2020 RAM limited suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drakemparker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
My air lift suspension won’t lower or raise. Says it can’t until my side steps are retracted. But when I’m at a stop. I go to the menu. Hit deploy steps, and then retract steps and my steps do both fine. But truck still says can’t lift or lower because steps are deployed. Any ideas?

Last edited:

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no ideas...my wife has a 2022 limited that has been good so far, so sorry...I am of no help.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
In old tech it sounds like a limit switch malfunction. In today’s world of computer everything it’s probably a processor. I think you’re going to have to visit a dealer with hopefully a computer tech-savvy technician.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Haven't had that issue with mine either but here's a diagram...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_092731_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_092731_Drive.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 12

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I agree with DanAR, it sounds like a limit switch issue. Either it's sticking or has a bad connection (possibly bad connector/connection/pin or chafed/broken wire).

If you can find the switch I recommend spraying it with some lubricant to see if that helps. Many use a lithium-based spray but I had the best success with bicycle chain lube as that dries without attracting dirt.

darioa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0 L
My air lift suspension won’t lower or raise. Says it can’t until my side steps are retracted. But when I’m at a stop. I go to the menu. Hit deploy steps, and then retract steps and my steps do both fine. But truck still says can’t lift or lower because steps are deployed. Any ideas?
I had trouble with my suspension 2023 RAM 1500 Limited) and I had to do a reset of the suspension, which fixed the problem of not being able to raise it or lower it. I can’t remember the steps but you can search how to reset it. Just pressing a few buttons on the console, so it is easy to do.