Chevron vs. Maverik gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chevron does a lot of advertising on how no other gas brand gets better mileage than theirs, so I am putting it to the test. I normally run maverik as it's cheaper than Chevron but I figured if I eeked out even 1 more mpg the cost would be completely justifiable. My last four tanks of maverik are as follows:
13.19 mpg
13.12 mpg
12.76 mpg
12.33 mpg
I really like the way my truck sounds when the skinny pedal reaches the floor and my buddy always wants to race me in his Chevy 6.0 lol. I've got the bottom end up to 50, he has anything past that for the record.

My first tank of Chevron put out 12.79 MPG or about median of the maverik gas. I did not change my driving habits at all. But it is important to note that I did have a tad bit more power. On my way home from work every day, there is a slight incline straight stretch that while running maverik gas and using cruise control, the truck would always kick down out of overdrive. If I took it out of cruise, I could get it to keep speed in OD mind you. But with Chevron gas, OD will take that incline all day while using cruise control. Same speed, speedo right on 60 which is actually 65 for my tire conversion. I will run another three tanks and see if my mileage improves to keep this experiment completely objective.
I run 87 octane with both brands, and all mpg is hand calculated with tire conversion included. I will update in a week or so next time I have to fill up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Chevron with techron FTW.... naw jk, i see no differences between all the tier 1 level gas stations that has stricter standards on what their additives can and cannot be.

In lamen terms, all tier 1 gas stations should have 0 effect on performance/mileage etc. Tier 2 maybe...

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The chances of you actually getting a better mean MPG are extremely slim. Good luck though.

OP
OP
GunnerJ

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
08 quad cab long bed hemi 4x4 with 3.73 gears on 33s

OP
OP
GunnerJ

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chevron with techron FTW.... naw jk, i see no differences between all the tier 1 level gas stations that has stricter standards on what their additives can and cannot be.

In lamen terms, all tier 1 gas stations should have 0 effect on performance/mileage etc. Tier 2 maybe...
I can agree with that, but I've always been told maverik is lower quality than Chevron, shell, etc.
The most notable thing is the tad bit more power in OD which is good by me