Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,004 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 667 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Radiator hoses on my 07 pontiac are all original. Radiator has been replaced thanks to an ice chunk coming off of a semi on the interstate but hoses still look decent for 267k and 17 years old. The plastic wire loom that covers the wiring on the other hand.... if you looked at it wrong it disintegrated before your eyes so thats been re loomed.
I think it was Gates that discussed some kind of galvanic corrosive affect from EPDM hose left in too long, coolant acted as electrolyte between EPDM and aluminum.

Choppz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do feel about Red Line Oil ?
It's an absolutely phenomenal oil, but let me teach you if I can. The HSV is out of this world. But how much do you keep your car at redline racing? Anything that I learn which is when it comes to boutique oils in a sense they're all the same and no red line or amsoil belongs in that boutique group but with regular maintenance 3 to 5,000 it doesn't matter but for owners like me with OCD I run amsoil. The engine temps run 30° less and I can run it to 8,000 MI without it even turning different colors.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It's an absolutely phenomenal oil, but let me teach you if I can. The HSV is out of this world. But how much do you keep your car at redline racing? Anything that I learn which is when it comes to boutique oils in a sense they're all the same and no red line or amsoil belongs in that boutique group but with regular maintenance 3 to 5,000 it doesn't matter but for owners like me with OCD I run amsoil. The engine temps run 30° less and I can run it to 8,000 MI without it even turning different colors.
Man you still have alot to learn,if you think an oil will take 30 degrees out of the coolant temp.The only thing that'll take 30 degrees out of the coolant temp is a thermostat change.
I don't think you should be doing any teaching with that line of BS,some of us weren't born yesterday ;) :Big Laugh:
Oil color has squat to do with how heathly an oil is ,especially with an 8,000 mile oil change interval. Oil color at oil change time is determined by blowby past the rings,and doesn't tell you a thing about how much the oil has sheared down.
Carry on with educating us though,as some of us enjoy a good laugh:Big Laugh:

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Man you still have alot to learn,if you think an oil will take 30 degrees out of the coolant temp.The only thing that'll take 30 degrees out of the coolant temp is a thermostat change.
I don't think you should be doing any teaching with that line of BS,some of us weren't born yesterday ;) :Big Laugh:
Oil color has squat to do with how heathly an oil is ,especially with an 8,000 mile oil change interval. Oil color at oil change time is determined by blowby past the rings,and doesn't tell you a thing about how much the oil has sheared down.

... don't pay any attention to that "man behind the curtain", lol.

Last edited:

Slinge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have an opinion on Lubegard Biotech ?

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mopar coolant oat 21 bucks, hoat is 20 bucks for concentrate and 16 pre diluted. The perfect coolant for rams is dirt cheap, why buy something else? Ends up like 10 bucks a gallon when mixed with distilled water. Walmart generally looks like 8 bucks more, but the main point is I have seen a lot of coolant threads lately, anyone see any reason to not use OEM when it is this good and cheap? The least risky move is also cheap. Summers hear, good time to drain 2 gallon and put 2 back give er a refresh.
Thanks! Got 2 gallons...I always do that refresh thing every spring, so thanks for the heads up!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'm getting it too. Not sure why. It is a YouTube video from The Motor Oil Geek that isn't even up on his site yet. I'm hoping it will work when it comes out.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I prefer to smear some over my chest, really work it in there. Got to keep the covids at bay!

Choppz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aww I have a fan!!! No where did I mention coolant temps big guy. And also to show you're more wrong oil temp maintains 190 on highway and coolant stays around 190 as well.... Hmmm maybe you don't know everything. Who said I'm educating? Again Internet forum where people post... That's what I'm doing I'll let you know again my secret crush if you don't like what I post move tf on lmao. You must read a lot of books and magazines on cars.... That's cool story bro. Glad your a car nerd that can't don't turn wrenches. Again it's obvious to REAL ones. And your post count is quite comical for me as well, another forum where members think post count equals IQ lmao

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Aww I have a fan!!! No where did I mention coolant temps big guy. And also to show you're more wrong oil temp maintains 190 on highway and coolant stays around 190 as well.... Hmmm maybe you don't know everything. Who said I'm educating? Again Internet forum where people post... That's what I'm doing I'll let you know again my secret crush if you don't like what I post move tf on lmao. You must read a lot of books and magazines on cars.... That's cool story bro. Glad your a car nerd that can't don't turn wrenches. Again it's obvious to REAL ones. And your post count is quite comical for me as well, another forum where members think post count equals IQ lmao
I'm gonna call BS again,as what's this mean

"The engine temps run 30° less and I can run it to 8,000 MI without it even turning different colors."

Only way your coolant temps run at 190 is if you changed the thermostat little feller,lol.
Another tidbit for you,the stock T-stat is 203 in your 5.7.
Another tidbit ,190 is not 30 degrees cooler either,you'd have to be at 170 or less to be 30 degrees cooler
Yes i've read my share of hotrod mags /books etc. ,i didn't grow up in the internet age,and the way we learned was by reading magazines/books etc.also been racing everything with wheels since i was a kid many moons ago,and my toys hold their own on the dragstrip.Hell my wife probably has more dragstrip passes under her belt then you do,lol.
I'm actually getting really bored with you,as you appear to be a little high on yourself,and i don't have much patience for know it alls.
Have a great Saturday,and carry on with your dribble,as i'm done with you .
I don't usually give stalkers and trolls much credit,and you sir appear to be both:waytogo: :Big Laugh:

Choppz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm gonna call BS again,as what's this mean

"The engine temps run 30° less and I can run it to 8,000 MI without it even turning different colors."

Only way your coolant temps run at 190 is if you changed the thermostat little feller,lol.
Another tidbit for you,the stock T-stat is 203 in your 5.7.
Another tidbit ,190 is not 30 degrees cooler either,you'd have to be at 170 or less to be 30 degrees cooler
Yes i've read my share of hotrod mags /books etc. ,i didn't grow up in the internet age,and the way we learned was by reading magazines/books etc.also been racing everything with wheels since i was a kid many moons ago,and my toys hold their own on the dragstrip.Hell my wife probably has more dragstrip passes under her belt then you do,lol.
I'm actually getting really bored with you,as you appear to be a little high on yourself,and i don't have much patience for know it alls.
Have a great Saturday,and carry on with your dribble,as i'm done with you .
I don't usually give stalkers and trolls much credit,and you sir appear to be both:waytogo: :Big Laugh:
I did change out my thermostat.... Omg now what?

Last edited by a moderator:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did change out my thermostat.... Omg now what? I bet your wife has a lot of passes on her. With a husband spending all his time on the interweb i'm sure she's getting attention from somewhere lmao. I'm not here to pull my dck out like yourself. I don't own a Ram. Was here to look around to see if it's a viable purchase. I can assure if I do I wouldn't come back here for knowledge. Also I like how you try to spin it around as if I'm the stalker or the one who has a crush. Again anytime you don't like my post **** and mtfo. You might be from the golden age but you're certainly sitting safe behind your keyboard with big talk. Please continue to educate big post count as you know all.

At the risk of jumping into the fray; you did suggest the temps were due to the change in oil. This is not possible. Any decrease in engine temps is due to the cooling system, so tstat and ags etc.

Oil also gets dirty as it does its job with all the various detergents in the formula; I don't know what you ran Amsoil in but you won't be putting Amsoil in a hemi and getting clean oil back after 8k miles. The hemi is a filthy little burner, all oil gets dark quickly with it, and especially if you run a premium oil after junk oil you should be seeing it clean up the deposits etc.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

$hit Rick, and here I thought I had to change my diesel oil every 5 hours when it turns black.