Stellantis US Sales Fall 21%, Rolls Out $2,000 Incentive To Stop The Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They were weak, but you couldn't kill them with dynamite. I had one, two neighbors had one, had one at work that was beat to death and never died.

A friend of mine had one in an early 60's Valliant wagon. Five of us headed up the mountain to Tennessee in it one Saturday night just for the fun of it.

I saw the oil light flash off and on a few times and I mentioned checking the oil. He said it did that all the time, no oil needed. The light finally just stayed on.

A few hours and a lot of miles on steep mountain roads later, we needed gas. As he was pumping, I checked the oil, or lack of oil. It didn't touch the stick.

Between us we rounded up enough money to buy 3 quarts after paying for the gas. It was still almost a quart low, but we were now out of money.

Engine never missed a beat, and was still running fine when he finally sold it.
The trick on the Slant 6's: Change the OIL once in a while, keep enough in there and even throw on an Air Filter and put in some plugs. Them thangs run forever. And yeah, they were in the Volares when they came out, like 76 ish...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not looking good for us Mopar guy's! I kinda remember this back in the early '80's so I'm hanging in to a small ounce of hope. Like something someone said earlier maybe an American someone/something buy it! Not holding my breath, though I do believe in miracles!
Wonder if the "govt" gonna bail out Stellantis and their horrible ideas and marketing in the US? Would not surprise me to see "Stellantis" bomb out of the US. Besides not wanting a 6 Cylinder electronic truck (keep my Hemi), I am concerned as think if Stellantis not wake up, they gonna be gone, just like them OMG WTH is this 500 Fiat's.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always thought the lack of power was why you couldn't kill them!
My ex wife, when we got together in the mid 80's, had a 74 Dart with a slant 6 and a Kazillion miles. It moaned, groaned, ticked like a Ben Franklin Clock, but I bet if the frame has not rusted through, that sucker running somewhere. IT never get anywhere in a hurry, kinda like the Tortoise and the Hare.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My ex wife, when we got together in the mid 80's, had a 74 Dart with a slant 6 and a Kazillion miles. It moaned, groaned, ticked like a Ben Franklin Clock, but I bet if the frame has not rusted through, that sucker running somewhere. IT never get anywhere is a hurry, kinda like the Tortoise and the Hare.
Oh yeah, if I was to want a 6 cylinder it would definitely be a slant 6 but I love power! Lol

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I will say that new 2 door Charger with a V-8 would catch my attention. That's what I would have bought before. I've always preferred a 2 door car!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will say that new 2 door Charger with a V-8 would catch my attention. That's what I would have bought before. I've always preferred a 2 door car!
2 door in Challenger, the Chargers all I have seen on new ones are 4 doors. But I do remember some of the long back 2 door Chargers. Friend had a 68 Coronet RT with the 440 in it, that sucker moved for a stock car.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
2 door in Challenger, the Chargers all I have seen on new ones are 4 doors. But I do remember some of the long back 2 door Chargers. Friend had a 68 Coronet RT with the 440 in it, that sucker moved for a stock car.
They have been showing both, a 2 door and a 4 door. I like choices, one size does not fit all!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NAH, they gonna give it to U, if made with 4 doors, and a SO straight 6 motor, lmao. I would slightly be interested in a lower Trim RAM with the HO motor, but they are only offered in the highest trims, and the new "Tungsten" line, at over 90K, geez, 90K for a truck and not even a V8 and really just a glamorized GG hauler. Wonder why "Stellantis" is in trouble, not take D-ick Tracy to figure out. A 90K plus truck is 2 1/2 years money pay for this retired BOIRD, lol. YUP, I see my slightly trimmed 2019 5th Gen Bighorn parking forever out front.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have been showing both, a 2 door and a 4 door. I like choices, one size does not fit all!
TBH, since I do not have any want or need for any car or SUV, except maybe for an LT Camaro, I do not even look at the ads for any 4 wheelers that Dodge has out, zero interest. I have a Big Critter, Hoss so truck the only way to go.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess I'll stick with what I have till the end. I don't have to settle!
The local dealership has so many trucks, and older models brand new, they got em parked all over, even on the grass and fenceline next to sister GM dealership. They R even listing the 2025 RAMs, lower trims here for under 50 K MSRP, they R in such bad shape and crying and begging for bizness, same at GM house here. BUT they (GM), R not lowering their prices under 50K unless U want a Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder 6,000 pound truck, lmao.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The local dealership has so many trucks, and older models brand new, they got em parked all over, even on the grass and fenceline next to sister GM dealership. They R even listing the 2025 RAMs, lower trims here for under 50 K MSRP, they R in such bad shape and crying and begging for bizness, same at GM house here. BUT they (GM), R not lowering their prices under 50K unless U want a Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder 6,000 pound truck, lmao.
Yep, definitely no other brand even in consideration for me. Keep what I have and will even look for something older. Wish I could afford something a lot older, '68 thru '70 Mopar. At this point in my life would love to get a '39 or '40 2 door Mopar coupe with a V-8 Mopar powered anything! Yeah I know, not gonna happen!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Just saw a video of a leak of new Charger pricing.......holy balls 68k and 82k for the 2 electric models.....that'll sell a whoping 100 units.....

If it's the one on Allpar, that's the "1st Edition" specialty version, not the regular versions. Seems like makers are jumping on the "limited edition" bandwagon to generate buzz and some extra profit on a new model. GMC even did it with a midsize offroad truck...

91rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's the one on Allpar, that's the "1st Edition" specialty version, not the regular versions. Seems like makers are jumping on the "limited edition" bandwagon to generate buzz and some extra profit on a new model. GMC even did it with a midsize offroad truck...

These were a couple different videos on well known mopar guys on youtube both showing two different versions of the electric charger and their respective pricing. Wasn't even the daytona version, just the r/t and scat pack versions. No pricing on gas versions but god I hope they aren't even close to those numbers or they'll be lined up on the lots next to the 24 models still sitting.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fact that they are already offering incentives or rebates just to try and sell their new products should tell you it's overpriced to begin with

OP
OP
Yardbird

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The trick on the Slant 6's: Change the OIL once in a while, keep enough in there and even throw on an Air Filter and put in some plugs. Them thangs run forever. And yeah, they were in the Volares when they came out, like 76 ish...

Another true story. My first wife's grandmother had a mid-1960's Valiant with a slant 6 she and her late husband had bought new. They drove it everywhere, and pulled one of the 1960's single axle campers with it.

He grandmother still used it to pull a camper, and was still her only car until she passed in the mid - 1980's.

Both of her son's (ex-wife's uncles) swore the oil hadn't been changed since right after the car was new. They had put one of the toilet paper bypass filters on it, and ever since they would just change the toilet paper out every so often and add make up oil as needed.

Everyone in the family claimed the same thing about the oil and filter. Maybe we're doing this oil change thing all wrong on out trucks...lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milowerbckhrts