ZF 845RE Loss Power 4K+ RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2017 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 with the 8 speed automatic, started having what i assume to be transmission issues after turning over 150K Miles. When driving normal the Transmission shifts fine. However, when the transmission gets up to operating temperature, If you try to accelerate to pass another vehicle, or what not, It's like shifting the truck to neutral when the engine approaches 4K RPM. It does this in every gear. In the mornings, after the truck has sit all night, I can drive my typical 30 minute commute to work with no issues. In the afternoon, i can drive it normally, no issues, unless I try to accelerate, at 4K RPMs, it's like the transmission disengages. Let off of the throttle to drive normally and everything is fine. I am probably going to end up taking it to be serviced, was curious if anyone else had similar issues, and if so, what did it end up being?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a common issue when was trhe last time trans flid was replaced? Also have it scanned for trans codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

asome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i had a scan completed and the only code was P0198 Oil Temp Sensor. I noticed that sometimes the vehicle will show dashes --- in place of the oil temp. Would this cause some kind of Limp mode not allowing the engine to exceed 4K RPM?

Gcastle7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v 6
Having the exactly the same transmission issue everything is fine until it goes over 4K