleetguard you see today listed. Microns on Fleetguard and newer type filter tech makes sense, so ordered one to swap it out. Haven't done the front filter delete kit (see bottom of LINK page) yet, but is on my to do some time this year. Got my filter at Geno's though - LINK Better priced and needed a couple other items as well. If you haven't shopped at Geno's, you're missing out!

Update on Transmission oil/filter/valve body upgrade from the other day - post 44,174 in this thread. Third gear skip that sometimes occurred with transmission when it was cold started is gone! Shifting smoother in all gears now! And I've got a drain plug in tranny pan now!

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
Installed a new front sway bar, not sure how close old one was to rusting thru/breaking but it bothered me everytime I saw it.
The job was fairly easy which was a pleasant surprise, my truck loves to fight whenever I work on it.

Attachments

• IMG_9628.jpeg
    IMG_9628.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9630.jpeg
    IMG_9630.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 19

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed a new front sway bar, not sure how close old one was to rusting thru/breaking but it bothered me everytime I saw it.
The job was fairly easy which was a pleasant surprise, my truck loves to fight whenever I work on it.
Do you have a link to the sway bar? I need to replace mine before too long. They passed it on last inspection in November,but I want to get it replaced before something breaks.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Do you have a link to the sway bar? I need to replace mine before too long. They passed it on last inspection in November,but I want to get it replaced before something breaks.
I would check with all mopar parts, a preferred vendor on this forum, as far as I know there is no aftermarket replacement for the 4x4.
The part # for mine, 2015 1500 express 5168562AA, seems like there is slight differences between years & possibly trims/options so be sure to give your vin.
My bushings looked okay but I put some new ones on anyway, they were 20$ a piece, so one of those “might as well while you have it off situations”