What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Upgrading the topper lift system. SuperStut for the crossbeam.
I tried this system before and even with 3 2x4 lagged together, it would still bow.
Now I can use the rafter winch instead of the 4 hooks in the rafters and cargo straps

Back a few years I just drilled a 1/2" hole in the center and run a I bolt thru into a bit of 2/4 and lifted off with loader, but that was a $300.oo one.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Upgrading the topper lift system. SuperStut for the crossbeam.
I tried this system before and even with 3 2x4 lagged together, it would still bow.
Now I can use the rafter winch instead of the 4 hooks in the rafters and cargo straps
View attachment 545815

testing with some temp chains, going here after work to get the wire rope.
View attachment 545816
Picked up some premade rope wire lanyards to replace the above chains, but they are 6ft and the cradle will drop down too far to lift the top off the truck when the hoist is all the way in. Took one lanyard and basically made 2 3ft'ers. Now I have to get clamps and thimbles to lock it in at 3ft. one of these days I will finish it

20240703_152951.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
oh yeah weathertech in-channel window visors. I have to find something to get that damn film off the outside of the window
20240703_153609.jpg

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
the clay roads, I have tried vinegar, alcohol and liquid wax. Going to have to try some rubbing compound or glass wax
Gotcha. Tbh, I had to look this up. Haven't experienced this one yet...sounds like I'm not missing out. Saw some invisible glass - glass stripper on Amazon. No idea if that works. Also found people talking about using various products/chemicals (some you already mentioned here) and razor blades to get it off of the glass...please share when you get yours to come off. Wish I had a magic bullet to help.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Well weather people said 60+% of thunderstorms from 1PM on, so we did not go!!!! As usual they were looking out the wrong window. it would have been a perfect day; our next planned day is 7/14. Dakota went 15.4 (it had a true trac in it) they are now- part only $800- for the Ram. Way too much just for one day at the track. When I added it to the Dakota it was less than $600! But it was needed as the Dakota was our winter vehicle, and without it, you could not use the throttle to steer (only a "one leg" RWD like are Ram).For some reason you could not get it in a club cab,4.7, HD suspension, HD manual 5 spd., and tow package? Ram Will not see snow, so will hit the drag strip with only "one leg".
So I did get it back in the garage, after Shaun picked up his Vette and dropped of a Sentra SR with 180k on it for brake and belt noises. once back in did a waterless wash and ceramic coating.

Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Picked up some premade rope wire lanyards to replace the above chains, but they are 6ft and the cradle will drop down too far to lift the top off the truck when the hoist is all the way in. Took one lanyard and basically made 2 3ft'ers. Now I have to get clamps and thimbles to lock it in at 3ft. one of these days I will finish it

View attachment 546197
ok the last time for a while y'all will see this project, got the thimble and put them on, so for the crossbeam, it is done