What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Funny thing when I removed the original vinyl floor, I found a quarter, 2 dimes and 2 pennies all dated before 2013.
They were behind a wire harness so they had to be put there at the factory. No way they would have made it to where I found them if they had just been dropped by my father.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
5k oil change with RP filter, and installed the Femco oil drain plug. I used the standard plug instead of the compact, because I don't offroad (RWD) and the compacts trend to leak, as it opens the valve before enough threads engage. Now I will be able to drain oil when hot, making oil flushes more efficient.
1000002387.jpg

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took the truck for a trip from NC to Upstate NY to move Mother in law. Returned with a bed either the movers wouldn't or wife wanted, some pretty heavy like a treadmill.

The truck used to get in the areas of 21 mpg Hwy / 18.8 combined. I reset the mileage system when I installed the DiabloSport last month. I am running the canned 91 tune and filling w/ 93 to compensate for gas that sometimes isn't mixed right to get and actual 91. Just in case. During cruise, tuner was showing +-14.1 AFR. Fuel is 10% ethenol. Fuel trim was bouncing between 0 and +2 most of the time.

This trip was 1249 miles in 3 days with about 200 of it running around town and lots of local stuff during the run up and down.. Filled up before leaving and made it to destination (525 miles) on 1 tank (26 gal tank) then added 20.1 gals when I got there. 525 miles on 20.1 gals not bad. Then added 15.5 gals and 10.3 gal. 46.4 gal total. Did the math and truck got 26.9 MPG combined (see pics below) and manual calculations were spot on with the cluster.

MDS Milage.jpg

Had MDS engaged during speeds above 55 mph, and disengaged below. Could hear the transitions thru exhaust. That 1st pic is running 57 mph on flat surface, with cruise on and MDS engaged.

2nd pic is later on, cruise set, MDS turned off and on flat road..end Milage.jpg

I am shocked the truck used that little fuel since adding the tuner.

Once I get sensor installed for wide band, going to do some logs and get a final tune done.

Last edited:

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took the truck for a trip from NC to Upstate NY to move Mother in law. Returned with a bed either the movers wouldn't or wife wanted, some pretty heavy like a treadmill.

The truck used to get in the areas of 21 mpg Hwy / 18.8 combined. I reset the mileage system when I installed the DiabloSport last month. I am running the canned 91 tune and filling w/ 93 to compensate for gas that sometimes isn't mixed right to get and actual 91. Just in case. During cruise, tuner was showing +-14.1 AFR. Fuel is 10% ethenol. Fuel trim was bouncing between 0 and +2 most of the time.

This trip was 1249 miles in 3 days with about 200 of it running around town and lots of local stuff during the run up and down.. Filled up before leaving and made it to destination (525 miles) on 1 tank (26 gal tank) then added 20.1 gals when I got there. 525 miles on 20.1 gals not bad. Then added 15.5 gals and 10.3 gal. 46.4 gal total. Did the math and truck got 26.9 MPG combined (see pics below) and manual calculations were spot on with the cluster.

View attachment 546983

Had MDS engaged during speeds above 55 mph, and disengaged below. Could hear the transitions thru exhaust. That 1st pic is running 57 mph on flat surface, with cruise on and MDS engaged.

2nd pic is later on, cruise set, MDS turned off and on flat road..View attachment 546984

I am shocked the truck used that little fuel since adding the tuner.

Once I get sensor installed for wide band, going to do some logs and get a final tune done.
How were your temps going up there with those mesh inserts you got from me? Interested if it made much of a difference on your truck if you swapped em yet

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How were your temps going up there with those mesh inserts you got from me? Interested if it made much of a difference on your truck if you swapped em yet
to be honest, I have not installed them yet. My coolant temp stayed in the 197 deg area, bumping up to 201 on occasion.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did grease injection into upper/lower ball joints, stabilizer end links, and tie rods (via boot). Just did small injections. Will let it work it's way around for a bit and then do it again. I feel like this is a better approach than dumping a ton of grease in at one time. Upon completion, I went to put my cheater glasses back on the center console. I was doing so with gusto as I was trying to beat an incoming storm. Wind was whipping, sprinkles headed inbound. Opened the passenger front door thinking that it opened until it hit the door stop. Turned to grab something and turned back, still moving with purpose and found that the door only opened to the first stop, not the full open stop. Found that with my brow being firmly planted into the top corner. I bled. The corner went all the way to the bone. I bled some more. I cussed after I got my bearings. Ouch. This truck hates me. I heard it laugh.

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed new Morimoto taillights with reverse led bar. Man these things are bright. Makes backing up at night much easier.

Attachments

• 20240724_101250.jpg
    20240724_101250.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240724_101331.jpg
    20240724_101331.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240721_235423.jpg
    20240721_235423.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old girl is sitting on jack stands. Ripped old driver side manifold out finally. Originally had broken bolts on passenger side and replaced that in April. I had 2 broken bolts, 1 I was able to easily extract with left hand extractor and the other my son in law helped with (Welded a nut). Well noticed a leak not too long ago on driver side and just hadn't had the time to do it, ended up with same 2 broken bolts (by the collector. Manifold was warped pretty bad. I bought BD diesel manifolds a while back. Son in law is coming Sunday with his welder to get the one that's broken flush. Driver side is a bear even with dipstick moved slightly and steering linkage disconnected. Had to wrestle the manifold out of the engine.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Driver side is a bear even with dipstick moved slightly and steering linkage disconnected.

Good to hear, I need to do the same one on my 2010, was wondering how bad it would be, guess it's worse than I thought.....sigh.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to hear, I need to do the same one on my 2010, was wondering how bad it would be, guess it's worse than I thought.....sigh.
It's doable at home especially considering the cost to install, just a pain in the ass. Just make sure you have all new bolts including the collector bolts.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish me luck, son on law is coming over to extract the flush broken bolt with a welder. The other side I attempted to extract by drilling,but couldn't get it moving. Son in law got it by welding a nut on there. I told him of all places to break a bolt it's the most accessible on the driver side. The back bolts by the collector are the most accessible. I have a feeling that reassembly will be a pain, because of the lack of space. Had to wrestle the old one out of there.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So buttoned it up, nut welded on first try,but front top hole seemed like it wasn't threading in straight like the bolt walked. Retapped it and bolted it all up. Now I just realized my exhaust inlet at the muffler has a little leak. What do you guys recommend to seal it better. I have evil energy band clamps which hold great, but must have the notch in exhaust slightly uncovered. Wasn't sure if high temp sealant or heat tape of some sort. Glad that **** is over!!!

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So there is a noise coming from the driver side that sounds like something rattling. I don't have heat shields on my BD diesel manifolds, so not them vibrating. But that's kinda what it sounds like. Don't really hear anything at idle, but can hear it accelerating at low speed with window down. Any thoughts? Driving me bat **** crazy.