LOWERED ON 28INCH DRAG RADIALS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 2wd reg cab, stage 1 tsp cam, 4.10 gears, cold air intake, true trac, rear control arm kit from moes , will be ordering longtubes soon, just a play truck, bought truck lowered looks like 2/4 kit but hard to say and previous owner didnt know, its just a play truck and the baby 28's on it, it needs to be dropped more

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2011 2wd reg cab, stage 1 tsp cam, 4.10 gears, cold air intake, true trac, rear control arm kit from moes , will be ordering longtubes soon, just a play truck, bought truck lowered looks like 2/4 kit but hard to say and previous owner didnt know, its just a play truck and the baby 28's on it, it needs to be dropped more
Are you on Facebook? There’s a bunch of guys running 3/5 drops and 4/6 drops. I know lower than 4” rear you need special rear control arm brackets. Can you post some pictures of the parts? Front springs and shocks. Rear springs and shocks. Rear control arm mounts on the axle.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ever thought of swapping out your light duty RFE transmission for an 8 speed first. You're on the ragged edge of that transmission lasting very long.I'd do the transmission swap first before spending money on lowering it more.

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ever thought of swapping out your light duty RFE transmission for an 8 speed first. You're on the ragged edge of that transmission lasting very long.I'd do the transmission swap first before spending money on lowering it more.
i havent put much thought into it, just a play toy really and like the look of the mickey thompsons, i have the 8 speed in my 93 with running gear from newer charger

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck
2WD?
Back gap isn’t too bad, but I hear you on the front.
Your lowering springs plus a spindle drop should get you 4”?
Probably the easiest way- at your stage- to lower the front more
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong
Sidenote- picture of my 2wd 2x4 Belltech drop with a 30.5” tire- front gap not ideal but wasn’t too extreme in my mind

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck
2WD?
Back gap isn’t too bad, but I hear you on the front.
Your lowering springs plus a spindle drop should get you 4”?
Probably the easiest way- at your stage- to lower the front more
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong
Sidenote- picture of my 2wd 2x4 Belltech drop with a 30.5” tire- front gap not ideal but wasn’t too extreme in my mind
ya 2wd im debating on cutting a little off spring or just ordering a full 4/6 kit

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
ya 2wd im debating on cutting a little off spring or just ordering a full 4/6 kit
This is my 4X4 with a 2" spindle drop.I wouldn't cut the fronts to much,as you start to run into bump steer if you go much lower on front with just a spring drop. I did a 4" front spring drop on my old white 13,and hated it,the truck wanted to swap lanes constantly everytime you hit a decent bump at 75+ mph.

Attachments

• DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    86 KB · Views: 8
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my 4X4 with a 2" spindle drop.I wouldn't cut the fronts to much,as you start to run into bump steer if you go much lower on front with just a spring drop. I did a 4" front spring drop on my old white 13,and hated it,the truck wanted to swap lanes constantly everytime you hit a decent bump at 75+ mph.
ya front springs are only 2 inch drop only planned to cut a little

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
ya front springs are only 2 inch drop only planned to cut a little
Look at your tierods,if they're pointing uphill,you're going to have bumpsteer.You might be very lucky now if you don't experience it,but you go much lower on the springs,and it's going to be noticable. You could do a spindle drop and gain another 2",and keep bumpsteer at bay though.Plus spindles are way easier to do then pulling the springs and cutting them,lol

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at your tierods,if they're pointing uphill,you're going to have bumpsteer.You might be very lucky now if you don't experience it,but you go much lower on the springs,and it's going to be noticable. You could do a spindle drop and gain another 2",and keep bumpsteer at bay though.Plus spindles are way easier to do then pulling the springs and cutting them,lol
gotcha i’ll look into spindles

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
gotcha i’ll look into spindles
There'll be a whole lot less blood leakage and cursing swapping the spindles in comparision to pulling the springs and cutting them,lol.The front springs aren't all that much fun to get out of a 2wd :waytogo: