What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why, you exorbitantly rich *******, you. :smoke2:

The blocked word is p-l-a-y-b-o-y...WTF?
NO I normally run 89. Running the tank down to under 1/4 and trying to get fresh fuel in there. My normal drive is under 10 miles and I just keep topping off. So going with the best in the area till I feel most old stuff flushed through then back to 89 I go.

I did make a 190 mile round trip direction Austin and got the Red Beast up on the Interstate and run 80 mph plus and blow out them cylinders lol

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few upgrades/mods over the last week or so. First, I installed a 180 thermostat in my truck. Easiest thermostat swap I’ve done in my life. Steady state highway driving coolant temps dropped about 20 degrees. Oil and trans temps dropped about 10-15 degrees as well. No codes or CEL. Did the same driving loop before and after in the same ambient temp (80F) and humidity (~50%). I’ll look into how to get the radiator fan to turn on sooner than factory setting. Super happy!

Second mod is an Odyssey H8 AGM battery. There is nothing wrong with my OEM battery but after reading countless threads with battery issues in newer trucks I thought I would make the swap before it bites me. Taking that little plastic spacer nub out of the bottom of the tray is all it takes to fit an H8 in place of the H7. I’ll get a new insulation wrap in the near future for the H8.

Third mod is a Bakflip Revolver X4S from Real Truck. Install went smooth and it lined up really nice without any fuss. Super easy to install and feels pretty secure to boot! Really happy with the purchase! Thanks @RealTruck!!!

View attachment 547465

View attachment 547466

View attachment 547467
Nice GT. Do you have a link for the thermostat and battery? Thanks.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why, you exorbitantly rich *******, you. :smoke2:

The blocked word is p-l-a-y-b-o-y...WTF?
Rich omfg low overhead living due to life insurance money from wife. I did spend it all on pay off all high bills owed and property MX. I almost bought a 21 LT Camaro with manual trans it was close. As a few have stated Need vs Want lmao.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
NO I normally run 89. Running the tank down to under 1/4 and trying to get fresh fuel in there. My normal drive is under 10 miles and I just keep topping off. So going with the best in the area till I feel most old stuff flushed through then back to 89 I go.

I did make a 190 mile round trip direction Austin and got the Red Beast up on the Interstate and run 80 mph plus and blow out them cylinders lol
I don't put but maybe 200 miles per month on mine, so also low mileage and not far each time. I usually let it run down to about 1/4 tank before I fill up so I get a decent 'flush' each time anyway. Now, if I'm making a long trip I'll only let it drop to about 1/2 before I fill up just in case I run into a long stretch with no stations - like Western NM. I drove damn near 200 miles between stations there last March.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This time of year is Tropical Storm and worse timeframe so I Neva let the truck sit under 3/4. If weather predicted fill up. Problem here is I am in middle of state so the problem u get here is bad T Storms and spun up tornadoes from hurricane blow by.

Six Turboed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Inline 6 Twin Turbo
Finished the first wash and wax. Sprayed Bead Maker on wheels and wheels wells. I’ll touch up the windows and then it’s just regular washings and Bead Maker every time after washing.
I thought I was ordering the sheets/strips of non skid cut to fit in the door sills. What came was from WeatherTech and they were molded black plastic with the stickems on it to hold them in place. I never know how far I’m off with those because the forward end always rises a bit. Anywhos did what I could placing them, they are installed look nice and will serve a good purpose!:) of course I could not find any OEM on the Ram online parts so this is what I ended up with. On my Tundras they were just sheets like thicker than average rubber/plastic but these are nice and fit like a glove and doors shut right fine:) those were the side steps I put on.IMG_6136.jpegIMG_6135.jpeg

Last edited:

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed EGR bug hood protector and in channel window visors. The hood protector is definitely not a flush fit, which is good. All Matt finish instead of glass and the window visors match the Matt side pillars.

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_174437.jpg
    IMG_20240811_174437.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240811_174342.jpg
    IMG_20240811_174342.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240811_174054.jpg
    IMG_20240811_174054.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240811_174216.jpg
    IMG_20240811_174216.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 7

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed a J&L Oil Separator/catch can. And changed a Cabin Air Filter.

Catch can took a little longer than normal, because of the RamAir cleaner on the GT model.

Air cleaner wasn’t horrible, but wanted a new one in there. Truck was built over a year ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 7

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finished the first wash and wax. Sprayed Bead Maker on wheels and wheels wells. I’ll touch up the windows and then it’s just regular washings and Bead Maker every time after washing.
I thought I was ordering the sheets/strips of non skid cut to fit in the door sills. What came was from WeatherTech and they were molded black plastic with the stickems on it to hold them in place. I never know how far I’m off with those because the forward end always rises a bit. Anywhos did what I could placing them, they are installed look nice and will serve a good purpose!:) of course I could not find any OEM on the Ram online parts so this is what I ended up with. On my Tundras they were just sheets like thicker than average rubber/plastic but these are nice and fit like a glove and doors shut right fine:) those were the side steps I put on.View attachment 548333View attachment 548334
Like those sill guards. Ordering a set for mine.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I was ordering the sheets/strips of non skid cut to fit in the door sills. What came was from WeatherTech and they were molded black plastic with the stickems on it to hold them in place. I never know how far I’m off with those because the forward end always rises a bit. Anywhos did what I could placing them, they are installed look nice and will serve a good purpose!:) of course I could not find any OEM on the Ram online parts so this is what I ended up with. On my Tundras they were just sheets like thicker than average rubber/plastic but these are nice and fit like a glove and doors shut right fine:) those were the side steps I put on.View attachment 548333View attachment 548334
Nice, like the door sill scuffers, looks like OEM boards.

What did I do to 5th GEN: Used it to haul hay a couple of days ago and did fill up the gas tank.

Garage stacked.jpgLoad 1.jpg

RealTruck

Reaction score
Installed EGR bug hood protector and in channel window visors. The hood protector is definitely not a flush fit, which is good. All Matt finish instead of glass and the window visors match the Matt side pillars.
Seamless installation! The matte looks phenomenal against the Patriot Blue.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Aeroskin AVS II Matte Black Bug Deflector on mine. Been on for years. Only real MX on it is I recently cleaned and put Meguairs Renew it Black on it. You may wanna do more often than I do, lol.

Front AVS II.jpeg

Last edited: