UNFORTUNATELY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately how life suddenly smacks you upside the head and sucks!. I wish I lived in an area where there was a big market for over the top modded Ram Crew Cabs like mine. But here in Saskatchewan Canada, the market for such a vehicle like mine is probably minimal. Doing some planning to provide for the future. I am considering..kinda cornered into thinking of selling my Warlock. But after all the show mods, mostly exterior, I am torn as I know i will not get my expected value. I'm thinking with the over $20K in mods there won't be much interest in Canada.
I wonder if i took it down to the USA and left it at a friends in Tacoma if that would be a solution? I am wondering if a 2021 Ram Crew Cab 4x4 with 70K km would be of interest but who knows.

You guys have any suggestions?
I do not want to put this on the For Sale section yet until I get some connfirmation on this medical issue. Jury is still out so to speak..but i have almost crashed and burned once!

Just banging out a thought to see if there are any ideas out there of what a fella could look into doing that I have not thought of.
Thanks..hope I have not violated any rules, if so moderator can advise or relocate please.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Vehicle market is no different here, you are going to take a bath on a truck like that no matter where you go. "Mods" are a losing proposition financially (especially over the top mods), do it because you enjoy it and write it off as entertainment. I would much rather have a unmolested truck then a highly modified one any day. Your market segment is Extremely small and you will get pennies on the $ for the mods.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off I am sorry about your medical condition. Second you might have better luck over here, but no one is really buying anything. The mods I doubt you would ever see even a fraction of that back. I know the guy I got my Camaro from had roughly 25-30k just in the engine, trans, suspension, etc. He sold it for what the car was worth stock. Mods tend to hurt the resell value.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately how life suddenly smacks you upside the head and sucks!. I wish I lived in an area where there was a big market for over the top modded Ram Crew Cabs like mine. But here in Saskatchewan Canada, the market for such a vehicle like mine is probably minimal. Doing some planning to provide for the future. I am considering..kinda cornered into thinking of selling my Warlock. But after all the show mods, mostly exterior, I am torn as I know i will not get my expected value. I'm thinking with the over $20K in mods there won't be much interest in Canada.
I wonder if i took it down to the USA and left it at a friends in Tacoma if that would be a solution? I am wondering if a 2021 Ram Crew Cab 4x4 with 70K km would be of interest but who knows.

I do not want to put this on the For Sale section yet until I get some connfirmation on this medical issue. Jury is still out so to speak..but i have almost crashed and burned once!

Just banging out a thought to see if there are any ideas out there of what a fella could look into doing that I have not thought of.
Thanks..hope I have not violated any rules, if so moderator can advise or relocate please.
Boy, I know how life can smack ya in the face unexpectedly...a year ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. If ya want, send me some pics of your truck...how much you want for it and some details about it. I am looking at getting my son something and if it is something he likes and the price is good, we could maybe work out something.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I'm feeling you on this, but health is the most important.

If you must sell it; suggest to remove as many mods as possible and put it back to as stock as possible, and sell the mods separately.

Sell the truck for what you can. As said already here, mods hurt a vehicles resale.

I've got $10K+ in audio, security, GPS tracking, and camera system upgrades in my truck now that I had all removed my my previous 19'. All these mods are maybe 2-years old currently.

The Dealership offered my $2K extra on my trade in to keep them all in. Yeah, right!!!
I paid the shop that installed it all $1,500 all in to remove it all, turn my old truck back to stock, and then reinstall it in my new truck.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, and more so that health is on the good side for you/your family.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks to all the quick responses. yep I kindbut that is the kinda buyer i am looking for. Canadian dollar is on 2/3rds of US so a good buy I'm thinking.a figured as you all have mentioned mods mean nothing to the average joe. Certainly not going to sell it back to the dealership. I will send some pics and a list to KKBB..That's the kinda buyer I would pass my WARLOCK on to..someone who can appreciate not just a Ram 1500 but a piece of beauty..to my eye "old school" I guess. Ahh well guess I will let the cards play out and see where medical and sale info goes.
Cheers and thanks everyone

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The way mine is modded an adult would probly think it is over the top, but as I am a man child, I have a similar monkey brain to high schoolers and college students. When I plan to sell, that will be my target audience as some of them may like my mods. IDK what you plan on selling yours for, if you have a $50k usd truck then obviously that won't apply. Mine will be $10k if I'm lucky when the time comes so it might still be in some of their price range.

Edit: My hand made bumper is the most significant mod I added. There is a very high chance I put the factory one back on and sell it separately.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque

First off, I'm sorry to hear you're going through health issues, Dave. As I get older I've come to realize just how important good health and time are. I never thought I'd say that younger people have no appreciation of how fortunate they are to have both. I swear that's my father talking LOL. I hope this turns out to be more of a minor short term thing for you and you're able to keep your truck!

I've seen many of your appearance mods. They're well done but would require the right buyer to appreciate them fully. What else have you done besides appearance mods?

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Mikeru on your note just a Vararam CAI ,catch can. Flowmaster custom Y pipe,vice skid plate resonators removed 5 inch Black exhaust tips.. was thinking ofARH LT’s as suggested by Wild One…may not get to the later.. tons of lights, stereo speaker upgrades.. tons of sound deadener..like $3000 worth.. dumb me!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Yeah that's a good amount of upgrades. I usually get bit by that since I rarely keep vehicles more than 3 years and I love to upgrade stuff LOL. But for me it's worth it because I get to enjoy those upgrades while I own the vehicle. Although I usually try and remove anything that will transfer over to the vehicle that it's being replaced with.