Exhaust options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 5.7 engine and I went with the Magnaflow. I liked the nice rumble without being over the top load. The one thing I will warn is you really are not going to gain much performance. You are basically paying $1,200 to sound cool. I also added a CAI and again there was not a noticeable amount of performance gain not increase in fuel economy.
You didn’t add a cai you just replaced the existing one with an aftermarket one to no gains. The stock intake is already a cai.

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 5.7 engine and I went with the Magnaflow. I liked the nice rumble without being over the top load. The one thing I will warn is you really are not going to gain much performance. You are basically paying $1,200 to sound cool. I also added a CAI and again there was not a noticeable amount of performance gain not increase in fuel economy.
I'm not looking for any performance gains. Just don't like the quiet stick exhaust. I own a 500 hp mustang gt and it's loud. No cats, x pipe and 40 series flowmasters. Plus pipes are a little bigger than stock.

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Carven "Competitor Series" delivers a all around aggressive tone at idle, cruising and on acceleration.... my pick, I don't have hwy drone....

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP. Look at the OEM GT muffler they put on the Rebel and Laramie GT. A little more sound than stock, and no drone.

I’ve had several mufflers on my RAM 1500 HEMIs over the last 13 years. My two favorite were the Carven Progressive on my 2017 Rebel with 5 inch tips. And a SOLO Performance muffler on my 2014 Laramie.

I hope you find the right one for your liking.

goatmann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have the the B2 Fabrication Moderate unit installed. i had a local muffler shop do the simple swap from the OEM unit. People state very often how good the truck sounds.

(from the website) - Low rumble, slightly louder than stock (Great for road trips, Family truck, towing trailers,) This is how your truck should have came from the factory!

good luck with your decision.

Bmags

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
I have the Carven Competitor on my truck and love it. I actually wish I could be a little louder...

My truck is a 2019 Classic, Crew Cab, with the 6.4' box and 3.21 gears. There was some highway drone for me around 65-75 but I ended up removing 8th gear with a tranny tune (to effectively give me the same end gearing as if I had a factory 3.92 truck). Runs whisper quiet on the roads now... very very happy with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gambler69