Electrical Gremlins head light and taillight go ouit randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdimock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman with a 5.7 Hemi. Every now and then while driving at night The drivers side headlight and the pass. side tail light would not workl. Also the wipers would not work. Then after a random amount of time they wou;ld start working again. Checked voltage at headlight and when it is not working it is between 5 and 7 volts. Checked the grounds, hooked up new grounds but still screwed up. Now it is not an intermittent problem it is constant. Anyone ever experienced this? Possibly a BCM or TIPM or whatever the hell they're called? It's making me CRAZY!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you tried switching headlight bulbs around, left to right etc.? Just wondering if it is a bad bulb. Same with taillight. Headlights are on different circuit than taillight so should be different problems. But if all this is happening at the same time, a ground would still be my first guess but not sure why such diverse things. I don't think it is at the box, otherwise I would think it would be both headlights or taillights. Maybe a rubbed-off shielding of the wires. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tdimock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Switch bulbs didn't change. The light not working is getting 5 volts? Seems like ground issue but not.??