JHoward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It won't let me post pic's in messenger,but here's some pics of my 300 that i bought used with 20,000 on it,and it now has 72,000 on it.As we were talking about the aluminium corrosion that happens to the hemi's,the mix i told you about seems to remove it,and keep it at bay.
The car already had corrosion starting,when i bought it,and now it has none

Attachments

• IMG_5221.JPG
    IMG_5221.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5226.JPG
    IMG_5226.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5234.JPG
    IMG_5234.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5235.JPG
    IMG_5235.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5220.JPG
    IMG_5220.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 24

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Well, I think I messed up. I didn't have permission to post an secret maintenance cleaning tip.

My apologies.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I guess the mix is a secret....... :rolleyes:
You also have to open the hood at your local coin-op carwash and wash the hell out of the engine,then you liberally spray the secret sauce over everything,lol. If you don't pre-wash the engine,it's probably not going to work as good.
I wasn't really going to post the mix or how to use it,as everybody on here seems to scared to wash their engine bays in the carwash,and i wasn't going to argue the point,i only got out of the hospital a few days ago,so i'm not up to arguing much yet,lol.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well, I think I messed up. I didn't have permission to post an secret maintenance cleaning tip.

My apologies.
LOL no apologies needed J. It's only what i've found that works good for keeping the aluminium corrosion at bay,somebody else might have a better mix,and maybe they'll post it also. I'm always experimenting with stuff to keep my engine bays clean and tidy,so i'll always listen to everybody else's experiments, :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
You also have to open the hood at your local coin-op carwash and wash the hell out of the engine,then you liberally spray the secret sauce over everything,lol. If you don't pre-wash the engine,it's probably not going to work as good.
I wasn't really going to post the mix or how to use it,as everybody on here seems to scared to wash their engine bays in the carwash,and i wasn't going to argue the point,i only got out of the hospital a few days ago,so i'm not up to arguing much yet,lol.
Hope you are doing okay........guess the hospital stay got you back on your feet.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
It won't let me post pic's in messenger,but here's some pics of my 300 that i bought used with 20,000 on it,and it now has 72,000 on it.As we were talking about the aluminium corrosion that happens to the hemi's,the mix i told you about seems to remove it,and keep it at bay.
The car already had corrosion starting,when i bought it,and now it has none

Yep, I remember seeing these pics.

I'mma gonna give it a try and see if it see's to be.

What I meant was, I'm going to try it out.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Well, dang Rick. I didn't know you were down and out. Now I'm really feeling bad for letting out your secret maintenance cleaning and detailing engine compartment tip, less the carwash power cleaning part, lol.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Getting a bit better Phil,one thing i learned is don't ignore your body for a couple months,it'll go into melt down mode eventually,lol.
Didn't know you were going through health issues but I'm glad to hear you're on the mend!

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. Getting old sucks,lol
For sure. Definitely gotta listen to what your body is telling you!!! If something seems off and isn't getting better...no matter how small it may seem...get your butt to the Dr and keep pushing until they find the correct answer. That is how my pancreatic cancer was...for roughly 2 months it felt like I was just hungry. I would eat and the hunger pains would go away...sometimes, not all the time. That lasted that way for 2 months...then started to be all on my left side, under the ribs, under the heart and into my left side back. That is when I knew something was definitely wrong. After several trips, and a CT scan later...pancreatic cancer spread to my liver. I know with pancreatic cancer it was probably too late even if I went in sooner, but I should have gone in sooner. It may have at least given me more time than I'm going to get with my loved ones. 2 days ago marks the 1 year anniversary of officially having pancreatic cancer, and I know my time is about up. Not sure if that means a week, or a couple months, but it is coming to an end. I'm only 45...healthy, other than this. Rarely drank alcohol, never smoked, stayed active and ate fairly healthy and this crap still happened. It sucks that I'm soon going to be leaving my amazing wife and my 17 year old mini me son, and my 11 year old daughter!! Bottom line, if you guys listen to only 1 thing I ever type outlasted to this...PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU!!!! You know your body better than any Dr, and if something seems off, keep fighting and pushing against your Dr to get a solution!!!
Kris

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
For sure. Definitely gotta listen to what your body is telling you!!! If something seems off and isn't getting better...no matter how small it may seem...get your butt to the Dr and keep pushing until they find the correct answer. That is how my pancreatic cancer was...for roughly 2 months it felt like I was just hungry. I would eat and the hunger pains would go away...sometimes, not all the time. That lasted that way for 2 months...then started to be all on my left side, under the ribs, under the heart and into my left side back. That is when I knew something was definitely wrong. After several trips, and a CT scan later...pancreatic cancer spread to my liver. I know with pancreatic cancer it was probably too late even if I went in sooner, but I should have gone in sooner. It may have at least given me more time than I'm going to get with my loved ones. 2 days ago marks the 1 year anniversary of officially having pancreatic cancer, and I know my time is about up. Not sure if that means a week, or a couple months, but it is coming to an end. I'm only 45...healthy, other than this. Rarely drank alcohol, never smoked, stayed active and ate fairly healthy and this crap still happened. It sucks that I'm soon going to be leaving my amazing wife and my 17 year old mini me son, and my 11 year old daughter!! Bottom line, if you guys listen to only 1 thing I ever type outlasted to this...PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU!!!! You know your body better than any Dr, and if something seems off, keep fighting and pushing against your Dr to get a solution!!!
Kris

Oh, man oh, man oh, man oh man ... I'm most definitely praying and hoping for the best for you ... my problems are most definitely trivial compared to this and makes me feel very fortunate.

I've got aches and pains at sixty three years old, but to hear this makes me feel ... well, Idk.

... just, dang.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Oh, man oh, man oh, man oh man ... I'm most definitely praying and hoping for the best for you ... my problems are most definitely trivial compared to this and makes me feel very fortunate.

I've got aches and pains at sixty three years old, but to hear this makes me feel ... well, Idk.

... just, dang.

Keep on, keeping on ... stay positive.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Kris
Aw jeez Khris,that sucks ,as 45 is way to young,i feel for you,and my prayers are with you.
Take care,and here's hoping a miracle comes your way.
Rick

Last edited: