Stellantis US Sales Fall 21%, Rolls Out $2,000 Incentive To Stop The Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Oh what bargains. New 2021s for sale in my area.

View attachment 547901

In fairness, those look to have been altered with aftermarket doo-dads by the dealer and had big tack-ons to the price. The gray one to the far right has a rack system and roof top tent. MSRP was nowhere near $83k for the actual truck, maybe $60k tops. The others appear to have lifts and aftermarket wheels at the very least.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
WTF is $2000 going to do on a $85k truck haha! When is stellantis going to do rebates on 2 year old trucks sitting in lots not selling. They are on drugs if they think 2-4k is going to move these vehicles. They had trouble moving some of them at 15-20% off so good luck. Then you throw quality issues on top of it and it becomes a joke. I am die hard Mopar to the core and I am even waiting to buy anything to see what happens with this company because right now they are in some serious trouble in multiple issues on price and quality as well as their leadership.
Exactly, I am die hard Mopar also and I agree $2000 is a joke. I'll have to be honest though that what they are making now doesn't interest me at all. No V-8, no 2 door, no DICE! No possible incentives for me. Man it hurts that I don't have a brand anymore because I was the most loyal customer they had for almost 50 years!

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In fairness, those look to have been altered with aftermarket doo-dads by the dealer and had big tack-ons to the price. The gray one to the far right has a rack system and roof top tent. MSRP was nowhere near $83k for the actual truck, maybe $60k tops. The others appear to have lifts and aftermarket wheels at the very least.

Either way, take the loss and sell them. Put that money to work now to make more with something that will sell.

The longer they hold on to those trucks, the less they will be worth, and will end up selling at an even bigger loss.

If a big recession does hit and last a few years, what will they sell for then?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They'll get pushed off to wholesalers eventually to get them off dealer lots out of sight out of mind to keep massive discounts to msrp off official dealer lots.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I walk around rambling about "I need to find a K Series Blazer, unmolested, set it up for..." Yeah...wife is sick of it. I think I am too, then I start talking about it again.
Good luck finding an 80s K series Blazer not been beat to death lol with that sorry TBI.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The last CEO who passed seemed to know what the americans wanted and left well enough alone with our vehicles. This current CEO seems to want to self destruct the current brand and let it drown.
Current out CEO be happy if we drove Alfa Romeo designed trucks with A RAM badge glued to the hood.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah, K cars might have saved them but that was a low point in my life when all they had to offer was 4 cylinder front wheel drive cars. I don't miss any of that! That's what made me start driving pickups! Lol

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, K cars might have saved them but that was a low point in my life when all they had to offer was 4 cylinder front wheel drive cars. I don't miss any of that! That's what made me start driving pickups! Lol

Didn't they get the Slant 6 also? Or was that a goner by 1980? The old man had a Slant 6 in a Volare. What a dog! lol

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Didn't they get the Slant 6 also? Or was that a goner by 1980? The old man had a Slant 6 in a Volare. What a dog! lol
Don't quote me but I think the slant 6 was in pickups till '85, '87 area. I know the slant 6 was a great engine but wasn't for me. I've always been a V-8 only guy and the big block V-8's at that so I've had to settle for a looooooong time! Lol

91rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just saw a video of a leak of new Charger pricing.......holy balls 68k and 82k for the 2 electric models.....that'll sell a whoping 100 units.....this company is a disaster right now. I saw a few videos today saying that employees are getting dumped at their headquarters and they are trying to close the detroit building. That was coming from actual chrysler employees getting emails about voluntary buyouts before layoffs. It doesn't sound good at all for any Mopar lover. God I hope some CEO comes in and somewhat rights the ship cuz this dude is a disaster.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did Lee Iacocca have a son??? Side note....One that likes V-8's!!!!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Don't quote me but I think the slant 6 was in pickups till '85, '87 area. I know the slant 6 was a great engine but wasn't for me. I've always been a V-8 only guy and the big block V-8's at that so I've had to settle for a looooooong time! Lol

Um, underpowered wheezer great? Um...
Same as calling Pontiac Iron Duke great.

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Um, underpowered wheezer great? Um...
Same as calling Pontiac Iron Duke great.

They were weak, but you couldn't kill them with dynamite. I had one, two neighbors had one, had one at work that was beat to death and never died.

A friend of mine had one in an early 60's Valliant wagon. Five of us headed up the mountain to Tennessee in it one Saturday night just for the fun of it.

I saw the oil light flash off and on a few times and I mentioned checking the oil. He said it did that all the time, no oil needed. The light finally just stayed on.

A few hours and a lot of miles on steep mountain roads later, we needed gas. As he was pumping, I checked the oil, or lack of oil. It didn't touch the stick.

Between us we rounded up enough money to buy 3 quarts after paying for the gas. It was still almost a quart low, but we were now out of money.

Engine never missed a beat, and was still running fine when he finally sold it.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
K cars all had 4 bangers, kinda looked like Jeep engines (M151s) with a lot of junk hooked up to it. U should try and run a K Car in a Hurry with an Old Style Light Bar mounted on top and running, roflmao.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milowerbckhrts