Check Engine Lights/ electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrentM9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
BA597367-A3F3-411B-A875-39B94E5C3026.jpeg
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 ram 3500 6.7 with 130,000kms. Has been great but started having issues with a bad turbo actuator, it would throw random codes I ended up reading this was from a faulty turbo actuator.
Replaced that with a fleece cheetah, had no issues since but it seems whenever I get work done on my truck I get random codes that take a
While to clear.
I just had a webasto heater installed and since then it had low coolant code and a few others. I plugged in a code reader to clear those, then I got 3 more different ones.
Truck is tuned with efi live 5 stage, the bully dog tuner I just kept the screen when I got it re tuned years ago, but I am unable to clear the codes with that so I tried a reader.
I was told it may be a bad ground, so I printed off a diagram but before I get into that just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips, as shop rate where I live is $200/hr and this could be a nightmare.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6E699A68-75E3-43FD-BDAD-C3EAFEDF846E.jpeg
    6E699A68-75E3-43FD-BDAD-C3EAFEDF846E.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 506520
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 ram 3500 6.7 with 130,000kms. Has been great but started having issues with a bad turbo actuator, it would throw random codes I ended up reading this was from a faulty turbo actuator.
Replaced that with a fleece cheetah, had no issues since but it seems whenever I get work done on my truck I get random codes that take a
While to clear.
I just had a webasto heater installed and since then it had low coolant code and a few others. I plugged in a code reader to clear those, then I got 3 more different ones.
Truck is tuned with efi live 5 stage, the bully dog tuner I just kept the screen when I got it re tuned years ago, but I am unable to clear the codes with that so I tried a reader.
I was told it may be a bad ground, so I printed off a diagram but before I get into that just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips, as shop rate where I live is $200/hr and this could be a nightmare.

Thanks in advance
Denise at Inline Automotive in Edmonton has a pretty good rep,if you're close to her shop

OP
OP
B

BrentM9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have heard her name a lot, I’m 5 hours from Edmonton, hoping I don’t need to travel there but may have to. Thanks!