Windshield Wiper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I need to replace the windshield wipers on my nearly 5 year old 3500. Which ones should I get and from where?

Are they easy to replace?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you are replacing them for the first time ,and the originals lasted FIVE years I would replace them with the same exact ones. Your profile says Arizona, I’m in Florida and the heat eats mine up. I do about every six months or so , with Anco brand , may be that’s my problem?

They are easy to change, pretty self explanatory when you get the new ones .

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have tried about five or so different brands and none of them seem to last very long , so I have started buying a 10 pack from amazon. This helps to save some cash and I always have a spare set behind the seat if needed .

MOGG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like the 'Scrubblade' ( https://www.scrubblade.com/products...rq=yr_2016~mk_ram~ie_1500-2500-3500-4500-5500) wipers. They have a duel blade set-up, with each unit having one blade with a 'scrubber' and the other blade a regular blade, so twice the 'action' one each pass (https://www.scrubblade.com/pages/faqs). I'm very happy with the performance, they are priced well, and last a very long time (still on my original set on my Gladiator, 2 years, and still going strong) Also very easy swap, click and go, with adapters included in the pack if needed. I having been using the HD version.

sb.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I live in San Diego, which is called the High Desert, Sea Level is not High Desert.

2,440 feet is closer to High Desert

At 86 meters (282 feet) below sea level, Death Valley, California, is one of the hottest, driest places on the planet.

So my wiper blades don't last long,

Rain ? What is that ?
the only thing my blades do is sweep off DUST & flying Bugs

Bosch ICON beam wiper blades , seem to last on my Ram
I don't know what people in Arizona's Phoenix area use for their storms
1722132459002.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was caught up in one of those Dust Storms.
People driving too fast for conditions, some trying to OUT RUN the dust.
Vehicles on top of vehicles, some on the vehicles side, others just slamming into slower vehicles.

I was just looking for a Good Motel close by.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I live in San Diego, which is called the High Desert, Sea Level is not High Desert.

2,440 feet is closer to High Desert

At 86 meters (282 feet) below sea level, Death Valley, California, is one of the hottest, driest places on the planet.

So my wiper blades don't last long,

Rain ? What is that ?
the only thing my blades do is sweep off DUST & flying Bugs

Bosch ICON beam wiper blades , seem to last on my Ram
I don't know what people in Arizona's Phoenix area use for their storms
View attachment 547398
I was caught up in one of those Dust Storms.
People driving too fast for conditions, some trying to OUT RUN the dust.
Vehicles on top of vehicles, some on the vehicles side, others just slamming into slower vehicles.

I was just looking for a Good Motel close by.
Looks like where I live. We just had one come through last Sunday - 108°, sprinkled for 5 minutes just to dampen everything, then the dust rolled through for an hour and made a mess out of everything.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
If you are replacing them for the first time ,and the originals lasted FIVE years I would replace them with the same exact ones. Your profile says Arizona, I’m in Florida and the heat eats mine up. I do about every six months or so , with Anco brand , may be that’s my problem?

They are easy to change, pretty self explanatory when you get the new ones .
Good advice! I found the Mopar original ones here:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to replace the windshield wipers on my nearly 5 year old 3500. Which ones should I get and from where?

Are they easy to replace?
Easy. 22” blades from NAPA a good choice. But, just get a name brand on sale. Good blades should go at least two seasons sitting outside and getting lots of use. Wipe the blade with a paper towel dipped in washer fluid or hit it with squeegee at the fuel island when filling gas tank. Gets the grit off of it and removes dead rubber.

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Bosch Icons long lasting, priced right and you can order from Amazon. It’s easy on off install. Check YouTube

Gary Fields

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've bought the usual ones from Trico, Michelin, Rain-ex, and OEM over the years. Friend told me about these on Amazon- Parrati brand Premium all season blades. They last and work well. Cost about the same. Try them. I never heard from the before but have bought others for other vehicles.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ever since they quit using actual rubber for wiper blades,none of them last anywhere near as long as they used to.I buy the cheapest ones on sale,and swap them out on a yearly basis.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But Bosch wipers from Amazon. There is no part on your truck that is easier to replace than Wiper Blades, less than a minute, no tools. It will take longer to watch the YouTube video.