2025 1500 payload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
Has the payload for the 2025 1500 increased to a reasonable level? What little I can find spec-wise seems like they are higher, but I can't find detailed info.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The payload is individual to the truck, posting a general picture won't help you. A tradesman will generally have more than other trims. Then all the extras like running boards, bed covers, hitches, etc. lower the number.

The 2024 PCs were pretty respectable with up to 2,300 pounds; that exceeds some 2500s. If someone wans to push the limit then the truck needs to be weighed with all people and gear in the truck at scales and them subtract from GVWR on sticker. That will give an exact number for towing calculation.

OP
OP
H

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
Maximum payload capacity is useless. Usually they publish a chart with payloads by model configuration, which varies widely. This of course doesn't include options. But it gives you something to go on. Actual is often a few hundred pounds less, but it's good for relative comparisons.

I was able to go down to my local dealer and check a weight sticker. They sold the only remaining 2024 so I couldn't compare to that, but attached is a window sticker for a 2025 Big Horn Crew Cab 4WD Hurricane short bed. It includes the trailer tow group and level 1 equipment. The weight sticker said payload was 1585. I found one spec sheet that said 1890 for a Tradesman, but that would be without options, so 1585 seems realistic. That should include a full tank of fuel but I do not believe it includes a driver like they did in the old days. That is a little better than older Rams I believe. But a comparably equipped F-150 that I checked today was 300 lbs more. I did not have a chance to check a Laramie.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 8

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maximum payload capacity is useless. Usually they publish a chart with payloads by model configuration, which varies widely. This of course doesn't include options. But it gives you something to go on. Actual is often a few hundred pounds less, but it's good for relative comparisons.

I was able to go down to my local dealer and check a weight sticker. They sold the only remaining 2024 so I couldn't compare to that, but attached is a window sticker for a 2025 Big Horn Crew Cab 4WD Hurricane short bed. It includes the trailer tow group and level 1 equipment. The weight sticker said payload was 1585. I found one spec sheet that said 1890 for a Tradesman, but that would be without options, so 1585 seems realistic. That should include a full tank of fuel but I do not believe it includes a driver like they did in the old days. That is a little better than older Rams I believe. But a comparably equipped F-150 that I checked today was 300 lbs more. I did not have a chance to check a Laramie.
Payload is everything you put in/on the truck after it rolls off the assembly line - fuel, passengers, running boards, tonneau, cooler full of beer, tool box, etc. - except 150# for the driver.

OP
OP
H

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
Payload is everything you put in/on the truck after it rolls off the assembly line - fuel, passengers, running boards, tonneau, cooler full of beer, tool box, etc. - except 150# for the driver.
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I need to clarify that I am talking about payload capacity.

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I don't think payload is higher for 2025 Ram's. BTBRV showed a 2025 Limited with a payload of 1100 lbs. That's in line with 2019-2024 trucks of that trim level.

Axle ratings haven't changed.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Part of the Payload, for those that have not been informed.
Could be a box of Tissues in the cab.

OP
OP
H

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
I don't think payload is higher for 2025 Ram's. BTBRV showed a 2025 Limited with a payload of 1100 lbs. That's in line with 2019-2024 trucks of that trim level.

Axle ratings haven't changed.
It's crazy how much options add up. That seems really low though; I'll have to check a Laramie.

I found some 2023 and 2024 numbers on a dealer site, but not sure how accurate they are. But it shows the Limited Longhorn about 200 lbs higher curb weight than the Laramie.

There is a recent post here for a 2024 Rebel, and it was 1350, which I thought was in line with previous Big Horns, but I guess it does have some extra equipment.

Last edited:

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's crazy how much options add up. That seems really low though; I'll have to check a Laramie.

I found some 2023 and 2024 numbers on a dealer site, but not sure how accurate they are. But it shows the Limited Longhorn about 200 lbs higher curb weight than the Laramie.

There is a recent post here for a 2024 Rebel, and it was 1350, which I thought was in line with previous Big Horns, but I guess it does have some extra equipment.
There was someone on here with a Limited that I believe had a payload of under 1k, they posted a picture to prove it.

There are some of these trucks that are really just really big cars.

OP
OP
H

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Hurricane
There was someone on here with a Limited that I believe had a payload of under 1k, they posted a picture to prove it.

Yikes. Maybe that’s a good way to encourage people to lose weight.

I got the stickers for a couple I am looking at. The 2024 Hemi payload capacity is 1739 and the 2025 Hurricane is 1755. They are virtually identically equipped, except the 2024 has bucket seats and the 2025 a bench, but both power. The difference from the one I mentioned previously is that had skid plates, trailer mirrors, the larger fuel tank, and the audio upgrade, which apparently accounts for 170 pounds, which seems reasonable.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I had a 2017 CCSB Sport with 774 lbs of payload. That was due to the 22" sport wheels it came with. They have a very low load rating.

1721129636310.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would be curious about the Payload difference between 2 Rams ..
They would have to have everything identical, except for suspension
1 with Air Suspension
the other 1 without

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would be curious about the Payload difference between 2 Rams ..
They would have to have everything identical, except for suspension
1 with Air Suspension
the other 1 without
I think if both truck were identical, one with and one without the air suspension, the cargo cap would be the same. To my knowledge, air suspension only smooths out the ride, it does nothing for payload.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think if both truck were identical, one with and one without the air suspension, the cargo cap would be the same. To my knowledge, air suspension only smooths out the ride, it does nothing for payload.

You would be correct. Air bags do not increase payload capacity. Axle, wheel and tire ratings are not changing

91rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 2017 CCSB Sport with 774 lbs of payload. That was due to the 22" sport wheels it came with. They have a very low load rating.

View attachment 546792

I laughed at your post because that is almost humerous at that low weight rating. My John deere gator hauls 500lbs in the bed so we were close hahah! Those trucks looked awesome but man was it useless for weight. I always liked that green color and I have a 2015 ignition orange sport myself but its at around 1250 lbs with the 20's.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I laughed at your post because that is almost humerous at that low weight rating. My John deere gator hauls 500lbs in the bed so we were close hahah! Those trucks looked awesome but man was it useless for weight. I always liked that green color and I have a 2015 ignition orange sport myself but its at around 1250 lbs with the 20's.
Those wheels bent easily as well. I bought a set of 20" Laramie wheels to use whenever I towed. Brought the payload up to around 1500 lbs.