Some recipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I whipped up a pork shoulder over the weekend for some pulled pork sammichs for the week...whoa doggy..friggin delicious..(wife gave the seal of approval with "thats the 2nd best thing you've ever made"..OMG!).I'm like ok?..lol
Slathered on my concoction of several spices I had...I mean really heavy..8lb chunk of meat looked an old suede basketball when I was done with it.put it in a pan raised up dumped a little water in the bottom and some liquid smoke.covered with foil.
Quick cooked it in the oven at 325 for bout 3.5hrs(so thats about 4 mixed drinks give or take)basting with the juices every hour or so then removed the foil and dropped it to bout 250 for an hour more.
Took it out,covered with tin foil for another 30min or so on the counter to cool then went to shreddin...set aside a good sized helping for the in-laws pre-sauce(he's diabetic)then mixed in some of my homemade BBQ sauce not to heavy(I make like gallon every couple months)I say it needs more,she says nope leave it....lol
Made a couple sammichs on the softest burger buns ever for dinner and I was stuffed i tell ya....made the mistake of making 2 for lunch today..had a hard time gettin that 2nd one down but dam that chit is/was good.
That was my cookin for the weekend.
You're making me hungry sir! :)

So I've always wanted to make my own BBQ sauce....would you share that recipe? I've so far only taken sauces I've bought and mixed up my own concoction.

We tried some other BBQ sauces we found in local grocery store, and really like one called: Sticky Fingers - Sweet and Smoky. Cut it with some rub and apple vinegar as I shared before here with pork ribs - 6 hours later slow smoked at 225-250 in Green Egg and WOW! Good stuff! I also used the rack BGE sells (Present I got!) and put chicken legs up on the top for the last 1.25 hours - all meat types had temp prob's in them and watched on phone from inside while in AC as it was scorching hot that weekend! I'm making myself hungry just writing this!! Good stuff for sure!!

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh dam!...Again,love me some good ribs.Sometimes I make 'em good other times---ehh.I think its the meat in my situation(i wanna blame the meat,couldnt be me...right?....lol)..I never changed the way I do it.maybe cook times(1 mixed drink I might drink slower than the next...lol),maybe temps aren't consistant.Its all good and edible just not that over the top taste sometimes.Remember the cook/chef is always his own worst critic.
On the sauce i really just watched a bunch of u-tube videos about makin sauce,then kinda just put my spin on all the ingredients and amounts,times and temps.Some slow and low,next batch boil it for a little bit get that nice rich dark look,add more of this ,less of that.Kinda like a witches brew....No 2 batches are ever the same and i dont care...not like im selling it..I like more of a thick sauce than a watery type.What is the same that I do,is pour the last bit of what I have left into the next batch(i put them in mason jars-most of the time more than 1/2 a jar goes in).Doesnt matter how I do it it always tastes wonderful.Wife,friends all love it.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
One of my things is a low carb chicken vegetable soup.
20231223_183953.jpg

Don't really have a recipe for it

Chop 1 or 2 large sweet onions.
Boil with 1 whole chicken for about an hour, remove and debone the chicken (you can then boil the bones and skin etc. further for extra stock). I usually instead just toss the bones and skin at this point.

Chop up the chicken meat and set aside. Add better than bullion chicken to the pot, 2 or 3 tbsp.

All veggies are about 1 lb each

I chop a small head of cabbage
Fresh chopped asparagus
Fresh chopped celery
Fresh chopped green beans
Fresh chopped zuchini
Fresh chopped yellow squash
Frozen peas and carrots
Frozen broccoil chopped
Frozen cauliflower chopped
Couple lg. cans diced tomatoes w/basil and garlic

Add a little water as needed

Some liquid smoke, salt and pepper, everglades, etc. You just about cannot go wrong unless you oversalt or pepper it.

I usually add some corn for color and it doesn't add much carbs since its a huge pot at this point.

Cook until heated and add in chopped chicken. The chicken will mostly shred pretty fine as it cooks after adding.

As you know soups and such are always better the 2nd day or so.

This pot is 12 or 16 quarts, I forget, been a while since I've made it.

I basically just threw stuff together when I first made it.

Hope you enjoy it.

PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Oh dam!...Again,love me some good ribs.Sometimes I make 'em good other times---ehh.I think its the meat in my situation(i wanna blame the meat,couldnt be me...right?....lol)..I never changed the way I do it.maybe cook times(1 mixed drink I might drink slower than the next...lol),maybe temps aren't consistant.Its all good and edible just not that over the top taste sometimes.Remember the cook/chef is always his own worst critic.
On the sauce i really just watched a bunch of u-tube videos about makin sauce,then kinda just put my spin on all the ingredients and amounts,times and temps.Some slow and low,next batch boil it for a little bit get that nice rich dark look,add more of this ,less of that.Kinda like a witches brew....No 2 batches are ever the same and i dont care...not like im selling it..I like more of a thick sauce than a watery type.What is the same that I do,is pour the last bit of what I have left into the next batch(i put them in mason jars-most of the time more than 1/2 a jar goes in).Doesnt matter how I do it it always tastes wonderful.Wife,friends all love it.
Everyone has their own style, mixes, etc. But I have to say, once I started using temp probes when I grill everything got many times better. You don't have to have a fancy one, just pick one for the number of probes for the number of meat types you grill all at once. I still have my first one I got off of Amazon but today use the weber one only because I got it as a gift, and I can use it away from the house with cell phone. Weber one also includes some recipes that certainly sound good to boot! AND you can have as many beverages as you want, since you'll know exactly what temp things are at, see the temp graphs as you cook as to better estimate time to be done, and know exactly when to add more juice so you don't fan the grill lid and lose the temp control.

Weber LINK
Other option LINK

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of my things is a low carb chicken vegetable soup.
View attachment 546799

Don't really have a recipe for it

Chop 1 or 2 large sweet onions.
Boil with 1 whole chicken for about an hour, remove and debone the chicken (you can then boil the bones and skin etc. further for extra stock). I usually instead just toss the bones and skin at this point.

Chop up the chicken meat and set aside. Add better than bullion chicken to the pot.

All veggies are about 1 lb each

I chop a small head of cabbage
Fresh chopped asparagus
Fresh chopped celery
Fresh chopped green beans
Fresh chopped zuchini
Fresh chopped yellow squash
Frozen peas and carrots
Frozen broccoil chopped
Frozen cauliflower chopped
Couple lg. cans diced tomatoes w/basil and garlic

Some liquid smoke, salt and pepper, everglades, etc. You just about cannot go wrong unless you oversalt or pepper it.

I usually add some corn for color and it doesn't add much carbs since its a huge pot at this point.

Cook until heated and add in chopped chicken. The chicken will mostly shred pretty fine as it cooks after adding.

As you know soups and such are always better the 2nd day or so.

This pot is 12 or 16 quarts, I forget, been a while since I've made it.

I basically just threw stuff together when I first made it.

Hope you enjoy it.

PM if you have any questions.
He// ya!....I swap out a few items I don't like but I'd eat that

Everyone has their own style, mixes, etc. But I have to say, once I started using temp probes when I grill everything got many times better. You don't have to have a fancy one, just pick one for the number of probes for the number of meat types you grill all at once. I still have my first one I got off of Amazon but today use the weber one only because I got it as a gift, and I can use it away from the house with cell phone. Weber one also includes some recipes that certainly sound good to boot! AND you can have as many beverages as you want, since you'll know exactly what temp things are at, see the temp graphs as you cook as to better estimate time to be done, and know exactly when to add more juice so you don't fan the grill lid and lose the temp control.

Weber LINK
Other option LINK

Temp probs...psst ...true cooker don't need no stinkin probs...lol
I have 2.....I prolly should use them ..lmao

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
He// ya!....I swap out a few items I don't like but I'd eat that
Funny thing: My grandkids (6, aged 8 to 20) do not like several of the veggies in this, but will flat eat the hell out of it just as it is. Go figure.

When I made the pot in this pic, it lasted 3 days.

P.S. Now that i think about it, this might be a 20 qt. pot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I definitely can relate to that...i like pickles,cant stand them on my burgers.i hate brocolli.love cheese/broccoli soup...some people are just odd in that way.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
20240116_173933.jpg

A couple ribeye and filets on the grill.
All 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" thick.

Liquid smoke, garlic salt, everglades, and Montreal steak seasoning ground fine.

Med-hi heat, 3 minutes-turn 90°, 3 minutes-flip. Same timing other side.

Right about medium, but enough room to throw on for a minute on each side if underdone.

I would rather be a liitle short instead of overdone, for sure.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
View attachment 546822

A couple ribeye and filets on the grill.
All 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" thick.

Liquid smoke, garlic salt, everglades, and Montreal steak seasoning ground fine.

Med-hi heat, 3 minutes-turn 90°, 3 minutes-flip. Same timing other side.

Right about medium, but enough room to throw on for a minute on each side if underdone.

I would rather be a liitle short instead of overdone, for sure.
This is an invitation right? :) Man that looks good!!

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep....Im makin a couple of those this weekend(you musta been readin my mind),gonna do up sum loaded baked tators also.....Watched a few vids how to slice up my own meat and what part to buy..Bought a big chunk on sale from like $240 down to $80(I think...it was a very cheap way to go compared to buying what i got out of it)area at Winn-Dixie,basically what they and Publix get in and then butcher it up for individual sale(both places sell for bout $16-17pd around here when sold individually)but they do sell it that way whole.If you dont see it ask him for it..its there.Pretty much only worth it if its on sale though.I got 11 ribeyes 1.25in area thick(about the size of your lightest color one in the pic)and a 6 rib slab out of it and quite a few scraps i froze up to grind for some burgers 1 day.dam good bargain to me.just can't bring myself to grind up a ribeye though...lol
Nicely done on the grill marks also!
Where you at in Fla Ed?
You would know publix and Winn-Dixie.
Man I love talkin food,can you tell?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I'll throw in a few bucks and bring beer - what time? :happy160:

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yep....Im makin a couple of those this weekend(you musta been readin my mind),gonna do up sum loaded baked tators also.....Watched a few vids how to slice up my own meat and what part to buy..Bought a big chunk on sale from like $240 down to $80(I think...it was a very cheap way to go compared to buying what i got out of it)area at Winn-Dixie,basically what they and Publix get in and then butcher it up for individual sale(both places sell for bout $16-17pd around here when sold individually)but they do sell it that way whole.If you dont see it ask him for it..its there.Pretty much only worth it if its on sale though.I got 11 ribeyes 1.25in area thick(about the size of your lightest color one in the pic)and a 6 rib slab out of it and quite a few scraps i froze up to grind for some burgers 1 day.dam good bargain to me.just can't bring myself to grind up a ribeye though...lol
Nicely done on the grill marks also!
Where you at in Fla Ed?
You would know publix and Winn-Dixie.
Man I love talkin food,can you tell?
Fort Myers area.

Food is about the only vice I have left....lol.

I hear you on the ground ribeye, but I'd bet it would be tasty. I would have to cook that one slightly pink though, just less than medium well.

Publix has good meats, Costco is decent, too. BJ's is good also. There's a small family butcher/grocery (Lawhon's) that's been in the area for at least 60 years, they have awesome meats, but prices are out of sight, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam!....Punta gorda ....up the street and around the bend from ya.know Ft.Myers pretty well.
I hit bjs for my poke chops...nice 2inch thicks ones....I get a 9 pack...slice them in half and season them (to double my haul) then vacuum bag them....Its only the wife and I so stuff lasts a long time.Mainly for hurricane season.
I goto the butcher in arcadia... Fussells... Same deal been around forever...I get my burger stuff from them.In-laws went there as kids some 70 years ago,still go today....Is that Lawhons place over by the civic center on bayshore?sounds familiar .
Pass by it everytime theres a gunshow.
Sounds like your literally 20 miles away if your in that area.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Beef stew, stacked buffalo enchiladas, chicken with salsa verde and tomatillos, smoked salmon caesar salad,
lasagna, spaghetti with Italian sausage, pre packaged brisket and carnitas. Tacos any time.

When I am tired like after a long day hunting breakfast for dinner. Bacon and eggs or spam with toast.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dam!....Punta gorda ....up the street and around the bend from ya.know Ft.Myers pretty well.
I hit bjs for my poke chops...nice 2inch thicks ones....I get a 9 pack...slice them in half and season them (to double my haul) then vacuum bag them....Its only the wife and I so stuff lasts a long time.Mainly for hurricane season.
I goto the butcher in arcadia... Fussells... Same deal been around forever...I get my burger stuff from them.In-laws went there as kids some 70 years ago,still go today....Is that Lawhons place over by the civic center on bayshore?sounds familiar .
Pass by it everytime theres a gunshow.
Sounds like your literally 20 miles away if your in that area.
Small world!

Yep! You know Lawhon's. That's the one. I grew up out by the Civic Center.

In my youth, I saw many many rock concerts a the Lee Civic Center. Way back, it was the Lee County Arena. Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Kiss, Aerosmith, Journey, BOC, Rush, Ozzy. So many great memories.

I've been over 50 years in this area, and it's getting to where I hate it. So much sprawl and such.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep.i kinda started hating it years ago.Sad thing is all that building is coming from the other side across the alley moving north on this side puttin all those city ways where they don't belong.
I had a holy crap moment when Babcock lost/sold the ranch.
I take it you've definitely eatin at Hogbodys then?.i like that place although I haven't been there in awhile,a year id say at least...just way to crowded when I go by.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yep.i kinda started hating it years ago.Sad thing is all that building is coming from the other side across the alley moving north on this side puttin all those city ways where they don't belong.
I had a holy crap moment when Babcock lost/sold the ranch.
I take it you've definitely eatin at Hogbodys then?.i like that place although I haven't been there in awhile,a year id say at least...just way to crowded when I go by.
Know Hogbody's for sure, been a good while though. At least 10 years, maybe more.

When I was doing alarm system service in the mid-80's, I had a call at the Babcock Ranch hunting lodge. Might have been called Cypress Lodge then. What a beautiful place way back then. Got to meet and speak with Fred Babcock, who was pretty old at the time.

I'll bet he's rolling over in his grave over what they've done to his beloved ranch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one for you guys...this happened last night.
I was about to whip up a couple nice ribeyes on the grill.....when I got this idea,I'm gonna slice this up and make sum ribeye fajitas....So i sliced up a bunch of 1/4in thick pieces,sprinkled a bunch of spices and a touch of flour in a big zip loc and went to shaking.Dumped some avocado oil in a pan...Then went to fryin on a medium low setting.Well,on about the 3rd round of dropping slices a big ole thunder,lighting crash,scared the crap outta both of us at the oven and storm sounds never make my jump..popped the range hood circuit(had the light and fan on).im goin WTH just happened?Oven still on,AC on,TV on.Wife goes out to the garage to check the breakers..popped that cicuit yep..comes back still freakin out asking why it only popped that one?..Then looks out the front door...
Yep...theres a fire across the street!..she hurries and calls 911..lady says ok truck is on the way. Still no clue why it only popped that circuit...static in the air maybe due to how close it was ?I dunno...just weird.
Closest I've ever been to a strike and I was inside and felt something.
Went outside to keep an eye on it(started getting pretty big,which wouldnt've hurt my feelings...it was just about to flame up big time going to the right...pepper trees)before the truck came bout 3min.later, all the while my steak parts are gettin cold before assembling.
Truck came and had it out in like 5 min.Went back in and assembled with sum shredded cheese,some diced up mators and lettuce,topped off with some sour creme and more shredded cheese then hit the microwave for a spell,all nice and hot again..really hit the spot

Attachments

• 136572.jpeg
    136572.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 7