Tires make all the difference in the world!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Picked up my PW 2 weeks ago and kinda got a punch in the gut when I saw the craptastic, worn out tires that were on it. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, got to put my Cooper Discover Rugged Trek 315/70/17s on sooner than I expected.
Absolutely crazy how much difference a set of tires can make!!

Before
1000010048.jpg
After
1000010047.jpg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats on the truck! I'm not gonna disagree with you on the tire choice.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Nice looking rig!
Tires and brakes are the two most important items on a vehicle, in my personal opinion.

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Wow! Those Power Wagons look great in white.

Nice choice.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yep...
I picked up my PW brand new, drove to the tire shop across town and swapped the OEM Duratracs for a set of 35" 10 ply Klever RTs. ( and sold the Duras for almost what I had into the new ones...)
They've been exceptional tires so far...

luckydiyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fatbob - what improvements do you see with those tires? I would love a PW but my wife finds the ride too floaty and jiggly on highway, so much so that she gets a little car sick. Do those tires help address that all? (Long shot question, I know.) I do not / cannot make any suspension changes that impact height because I need it to fit in my garage. Stock PW barely clears as it is. Thanks.

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Fatbob - what improvements do you see with those tires? I would love a PW but my wife finds the ride too floaty and jiggly on highway, so much so that she gets a little car sick. Do those tires help address that all? (Long shot question, I know.) I do not / cannot make any suspension changes that impact height because I need it to fit in my garage. Stock PW barely clears as it is. Thanks.
The worn out Toyos that were on it were HORRIBLE. They bounced around like basketball. Going around corners it would start bouncing and continue to get worse unless I let off the throttle. I haven't seen any of that with the new Coopers, corners are smooth as silk. The ride still amazes me for a 2500 HD pickup and as far as I know everything in the suspension is stock, haven't really inspected too closely but I know the original Bilsteins are on it yet.

Just realized the quote was directed at Fatbob

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Yep...
I picked up my PW brand new, drove to the tire shop across town and swapped the OEM Duratracs for a set of 35" 10 ply Klever RTs. ( and sold the Duras for almost what I had into the new ones...)
They've been exceptional tires so far.
Before I took ownership on my new Warlock I had the brand new stock Good-For-A-Year RSA's removed and had brand new 35" Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT 10-ply's installed.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe you can change out to thuren springs, he has a set for the front that are only a half inch taller, and for the rear you can actually get a set that are a little lower than the factory springs. Combined with a good pair of shocks i would have to think that floaty feel (i get that with mine too) would go away.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Improvements? I really can't say cause I only had the Duratracs for a few miles.
I wanted to go up to 35" tires and the local shop said they've been having good success with the Klevers even on farm trucks that see a ton of gravel roads.
I can say they have been surprisingly good tires for me(especially in the winter) and are still going strong.
Not too loud- though my glass-packed exhaust probably covers what noise they do make.
It also rides pretty nice for a 3/4 ton truck despite the 10ply e-rated tires at 60psi...
In fact-I liked them so much I bought a set of 28" Kenda Klever XTs for my General...
33.jpg

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Improvements? I really can't say cause I only had the Duratracs for a few miles.
I wanted to go up to 35" tires and the local shop said they've been having good success with the Klevers even on farm trucks that see a ton of gravel roads.
I can say they have been surprisingly good tires for me(especially in the winter) and are still going strong.
Not too loud- though my glass-packed exhaust probably covers what noise they do make.
It also rides pretty nice for a 3/4 ton truck despite the 10ply e-rated tires at 60psi...
In fact-I liked them so much I bought a set of 28" Kenda Klever XTs for my General...
View attachment 542093
Ive heard nothing but good from them as well. And i think most sizes have 3 ply sidewalls too.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Picked up my PW 2 weeks ago and kinda got a punch in the gut when I saw the craptastic, worn out tires that were on it. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, got to put my Cooper Discover Rugged Trek 315/70/17s on sooner than I expected.
Absolutely crazy how much difference a set of tires can make!!

Before
View attachment 541910
After
View attachment 541911
Couldn't agree with you more, had pulling to right still after alignment and just overall poor handling with my new to me 2500. Put new tires on and is like a completely different truck now! Old tires weren't even close to halfway worn either.

Compu-Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Before I took ownership on my new Warlock I had the brand new stock Good-For-A-Year RSA's removed and had brand new 35" Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT 10-ply's installed.
I literally just put the same ones on my '19 1500 Classic two weeks ago and love them so far.
Good in the wet and hwy so far...

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I literally just put the same ones on my '19 1500 Classic two weeks ago and love them so far.
Good in the wet and hwy so far...
Fantastic tires!
I had them on my then 19' 1500 Classic all last summer and really enjoyed them. Put about 20,000Km's on them.

I ended up obtaining a Michelin warranty for all four of them, and they replaced them all for me.
So, now my new Warlock has a brand new set of them that just went on my stock 20" rims.