Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,004 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 667 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The problem is, I don't believe anything the UAW says either.
I like this guy, we would get along great around a camp fire.

It isn't personal right, we believe absolutely nothing nobody says and that is plenty ok? Kinda why I like oil, say what you like we follow the proof.

Curmudgeon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
he was just being nice when he said trust though, lol.
Indeed!

I met a guy, recently retired, who actually "feet on the ground" a member of Reagan's Trust but Verify team. :cool:

Based on the limited amount he could still tell us, it was all about the "Verify", as "Trust" was not in their vocabulary. Trust was for the folks back home, and the team saw a bit of pushback on the Verify so they dug all the harder.

Always fun meeting a guy like that at the range! :Big Laugh:

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like this guy, we would get along great around a camp fire.

It isn't personal right, we believe absolutely nothing nobody says and that is plenty ok? Kinda why I like oil, say what you like we follow the proof.
I prefer the saying in the "Italian Job".. "Trust everyone, just don't trust the devil inside them"

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
460k Tellurides recalled and the manu says don't park outside, lol. This is why I didn't buy a flat when this town made them, really cool buildings, but everyone parks their car in the garage on bottom floor lol wood frame, lol. Imagine what is gonna happen with all these electric cars being parked their. Apparently a power seat motor can burn the car to the ground, oh golly.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I will stay with 5w30 also. This is average mileage for 2 years total. 1 year with whatever oil was in the truck when I bought it, appx 5k on oil, and this past year with PUP 5/30 and Lubegard.

Almost all miles are short trips or longer mountain trips. Picture just now taken. This was reset the day I bought the truck.

Attachments

• 20240608_122232_copy_601x592.jpg
    20240608_122232_copy_601x592.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a 77,000 mile used engine in a customer's 2015 Nissan Sentra. He ran over road debris and destroyed the oil pan/engine.
After rejecting 3 engines due to either rusty cylinder or sludge/ carbon, I finally received a clean one. It runs very good. I used Valvoline Synthetic 5W20 "Restore" motor oil. This is a brand new product to me, and I'm drawn to claims of cleaning out the cylinders.
I boroscoped all of the candidates and the winner was the 4th engine, which I used, and it looked pristine inside, I wasn't able to see how clean the ring lands were/are.
The filter is a genuine Nissan. The jury is out until 4000 miles at next oil service!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just installed a 77,000 mile used engine in a customer's 2015 Nissan Sentra. He ran over road debris and destroyed the oil pan/engine.
After rejecting 3 engines due to either rusty cylinder or sludge/ carbon, I finally received a clean one. It runs very good. I used Valvoline Synthetic 5W20 "Restore" motor oil. This is a brand new product to me, and I'm drawn to claims of cleaning out the cylinders.
I boroscoped all of the candidates and the winner was the 4th engine, which I used, and it looked pristine inside, I wasn't able to see how clean the ring lands were/are.
The filter is a genuine Nissan. The jury is out until 4000 miles at next oil service!
Lots of promise, oil geeks video, looks like restore helps bottom of rings and si-1 cleans the rings from the top

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The best part of the new valvoline as reported is very similar to si-1, both products clean slowly thus not causing larger issues downstream. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an ester similar to autorx, as that product did something similar. I think they did mention that Cummins oil in the vid as well.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best part of the new valvoline as reported is very similar to si-1, both products clean slowly thus not causing larger issues downstream. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an ester similar to autorx, as that product did something similar. I think they did mention that Cummins oil in the vid as well.
If only we could get that here in Dubai. All we get is this..
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 09.20.42(1).jpeg
It is pretty cheap though (approx 78 USD for 16 litres). I got some and hoping to use it in my next oil change. A friend bought some from me and used in his Nissan X-Terra. He said that engine sounded smoother than the previous fill of Castrol Magnatec 5w30.

Attachments

• MEA_Val_AllClimateSP_5W30_MO_LD_EN-3.pdf
    456.9 KB · Views: 1