3.6 oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalifPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck would leak engine oil when parked on an incline. Figured it was from the oil cooler , but after a good look. There was no oil on the bell housing or back of the block that I could see. Cleaned everything up and parked on the flat ground for a week, no leak. Parked on the incline and sure enough, drips on the driveway the next day. Took it to the dealership as it is still under warranty. They called and said it needs upper and lower oil pan gaskets. Dropped it off this morning and will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully that cures it.

OP
OP
C

CalifPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up my truck this evening, drove 50 miles and no leaks. They changed the oil filter as a courtesy to go with the new oil. But the steering wheel is about 25 degrees off now. Ugh!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up my truck this evening, drove 50 miles and no leaks. They changed the oil filter as a courtesy to go with the new oil. But the steering wheel is about 25 degrees off now. Ugh!

Did they have to drop the steering rack to get at the upper gasket? If they did maybe the dealership didn’t recalibrate the rack. I have a 2018 3.6 and they are electric power steering. Never worked on one but believe they need a recalibration if moved.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Back to the dealer it goes.