Old guy with new to me 2017 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joetheway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently got my 17 Ram and activated the uconnect app. I have noticed that my truck seems to randomly start on its own. On the dash it says something about remote start activated. Is this something I am doing with my key fob bumping something in my pocket? I am definitely not requesting a remote start through my phone.

wrench78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
doubt that you're doing it through your pocket. in order to activate the remote start, you have to press it 2 times in a row. Maybe you're confusing the unlock button with the remote start button? I never activated the app in my truck so can't give you insight about that.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Several times I found my truck running in the driveway due to the remote start button being bumped in my pocket. I disabled the button in the fob as I hate that remote start feature anyway.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that i have started my Ram, while the FOB is in my Jeans pocket.

I have done it while climbing stairs, but mostly i do it while carrying something, like bags of Mulch & or Fertilizer.

Now, i try to put the FOB buttons against my leg, instead of having them facing out.

I have put on some weight in the last 4 years, & Doctors & Nurses are seemingly always asking to look at my Leg Ulcer, so instead of dropping my pants, i am now wearing larger legged Jeans, so i can expose my leg up to the knee by rolling it up.

Before my jeans may have been too tight in the legs, causing pressure on the FOB

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The FOB can go bad as well, I had one that the lock/unlock started going crazy. Whe I opened it up, I saw that the little carbon discs had come loose.

This must've been from dropping the FOB over the course of time. I bought a couple FOB cases on Amazon, and swapped my circuit board out

Last edited:

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have accidentally remote started my truck once or twice in 5 years while at work because of accidentally bumping the FOB that was in my jeans pocket. I think it is very rare and hard to do, but it is definitely possible. I was walking by my truck about 50 feet away the one time when it happened...I was freaked out trying to figure out what just happened!!! Haha

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok back to you stating you activated the UConnect. Has this happened SINCE you activated it? How long have you owned this truck and had it ever happened before you activated the UConnect?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to the forum joe, it will get more replies next time if you post the issue in the title.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is a difference between Uconnect, which is FREE & connects your phone & the FOB to your truck & allows you to use the VR button

Uconnect Advantage & Sirius Guardian, lets you use APPS,
these are FEE Based, usually a monthly charge.
( one of the APPS, allows you to use your cell phone to Start your vehicle, at distances that your FOB can not reach )

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
7 years for a battery that lined in MN, yes if original battery that needs to be changed.